Thread: Problems with pets in apf 42

Problems with pets in apf 42

On each of the major sector 42 raid attempts on Rimor this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, pet users lost the ability to control their pets for an extended period of time (about 15-20 minutes). Even once they regained the ability to control pets, the behavior was patchy, and pets wouldn't respond occasionally for the next 45 minutes, until we left the sector.

I know at least one pet user who recast pets, and was still unable to command them.

These were the 4th and 5th major raids on the sector (where there were 80+ people) and in the first 3, pet owners never had problems. I wrote the problems on Saturday off to server issues or generic AO lag/inability to deal with crowds (see how well they have trained us to ignore things?) but after the exact same problem on Sunday, I think something must have gotten borked in the last patch.

Have other pet owners seen problems in other 42 raids, or outside of 42?

We did raid at sunday just before Kev raid
    I've cancelled pets half-raid.
    Must say it was incredibly laggy for 24-men group.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

So far ive managed to make 3 out of 5 raids. The first 2 (before patch) the pets worked flawlessly, if not better than any other 80~ person raid ive attended. The third raid was the one last saturday. I was part of the ?east? force (28 loot) The pets stopped about 20mins into the raid. It was after we entered the large center area, we were fighting our wat round the canyon wall anti-clockwise and has just reached the path we needed to take when the raid force slowed to a stop. It was during this stop that we got quite a few adds and the bots mysteriously stopped and ignored commands.
    Spamming the attack command only gave the "I will not attack myself" message. All other commands were inoperable.

A few of the other pet users regained control on and off but i didnt regain any. I finally fenced mine and recast. The recast bots worked fine. At this point we were in the generals arena. Had no problems after this.

Personally i think one of the sector mobs has been copied from an anakari general or has been given the pet control nano they have. As this problem is almsot identical to that already covered in the engi forums

/Sillanto 216/20 Engi

using 213 Slayer, 215 dog (fully buffed with everythign except the snare aura)

Quote Originally Posted by Sillanto View Post

Personally i think one of the sector mobs has been copied from an anakari general or has been given the pet control nano they have. As this problem is almsot identical to that already covered in the engi forums

/Sillanto 216/20 Engi

using 213 Slayer, 215 dog (fully buffed with everythign except the snare aura)
    Wonder if larva or vectors are considered a pet of one of the mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Wonder if larva or vectors are considered a pet of one of the mobs?
    Well, they give axp and larva can spawn from you even after mob that spawn it already dead. Vectors are clearly mobs that are on their own.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Had no different experiance with pets at sector 42 that any other crowded area, that be APF, Pande or Towerwars, and it seems to me it depends on how many mob/players there is in the area.

On saturdays raid pet was responding in the beginning, although slow with 1-2 sec lag, once we got deeper in it and the bugs arrived, the bot would not attack it self, there there was some repopping and the bot stopped responding alltogether. At some point we got fre of the repops and there where less mobs and pet started to respond to commands, untill when we reached the fence it stopped again. Once in the tower area it was OK, but at that point it was already fighting something so I was not issueing commands dono if it would have listend when the adds arrived.

This is pretty normal behaviour for my Corporate Guardian, at APF with more than 35 players I dont even bother use the bot because it just follow you arround and do nothing, only place where it do something is at sector 35 where ppl are more spread out, also the only place where its worth to charm a mob.

Same in Pande, 35-40 ppl is max, more than that and it doesnt work

TL7 towerwars you can be lucky and the pet attack an enemy or a tower, but when it dies you cant control it and it starts to attack random flagged ppl and you have no chance in stopping it, no commands works and cant terminate it, only thing to do is to have someone kill it.
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible