Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: wtb old nano icons back

Quote Originally Posted by Onack View Post
    I see the use of the new icons if they have worked, here is a image that shows what i mean
    http://mariuseg.tihlde.org/images/new_ncu.png

Since I am using the list-mode of ncu their border dont show correctly.
    As it is now, changes are useless
    I use list mode too. If they rather change time format from 00:00:28 to 28 to be more readable.
    Dragocz RK1

New nano/hot bar icons are fugly.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    also why the color bounding?

its part of the game for you to realize if you have been ninja buffed or debuffed. it also takes skill to pay attention to that, why make it easier?
    i think they actualy made it harder ))
    all this border makes a complete nonsense of the icon, way to many colors stuffed into a tiny box, and im using 1920x1200 res

WTB change back button/option
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

You people are boring.
    I like the general idea, but I dislike the implementation due to the icons being a mess. WTB: Better icons, but sticking to the original idea.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Well it's not the nano icons so much as the magnified perk icons on the hotbars that look just awful. Add borders to those too or something to shrink them back down a bit.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    You people are boring.
    I like the general idea, but I dislike the implementation due to the icons being a mess. WTB: Better icons, but sticking to the original idea.
    Tried playing a shade? hit all your perks and your ncu is suddenly full of hostile, but benign nanos. Makes a mockery of the idea of being able to easily spot debuffs with colour coding. Change is not always good, or necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Tried playing a shade? hit all your perks and your ncu is suddenly full of hostile, but benign nanos. Makes a mockery of the idea of being able to easily spot debuffs with colour coding. Change is not always good, or necessary.
    Maybe they need a new category for those, then.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Please give old Nano-Icons back!!

Esp. on Pet-Info NCU they look very bad and small!

Ok Idea, bad implementation.

*Icon's are washed-out.

Rince - repeat - Reado.

It does hurt when the implementation is so poor.
    I'd rather have the old back If i could choose.
    -You must be the change you wish to see-
    (Omni-Mining) Iivanov Clark (Iivanov) Gear 200-Soldier
    (Omni-Mining) Tamena (Tamena) Gear 85-Trader
    Omni-Mining | Omni-Mining Propaganda | Omni-Pol
    Atlantean RP gimp since dec 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    You people are boring.
    Yeah I like the idea too but the implementation sucks. Well it looks good on nanos if you get used to it but perks look really bad now and on some buffs you cannot distinguish them anymore. And in listmode it's totally messed.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I love the fact that the fixer LE hot procs have never been fixed. One is green and helpful, the other red and hostile. *rolls eyes* Let me just remove backyard bandages then...

I don't mind the idea behind the changes I just don't personally care for the perk images and the new shiny bright colors. One of the things I've always liked about the general design of AO was a scuffed, dirtier feel. It's very pretty and shiny in my NCU and hotbars now - wtb grit back.

I really find the new ncu's painfull for the eyes i really hope there will be a disable options for these.
    French, deal with it.

I don't like it either.
    Can we know how much time did you waste with icons instead of working on new engine?
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Some good news!

These changes are an overlay, so if you make the 10 overlay files transparent you get your old icons back.

Some less good news, this needs it's own custom gui . Easy for people using the default, as you can make your own gui with just the 10 changed images, not so good for anyone using a 3rd-party one unless you want to hack it.

Files to make totally transparent are:

GFX_GUI_ICONTYPEFRAME40_(YELLOW|BLUE|GREEN|RED|WHI TE).png
    GFX_GUI_ICONTYPEFRAME32_(YELLOW|BLUE|GREEN|RED|WHI TE).png

Follow the instructions in the "how to skin AO thread" in Knowledge Database, and you're good to go.

Doesn't put the perk icons back or make the hotbars smaller, I'm investigating whether the size is in XML or hardcoded somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Some good news!

These changes are an overlay, so if you make the 10 overlay files transparent you get your old icons back.

Some less good news, this needs it's own custom gui . Easy for people using the default, as you can make your own gui with just the 10 changed images, not so good for anyone using a 3rd-party one unless you want to hack it.

Files to make totally transparent are:

GFX_GUI_ICONTYPEFRAME40_(YELLOW|BLUE|GREEN|RED|WHI TE).png
    GFX_GUI_ICONTYPEFRAME32_(YELLOW|BLUE|GREEN|RED|WHI TE).png

Follow the instructions in the "how to skin AO thread" in Knowledge Database, and you're good to go.

Doesn't put the perk icons back or make the hotbars smaller, I'm investigating whether the size is in XML or hardcoded somewhere.
    thx dude, u saved ao for me )

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    thx dude, u saved ao for me )
    u managed to get this done m8?
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

oO So we have to "patch" AO and fix bad design on our own now... nice!
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by WizMeister3000 View Post
    u managed to get this done m8?
    yeah, standart 18.4 gui without borders
    1. download http://www.anarchyonline.org.ru/GUIGFX_M.zip
    2. unpack 2 files from archive to "Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives"
    3. select new gui in launcher settings =)

both notum and dovve will fix it too i bet )

Once I've found somewhere to host it I'll post a tiny custom gui file for default users that just changes these overlay icons, so you effectively just end up back before the patch. No sign of the hotbar resizing though, I rather suspect that's coded.

Edit: or someone else can do the whole thing instead thanks Sonikeep.

If you have no qualms fiddling with gui files yourself ( which isn't as hard as you'd think ), you could just patch the 10 files into dovvetech or whatever custom gui you use yourself, it's basically just unpack-copy-repack with one of the existing tools to do it.
    Last edited by Kari; Nov 20th, 2010 at 17:41:08.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast