View Poll Results: Why did you start your trader?

Voters
561. You may not vote on this poll
  • PvP

139 24.78%
  • Tradeskills

74 13.19%
  • To wrangle people

82 14.62%
  • No special reason except Trader at startup looked cool

85 15.15%
  • I don't remember

28 4.99%
  • To annoy people.

91 16.22%
  • Sell stuff to Trader shop.

62 11.05%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Why did u start ure trader?

Poll: Why did u start ure trader?

U are allowed to pick more than one number.

1: PvP.
    2: Tradeskills.
    3: To wrangle people.
    4: No special reason except that the info about a trader seemed interesting at the character-creation.
    5: I dont remember.
    6: To piss people off (suggested by Bungalokelly)

(Im number 3. Thats why my name is Wrangeline.)
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 24th, 2003 at 01:41:12.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

#1 baby- cept i SUCK atm.. btw,,for all you pvp gods, how many drains do u use in a fight? I use 2 deprives\ranskas of higher ql as as i step up but it seems to take awhile to do..any sugg?

Thats a different thread, Ratty
    Veteran of Equilibrium

1 and 3, although I do get tired of 10 tells a min "can you do me a favor, hit me with a 132" /r i quess so come to north park
    Remember the Alamo!

Current Gear

Future Gear

[Hells Heroes] Thaset : You and I long to live like wind upon the water. If we close our eyes, we'll maybe realize there's more to life than what we have known. And I can't believe I've spent so long living lies I knew were wrong inside, I've just begun to see the light.

Isn't that so sweet

I'm gunna have to go with (the un-added) Option #6, to piss people off.
    Peek-a-boo I see you.

lol, adding that one then
    Veteran of Equilibrium

LOL yes I must add 6 to my reasons as well (every hateful tell I get from a clanner makes me laugh)
    Remember the Alamo!

Current Gear

Future Gear

[Hells Heroes] Thaset : You and I long to live like wind upon the water. If we close our eyes, we'll maybe realize there's more to life than what we have known. And I can't believe I've spent so long living lies I knew were wrong inside, I've just begun to see the light.

Isn't that so sweet

For my trader, I'm tempted to say 'none of the above', but I have to admit to a partial #3. My reason is the Trader is the best all-rounder in the game. With heals (yeah yeah, I know), calms and roots, almost decent tanking ability, and being able to equip weapons our contemporaries in other prof's can only dream about, traders are capable of filling many different holes in a good team's composition, if not all at one time. Traders may not be the masters of anything but OE, but damn, they ARE good at a lot of stuff. Charms not included.
    This is only my opinion of course, but I'm entitled to it.

BattleFalcon, Unit Commander of Desert Winds
    Bandasje, first ever neutral TL6 doctor, any server.

Started for #2 - but discovering how fun it is... decided I didn't want tradeskills and am just focusing on having a good time.

~Xbel/Benale

I created my trader because of tradeskills mainly and because it "sounded" like a team really wanted/needed them in a group. My trader has been though it all and looking back I have no idea why I didn't just create another character, but oh well
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

I became a Trader partly because of Number 4. I liked the idea that Traders are moneymakers.

Of course, I'm not a very good Trader, apparently, because I'm broke all the time.

Hehe I know the feeling. Got 171k atm
    Veteran of Equilibrium

400k for a wrangle? damn need to get me some of that....
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

I never get paid for wrangles and I dont ask anymore. I wrangle them and they say "ty" and run off. If I say "132? 100k plz ", they go "wtf are u smoking?".

I miss the good old days

Wrangeling 5 people at once and getting 500k pr person lol.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 24th, 2003 at 05:04:08.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

1. Fun , or maybe more skill needed? Not really skill but compared to other classes there is more to do when fighting so keeps you busy.

2. Wrangle for money or wrangles just so I have a good buff to offer people.

3. PvP

4. Tradeskills

5. Calms!

6. Roots!

Overall just because its a fun class to play. I know lots of high levels don't really like their traders too much from reading boards but the boards always focus on negatives so I'm happy to level my guy up and either enjoy it all the way to 200 or find out they do indeed suck. Even so I'll still have tradeskills to keep me busy

Option #7 for me - my main is an NT and got sick of traders in Tower fights. I wanted to see it what it was like from the other side :-)
    Squad Commander Skornik NT Immortal Ascension - Rimor
    Kristyl Trader

"Have I already mentioned I want a Gaily Painted Hood? - oh I did - a hundred times..."

o_O

to crush my enemies... to see them driven before me... to hear the lamentation of the women...

Verymetal searches Google for the 'lamentating women' sound pak

Vim "Verymetal" Fuego
    Fun Loving Mercenary, Rabid Outlaw, Crude Noisemaker
    Working for Lady K, The Clans, The Cash, FREEDOM!

ANCARIM IRON LEGION

8) because it's the profession that with a lot of thought and planning at low levels you can twink like a mad twinkly thing. And I had just come into a lot of money.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Because Grimne/Beer told me it was the most Uber profession. I wish it still was that. I really had no clue what Uber even meant at that time, I just followed his advice.

My main (and first character) just went 1 year callendar time :-)
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

#4 (I always wrangle for free and my trader has only had one PvP fight).

Once I realised what a trader could do I had to try one. It was the realisation that your performance was directly related to your skill, luck and judgement (OK this was mainly true pre dhp nerf when trying to be combined team healer and mezzer while doing a mission you needed to keep drains running at a high level in order to supply the healing the team needed. Mess up and they died. No other profession had the same combination of being able to achieve *a lot* IF you were lucky and skilled.

My trader was within a few levels of becoming my main when dhp was nerfed, now she's just a fun alt I play when I'm in the mood, its not the same for me.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast