Thread: 150 pvp ma

150 pvp ma

I'm thinking of making a 150 pvp ma.

Some questions are, does anyone still use sos or sure shot glasses? Worth it?

Ma ofab pants vs cc pants?

Except for goc/igoc (I'm not that rich) any suggestions on other shoulder items.

What is a general good setup and what should I be aiming for?

Support eye vs infantry eye

I know there are threads with setups but most I've found are a few years old. Trying to get a take on newer times.

Any other tips or ideas are welcome

Thanks in advance
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Thor84 View Post
    I'm thinking of making a 150 pvp ma.

Some questions are, does anyone still use sos or sure shot glasses? Worth it?
    Sureshot only if your're swapping, even then it's kinda iffy and more of a cheap PVM item. SoS are great though and should be a heavy consideration, especially if funds are an issue.

Ma ofab pants vs cc pants?
    I feel like at 150 raw AR is the best stat so I'd go with the pants. This is probably more preference tho.

Except for goc/igoc (I'm not that rich) any suggestions on other shoulder items.
    Globe of Sufferance is a very under rated shoulder item provided you can manage to get tara lewt. Other than that you have sided pads and the damage pads from IS/ToTW.

What is a general good setup and what should I be aiming for?
    Shoot for as much AR as possible with a balance in evades, but be mindful of what you can afford. If you can only afford mercs it's fine, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, the most important thing is completing the twink and you being happy with it.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Generally I think what notcrattey has said is ok, but I'd be wary of discarding sureshot glasses.

At level 150 they provide the biggest boost to dodge range and evade close AND phys init in any one slot available.

There is a reason why you won't find a MA twink without them. Ya, sure swapping for bow... fine, but honestly they don't provide the most important stat for a bow swap: Aimed shot, so I disagree with that assumption.

They are more often used for raw evades and init imo. Tl5 can use up to QL 270 I believe.

Armour wise, you're best bet is to go balls to the wall evades, ya AR a bit, but I wouldn't go overboard.

Your best setup will be: sureshot glasses in head slot, Dchest in chest, CC (QL 223 minimum but better with 244 or so in arms/hands) QL 250 ofab pants, Slippers of screaming.

That setup gets you a buttload of evades, and a fair amount of raw MA skill which will be integral in making kills.

In implants, you basically use top level infantry symbs in most slots except LW/LH. Aim for QL 230ish LH with MA/skill lock and fast attack, and a fist of dominator in LW.

If you're serious about PVP, you will need a LA upgrade: aim for a QL 230ish-240ish AAD/strength/MM implant

The rest of the slot you should have a few items to swap around, rings use dalja ring of power (AAO/AAD) and in other slot probably glimmering magnetic ring or ring of defence for TL5.

Wrists you can go arul saba's or sandy goo depending on opponent/situation.

The big consideration that you will need to really fuss over is brain: enduring support brain will get you 100 nano resist, syndicate brain will get you about 27ish MA skill+1 crit.

This will be the most important consideration. My feeling is that the enduring support brain is a better choice overall with NR being such a huge aspect of any decent PVP setup.

Obviously this NR needs to further me reflected in other aspects: IP, morphing memory+Infused viral compiler, a Decent QL RW implant (ideally QL 230ish RS/NR/fire dmg), but alternately you could use a
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=236179
    which is nice for the nano delta as well.
    but the QL 150 infantry one sucks balls so I wouldn't opt for that one.

that's it.

Basically: focus on evades, NR, allowance for AR where possible, make a tough decision in brain imp, put in nice QL implants in key slots, have a few items to swap and have some fun!

Ohya, one more thing:

You'll do fine with swapping purple Hud 3 with green hud 3, but you could really use a gurgling river sprite for very solid all around bonuses for an MA, and, if you are uber hardcore you could even try for a +15% crit scope to swap in for an alpha once you lower an advie's evades with Flower of life for some hard hitting crits.

Thanks for the tips so far. Kinda surprises me, I wasn't expecting the evade route. From what I had seen here and there or heard, AR setup was better at 150 then doing evades. But doing evades is something to consider.

Is nr1 possible?
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Thor84 View Post
    Thanks for the tips so far. Kinda surprises me, I wasn't expecting the evade route. From what I had seen here and there or heard, AR setup was better at 150 then doing evades. But doing evades is something to consider.

Is nr1 possible?
    NR1 may be possible but I doubt you'd be casting UVC without 2 phulaks.

The setup I'm suggesting isn't "AR" or "evade" It's a balance which is the best setup for item per slot.

The best way to tell the benefit per slot is to add the AR and defence offered by an item in that slot, then choose the item that gives the best overall score.

For example, lets take the arm slot:

I suggested a 244 CC arm, this gives 25 points of MA skill, 12 AR, 12 AAD, adding these up I get 37 offense and 12 to defence for a total score of 49 points

Compare that to a QL 250 penultimate OFAB sleeve with 33 dodge range and 12 AAO
    summing these I get a fractional total score of 45. The reason I say fractional is that the defence is only partly contributing to all defences that you might need. Dodge IS important, but so is evade close and duck exp.

In this case the CC sleeve is significantly better offensively, and if you weigh the 33 dodge range against lost evades, you get a pretty paltry score.

Anyway, the setup I proposed is the "best in slot". The only possible exception is Dchest. Some players may argue that a CC chest is more valuable, but, many players do not understand how important inits are on MA's.

At 150 you do not have the IP to produce an effective swapping setup AND have reasonable defence vs all four attack types (evades/dodge/duck/NR) So, you have to decide whether you want to go balls out offensively while leaving huge holes in your defence, or maintain reasonable levels of defence and rely on your primary weapon.

Historically, the latter is the favoured route. Most PVP MA's at 150 will not leave holes in their defence, and instead rely on big, hard hitting crits to provide the majority of their damage. The setup I proposed is the "favoured" setup. it's based on first establishing that you can survive, and then offers sufficient AR, special AR and AAO to ensure that you can land a hit.

In that setup, using moonmist and a QL 200+ flower of life and raidbuffs you should be able to produce brief periods of 2k+ AR, which is easily enough to produce violent damage vs any potential opponent at Tl5.

I guarantee that if you use the setup I mentioned, and practice a bit that you will have no trouble in winning your fair share of fights.

Ok, that makes sense.
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I suggested a 244 CC arm, this gives 25 points of MA skill, 12 AR, 12 AAD, adding these up I get 37 offense and 12 to defence for a total score of 49 points
    QL244 CC will be OE, ql223 is barely out of OE.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    In that setup, using moonmist and a QL 200+ flower of life and raidbuffs you should be able to produce brief periods of 2k+ AR, which is easily enough to produce violent damage vs any potential opponent at Tl5.
    With Moonmist + Pred buff I sit @ ~1800 AR, so with a QL200 Flower that can effectively be 2150 against that target.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

What's the suggested bow to use if one was to go for an AS swap
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

Superior Sapphistic Bow for steady and "fast" cycling AS.
    Superior Pow Bow for larger opening or closing AS's, but slower cycle.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP