Thread: Vista AO/Prefs Folder

Vista AO/Prefs Folder

I didnt read the faq's about installing AO in Vista untill obvoiusly I started having what seemed to be a minor issue.

the faq doesnt say exactly what symptoms occure if installed and left in the default directory but my issue is that i cant find my prefs folder, i was just viewing my character folder in prefs yesterday but cant find it today... I have done a search for prefs, account, name, and my toon ID's and cant seem to find the folder but AO must be communicating with it because AO is holding my setting.

So I copied the funcom dir and pasted it to the C:\ directory tried to run but no settings were saved, i then viewed the new prefs folder and i did find my account directory as normal.

So now I am hoping someone can hellp me find this "ghost" prefs folder that my default AO directory is using, its there somewhere....

I think the previous Prefs folder (if the game managed to create one at all) from the time the game was in " Program Files" should be tucked away somewhere deep in "Documents and Settings", in the folder for the OS user account name you have played the game with.
    The folder may also be marked as hidden/system and/or protected otherwise from accessing, or even just seeing, it so you may have to change some OS settings in order to make it visible.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Your prefs are stored in:

c:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\virtualstore\p rogram files\funcom\anarchy online\

You need to make hidden files visible in order to see the directory.
    Last edited by cbus97; Dec 21st, 2009 at 15:19:54.

sweet i found it and transfered it to new directory and everything works great so far

thanks for the help

This thread really should be stickied or merged with Solving common installation/patching issues, especially on Vista.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™