Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Another thing about comments on Auno is that at least 50% of it is just trolling, or outdated so they are often quite worthless.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I noticed that the QL is missing from the main nano listing page on Xyphos and your site as well.
    This!

I assume the technical reason for this is that the Nano Crystals are totally different items compared to the Nano Effects. The former have a QL, the latter don't.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

This looks really promising. Can"t wait to see final product. Hopefuly you will implement more detailed search with proper filters, similar to what Auno has.

Really liking this. I do wish to see all the sweet NT-nanos! Been so long since I've cradled them.

I miss them!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Another thing about comments on Auno is that at least 50% of it is just trolling, or outdated so they are often quite worthless.
    +1, although I'd up that to maybe 90%.

Xyphos got pretty far in replacing some of the more useful info on his site. Maybe there's some way to scrape all the comments, put them in some sort of publicly available task list where you can crowdsource sorting through them and re-posting condensed versions of only the useful ones?
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

AOItems were updated today!

This update contains several bug fixes and some new features. Highlighted features:
    - NanoModule now displays quality level of associated nano crystal
    - HelpStore now has a clickable link on the item name in store content on the website, for easier inspection of those items

For full list of changes, see changelog in first post in this thread.
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 9th, 2013 at 07:49:26.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    - NanoModule now displays quality level of associated nano crystal

Wooot!
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Looks like it's shaping up nicely I miss Auno and if the useful comments could be garnered (and the general tools replicated) from Auno then I'd prefer AOItems to Xyphos for sure.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

AOItems have been updated once again!

This update includes many bug and layout fixes, and the following highlighted changes:
    • Widgets have been reordered so that more important information is further up on the widgets bar.
    • AouWidget have been replaced with RelatedLinksWidget.
    • RelatedLinksWidget displays relevant content from AOU, AOWiki, AOTradeskills and AOVault.
    • RelatedLinksWidget now also looks for links related to a nano programs nano crystal(s)
    • Some example items:

The full patch notes are in the original post in this thread.

PS: If there are any other community resources which have guides or information about what items are used for (tradeskills, quests etc), please let me know so I can add them to my crawler.
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 13th, 2013 at 21:28:45.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Wow... That's some amazing work you're doing there. Thanks !
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Nice on the related links.

Is there any way to make the interpolate slider not require a page reload (e.g., Xyphos)?

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Nice on the related links.

Is there any way to make the interpolate slider not require a page reload (e.g., Xyphos)?
    I really did want to implement that, but then I discovered it would require twice the effort on getting interpolation right, since both the server-side code and the client-side javascript would have to be kept up to date on changes as necessary. It would also complicate the page templates and on-server interpolation quite a bit.

I might implement something like this further down the road, but I'm not making any promises.
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 14th, 2013 at 14:29:31.

The basics are looking nice, it'll be good to have a functioning and updated item site again.

In terms of things to add, I guess a more sophisticated search system would be my #1. Auno's was always good (I only used mainframe for weapon searches as it could search on damage too), and I think Xyphos had more or less copied Auno. So no need to reinvent the wheel in terms of the UI and functionality

I can survive without a no-reloading slider as there is a perfectly good text box too (It'd be a nice-to-have, but I'd rather we got full search first!)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    While you are correct, those comments are what keeps me using Auno's Item DB over other options so far, when I want to look up some item.

When I want to find out how and where to get some item, I choose Auno as the first place to find out and it rarely lets me down, regardless of how much trolling, useless and outdated comments there may be.

The most important questions usually asked in comments are always:
    1. Where does it drop
    2. How do you make it (what else is needed)
    3. What quality level ranges have these dropped in

Information given in comments that are actually usefull:
    1. Recharge/cap times on specials (what skill is needed to cap it)
    2. If the item is actually usefull
    3. Incase of creation items, the link to the item it creates

If those would be implemented as already given information ud have the golden egg amongst databases, but its a tough job to implement most of it. Except that recharge/cap times could be easily handed by adding a special specific calculator on the page or maybe easier a link to the special specific calculator on the website
    And the creation item thingie can just link to the specific item thats is linked to casting it
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    The basics are looking nice, it'll be good to have a functioning and updated item site again.

In terms of things to add, I guess a more sophisticated search system would be my #1. Auno's was always good (I only used mainframe for weapon searches as it could search on damage too), and I think Xyphos had more or less copied Auno. So no need to reinvent the wheel in terms of the UI and functionality

I can survive without a no-reloading slider as there is a perfectly good text box too (It'd be a nice-to-have, but I'd rather we got full search first!)
    A proper search feature is indeed on the todo list. I have drafted some implementations, but I haven't decided quite how to implement it yet. I'll get there, and will definitely let you guys know when it's ready for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    The most important questions usually asked in comments are always:
    1. Where does it drop
    2. How do you make it (what else is needed)
    3. What quality level ranges have these dropped in

Information given in comments that are actually usefull:
    1. Recharge/cap times on specials (what skill is needed to cap it)
    2. If the item is actually usefull
    3. Incase of creation items, the link to the item it creates

If those would be implemented as already given information ud have the golden egg amongst databases, but its a tough job to implement most of it. Except that recharge/cap times could be easily handed by adding a special specific calculator on the page or maybe easier a link to the special specific calculator on the website
    And the creation item thingie can just link to the specific item thats is linked to casting it
    Where stuff drops from (and QL ranges?) and how to make it should be covered with the links to AO-Universe and AOWiki. I have drafted some ideas on how to store tradeskill information, but this is a project for further down the road. If there's missing information, please submit your input to AO-Universe, or add stuff to AOWiki - everyone would benefit!

Recharge/cap times: Should already be covered for weapons, and the relevant stats (including cooldowns) are already displayed for nanos and weapons. If these are missing some information, please let me know so I can add it!

Creation items, self-leveling items (such as tier armor or morphing memory) already link to the spawned item. Nanos also link back to what other items cast them. example

I'm also going to add info about which NPC shops sell the item you're looking at. I have this data, as seen when querying itemsbot, but I haven't gotten around to implementing it for AOItems yet.

Comments may be superior for indicating which items are useful. But, again, I must recommend that people post more to AOWiki or submit tips/articles to AO-Universe when they have information not already covered by either of these. This gives the benefit of consolidating resources, and AOItems will generally link back to such articles from relevant items within two weeks.
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 23rd, 2013 at 21:48:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    A proper search feature is indeed on the todo list. I have drafted some implementations, but I haven't decided quite how to implement it yet. I'll get there, and will definitely let you guys know when it's ready for testing.
    Yes please! Now that xyphos is about to go down, I will be missing an easily searchable items database for items, nanos, perks, etc that affect a specific ability/skill. Comes in very useful when twinking stuff on
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Yes please! Now that xyphos is about to go down, I will be missing an easily searchable items database for items, nanos, perks, etc that affect a specific ability/skill. Comes in very useful when twinking stuff on
    Auno has had that since the beginning. Quite simple really.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Auno has had that since the beginning. Quite simple really.
    It does have it but it doesn't work very well. I never know if the results returned are the full list or a subset, even if i click on Show All

Eg. I do a search on auno for everything that affects intelligence and click on ShowAll at the bottom to return "everything". In the wep category i don't see pillows or low ql OET pistols, nothing that buffs below 12 int. Not sure why it cuts off there, but it does. That's not right. This is stuff i know that is missing. If i was looking for stuff I didn't know about, hence an item search, how would i know if it's not there? Kinda defeats the purpose. So no, not really that simple.
    Last edited by cybertron; Sep 24th, 2013 at 07:15:17.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    It does have it but it doesn't work very well. I never know if the results returned are the full list or a subset, even if i click on Show All

Eg. I do a search on auno for everything that affects intelligence and click on ShowAll at the bottom to return "everything". In the wep category i don't see pillows or low ql OET pistols, nothing that buffs below 12 int. Not sure why it cuts off there, but it does. That's not right. This is stuff i know that is missing. If i was looking for stuff I didn't know about, hence an item search, how would i know if it's not there? Kinda defeats the purpose. So no, not really that simple.
    To avoid that issue I usually restrict my searches to either of armor, weapon, nano and so on.
    If armor, I restrict the search further to head, left arm..... and so on.

Not only will I see a complete list, but it is also (IMHO) a lot easier to see what I can use for each spot as I go through the options.

If for example I want to twink an Atrox Soldier, I'm not interested in seeing stuff that only Opifex and/or MP's can use.

Like this.
    Head armor that an Atrox Soldier can use to twink Intelligence.

EDIT:
    Don't use "Show All", always use "Next"

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast