Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 8th, 2009

GL with the DB update Means & yay for /facepalm, ty!

BTW, can we get some updated info on www.anarchy-online.com please? The latest news is:

Funcom and US Conventions!·:.· :. .· .
    Funcom is pleased to announce that we will have a presence at both Dragoncon and PAX
    more »
    Is looking a little old for prospective visitors etc.

Cheers, have a good weekend all
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post
    GL with the DB update Means & yay for /facepalm, ty!

BTW, can we get some updated info on www.anarchy-online.com please? The latest news is:

Is looking a little old for prospective visitors etc.

Cheers, have a good weekend all
    Yeah, AO website needs an overhaul, speaking of which, Means please check this thread, I think you would be interested in perhaps taking a read and maybe comment on it.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by vadagget View Post
    They just gave a new full IPR a month or so ago, should be a few years before we see another, going by history.
    i can't remember which one but means did say an IPR was coming because of the profession reblanacing, iirc, but did'nt say if that would be givin at the start of the re balancing or after they're all done.

they're gonna do it in series small steps not one huge rebalanced so i assume it will be after everything is done but i need confirmation.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

What ppl may not realize, is this is a perfect example, (and an awesome assurance), how AO will be around for a few more years. Wether it was intentional or not, ty Means.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    What ppl may not realize, is this is a perfect example, (and an awesome assurance), how AO will be around for a few more years. Wether it was intentional or not, ty Means.
    Keep the faith, man
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    What is a guild? This is the future dammit, we have Orgs 'round these parts... I am saddened and ashamed the GD just called them guilds.
    We ARE eager to address the perceived issues with all professions. This was not about class balance but making the last LOX instance work remotely as it should.
    "Class" lol. Soon he'll be talking about mana, spells and stuff. Wonder what game he's playing...
    Last edited by biohazardep; May 8th, 2009 at 22:05:13.

Quote Originally Posted by biohazardep View Post
    "Class" lol. Soon he'll be talking about mana, spells and stuff. Wonder what game he's playing...
    Well I know what game he's NOT playing

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post

BTW, can we get some updated info on www.anarchy-online.com please?
    Bump for this, 3 months is way too long for no home page updates, makes it look like the game is not running or that you cannot be bothered. We need more players to come back and this just looks like it's not running.

Tali.

Funcom employee Busted!

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    What is a guild? This is the future dammit, we have Orgs 'round these parts... I am saddened and ashamed the GD just called them guilds.
    /facepalm

See? That one is coming in handy already.

Part of the hazard of being in game design is you tend to use the "standard" words (rather than the right ones) for in-game concepts. Class and Guild are pretty standard in the industry now and have been for a long long time. If I speak with other designers and use "org" and "profession" they generally have no idea what I am talking about.

That being said you are absolutely right. Shamefull. I'll try not to let it happen again.

ps. Nobody was going to notice...I was going to totally get away with that one...but NOOO you had to go and spoil it. Thus:

Dirty Underpants of Bungerman

Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

I love the little opportunities to be creative that come along on a daily basis.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

How big will the new resource database be? I hope you go overboard and get like 10-20gb because you never know how long AO will last now.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by biohazardep View Post
    I did play "that" game...would be dumb not to. I try to play all the new ones as they turn up. All the nanos are called "spells" in all of our development tools...always have.

I do wish I had more time to play...actually I think I'll log on for awhile now.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    How big will the new resource database be? I hope you go overboard and get like 10-20gb because you never know how long AO will last now.
    Pretty much infinitely scaleable...Not making that mistake again.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

so when youre gona make accounts side-locked?

Quote Originally Posted by unback View Post
    so when youre gona make accounts side-locked?
    Wouldn't that technically lock everyone to a neutral?

I must ask when will the loot in LoX instances be bit.... randomized? Getting 15 control waist symbs in row in Vortexx or 10 spirits on every symb in 12 man is not fun. Or the teams are supposed to be made of enfo, doc and 10 shades?

Yeah, upto 999Gb. Who'd ever need more space than that...
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Hey means, odds on getting specific actions bound to keys? For example, being able to somehow connect a nano or perk action to a key other then 1-0?
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Just make it 640k, that should be enough for anyone.
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Save some money, just delete all SL junk drops (jewelry, immortal fungus, etc.) and all rk tradeskill items (except peren and armor items). Who makes that stuff anymore anyway? That should give you some room.

on test already with half my org so ready for when patch comes.............. PS: wtb city for my org there :P

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast