Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - August 27th, 2010: (re)Balancing Act

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    in that case: why is there no new video of the new engine yet?

(know u won't answer, but i couldn't resist =))
    Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Because they have no one in house to produce game vids at the moment and Means doesn't want to do it himself.

Maybe he shouldn't have flapped his gums about getting us a vid then!
    We're working on it, that I can tell you ;]
    Last edited by cube; Aug 27th, 2010 at 20:50:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Work there has been slowed down a bit by both the changes we've been working on to the Enforcer document but also the work happening for the next profession in the pipeline: Bureaucrats. Genele's already started in on their nano document and we should have that out for the Professionals late next week as well (barring any disasters) with a public release shortly there-after.
    For crying out loud, throw us MPs a bone already (documentation pretty plx) and stop paying so much attention to most recent love child profs.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    For crying out loud, throw us MPs a bone already (documentation pretty plx) and stop paying so much attention to most recent love child profs.
    Hai Klod! Your money is not better than mine - are you even paying atm?
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Many cookies to Darkbane for starting up this initiative tracking down and eliminating geometry issues and those darn floating trees!

Linde
    But, floating trees are as much a part of AO as atroxes in thongs!

WTB new agent hologram: floating tree.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

A reasonable nano documentation for enforcers. As bit has said the nanocosts will have to be checked, but until we know how nano pool situations will be in the future it will do little benefit for us.

Finally team absorbs in addition to more efficient single absorbs.

Mongo gives us a heal instead of a HoT now, but the cost has been increased to reflect this. No trox would be able to "chain-cast" for that much cost so any nano nerfs in the future would make it better to rely on absorbs. I still do not like having our only heal tied into an area taunt, but if we have to think before using it I suppose it is ok.

I like the DoT addition to the element lines, but recheck radiation with the others as the MM reqs for the DoT effect vary. Also, 1600+ MM might be a bit steep but that may be your intended level. The damage increase is about 5600 DPM, which will not pull us out from the bottom levels of DPM (140-180k compared to 300-350k+ for DD professions).

Froobs recieve the health benefit they lost from mongo so even the froobs are not forgotten.

Fears will no longer be a PVM tool with that lockout, but I guess that is ok since we could hardly use it alone anyways. I can name a great number of places enforcers benefitted from it, but I'd rather not unless you can at least increase pvm duration to a reasonable level (30 seconds).

For all those "Enforcer's QQ so much to avoid nerfing their OPness!!11!!1", I await your nerfs with a bowl of popcorn. The majority of nerfs from this doc affected enforcer PVM solo capabilities, not pvp, which is an area none of you can justify enforcers are OP in. If they actually screw up like they did for enforcers though, I'll help you cry
    Last edited by Gatester; Aug 27th, 2010 at 23:31:07.

Fear need a new mechanic to check if the mob can be feared, an hard coded psychic value doesn't cut it.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Little personal addition to the "thank you" for contributing to the geometry bug hunting on the tool: I just checked with Dagget (so Kintaii couldn't know), and he got help from Techna (Tir and DAV) and Daikari (DAV). So thanks to both. More work for j00 soon...
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

im quite disspleased at that when upgrading the absorbs to a functional lvl again.
    well to current status tbh (increase with 30%) wich was the loss we had in the last documents our healing gets a massive nerf instead. (NM enforcer will be the way to play as enf in the rebalance btw with those nano costs).

and the proc dot on the element nanos is quite lol tbhm while its defenately a boost it realy doesnt do that much dmg and it requires us to keep another nano running constantly wich takes time away from taunting, absorbing, healing, challanging or raging and i forgott to check the nano cost on it.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    If you fail to [Do something] with the [Green something] you're screwed, if you're a nano user and fail to [Do something] with the [Blue something] you're screwed?
    Nah, I've had enough colour coding for now. ;P These will be a bit more straight-forward, but interesting none-the-less.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

In further rebalancing news we still don't have the nemesis nano changes quite ready for public viewing yet, but they should be going up for the Professionals early next week - Work there has been slowed down a bit by both the changes we've been working on to the Enforcer document but also the work happening for the next profession in the pipeline: Bureaucrats.
    Delays are sooo much easier to digest when a reason is given. Thank you for your frankness!

knew he wouldn't answer the engine question =)

but anyway, i never cared about gfx as much, but since i saw the ingame previews of guild wars 2, i got wet dreams about it... what does that have to do with each other? simple... if the next generation of mmorpgs with that kind of gfx comes, it will be way to late to update AO to a level far beyond it to attract ppl.

i kinda would like AO to keep on running for a few more years, but the engine too late + scaring ppl away "balancing" the game doesn't make me feel comfortable about that.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    But, floating trees are as much a part of AO as atroxes in thongs!

WTB new agent hologram: floating tree.
    The advy tree morph should enable flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Hai Klod! Your money is not better than mine - are you even paying atm?
    If you arn't paying I would like to know how you are able to post in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by majere View Post
    If you arn't paying I would like to know how you are able to post in the forums.
    You can post on the forums with a frozen account.
    That good enough explenation?
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    Fear need a new mechanic to check if the mob can be feared, an hard coded psychic value doesn't cut it.
    Fear is useless in PvM as per this document. No need to think about irrelevant details until further notice.

Posting with an inactive account has been working just fine for years. Probably ever since if you have been paying for a while.. go try it.
    ಠ_ಠ

I'm actually happy FC took the time to look at all the feedback and re-address issues that might have put a profession in jeopardy.

It might look like QQers are winning, but it's not. The game is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I'm actually happy FC took the time to look at all the feedback and re-address issues that might have put a profession in jeopardy.

It might look like QQers are winning, but it's not. The game is winning.
    I'm fairly confident that it was the QQers that got the revised enfo doc. Otherwise, the rest of the already-released docs would have revised copies too.

Also - froobs can post so you no longer need to pay just for forum access.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Hai Klod! Your money is not better than mine
    It depends (EUR Vs USD). Unless you are also situated in/close to EU.

- are you even paying atm?
    No, but I just might in the near future.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    You can post on the forums with a frozen account.
    That good enough explenation?
    Some can, some can not. Personally I use my froob account in the forums anyway regardless of the status of my paid accounts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast