Thread: 1st time solja

1st time solja

Sup everyone,

Got a few questions regarding evades and the AGG/DEF bar:

1) Evades- Do I even bother?
    2) Without evades except NR, should I even bother going full Def? The AGG/DEF bar seems so futile for non- evade classes, esp solja. It's easy to pump out enough ranged init for 1/1 weps, but there's not much of an advantage, nor disadvantage of going full DEF.
    3) Without evades except NR, does AAD imps/symbiants become obsolete? Should I stick with max hp, and HD (esp lvls 150ish+) ?

* Solja is lvl 90 atm. Plan to use him for leveling purpose, the occasional BS, and possibly, a month of s10s (NOT looking for any s10s builds ).
    ** First non-evade class since I butchered my engi long ago.
    220 Crat
    220 Shade
    other crap

1 - Yes
    2 - Yes, as long as you're still 1/1. During leveling I don't personally bother.
    3 - AAD is always useful, testing has shown it's effectively +1 to every evade in most situations. You do want HD at endgame, at least for PvP, and that makes soldier one of the more expensive profs to gear up.

To my knowledge def has an effect on crits taken also. Or taking less crits I should say.

You don;t have to max evades for a while maybe around 150-200 make sure u have evade close maxed for sl and at least 50-75% dodge/duck if u can.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles1k View Post
    Sup everyone,

Got a few questions regarding evades and the AGG/DEF bar:

1) Evades- Do I even bother?
    2) Without evades except NR, should I even bother going full Def? The AGG/DEF bar seems so futile for non- evade classes, esp solja. It's easy to pump out enough ranged init for 1/1 weps, but there's not much of an advantage, nor disadvantage of going full DEF.
    3) Without evades except NR, does AAD imps/symbiants become obsolete? Should I stick with max hp, and HD (esp lvls 150ish+) ?

* Solja is lvl 90 atm. Plan to use him for leveling purpose, the occasional BS, and possibly, a month of s10s (NOT looking for any s10s builds ).
    ** First non-evade class since I butchered my engi long ago.
    1. Yes, evades is always useful.
    2. Always be full def on soldier if you are 1-1 (said above)
    3. It depends. You will always need as much evades as you can, Unless you are going full out on evades.. stick with AR+HP+HD. increase evades when you have the extra IP.. at 220.. max them.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalz View Post
    1. Yes, evades is always useful.
    2. Always be full def on soldier if you are 1-1 (said above)
    3. It depends. You will always need as much evades as you can, Unless you are going full out on evades.. stick with AR+HP+HD. increase evades when you have the extra IP.. at 220.. max them.
    If you wonder how far you can move the Slider use this Tool

http://www.unityoftherose.com/tools/aggdefcalc.htm
    meep

Just leveled another soldier recently to 150 and I kept evade maxed and used aad imps along the way for pvm this worked very well combined with reflects overall damage was way down compared to some random team mates using evade profs it took less damage.
    At 150 in css and aad/evade equip it's still really fun pvm and almost afk farm for relays spam OMHH if you get a few too many and using BBB/Jobe aliens starting falling over pretty quick.
    With a few swaps it's not bad on bs either if you aren't fully twinking you'll still have problems with the usual adv/ma/fixer, that said I find pushing max fa very beneficial in those cases.
    Considering going back to assault rifle to max as and nr.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Just the answers I needed.

Thanks guys
    220 Crat
    220 Shade
    other crap