Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For fun - Project Newbie

For fun - Project Newbie

************************************************** ***************************

Currently on an AO break. Not sure when I return but this project will be my first priority when I return.

************************************************** ***************************

As I see more and more players saying that it's impossible to gain credits as a new player I feel a need of proving them wrong. While my simulation of such a scenario wouldn't be accurate due to years of knowledge about the game it could provide help for some lost new players.

It's not an original idea, it has been done and I just want to do it again.

I would have to record the whole thing (and most likely cut it down to important parts).

The rules are as such:
    - Expansion account.
    - Not allowed to use veteran points, paid points or phasefront points.
    - No buffing or using my other characters for any form of help, I may also not contact any friend I already have in the game while on that character to ask for help with anything (outside of chatting to aid me in my quest for grinding).
    - I may not join any organisation that I am currently in.
    - Neutral until 50. (I would obviously want to join Omni-Tek eventually, but I guess whatever side treats me the best).
    - Character name will not be shared until I have joined a side.
    - To preferably record the whole experience and share it.
    - No ClickSaver

Goals:
    - To provide an educational experience for new players. And maybe increase my list of friends.
    - To have fun!

But I also need the help of the community! I want you guys to decide what breed and what profession I should play. So go ahead and slaughter me with your combinations of possible professions and breeds. The one with the most votes (if any) will be the route I'll go.

I reserve any right to go for a cookie cutter setup for said profession.

Votes so far:
    Nanomage Shade : 1
    Nanomage Soldier : 1
    Atrox Doctor : 1
    Opifex Adventurer : 1
    Solitus Adventurer : 2
    Nanomage Agent : 1
    Atrox MP : 1
    Undefined Adventurer : 2
    Undefined Fixer : 1
    Nanomage Fixer : 1
    Atrox NT : 1
    Nanomage MP : 1
    Undefined MA : 1
    Nanomage Keeper : 2
    Nanomage Enforcer : 1
    Last edited by Rurounin; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 12:24:00. Reason: Hiathus
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

ranged nanomage shade

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    ranged nanomage shade
    Nanomage shade noted.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg

Nanomage Melee Energy Soldier...

More seriously:
    As you said yourself. with all your knowledge about AO you know when and where you can farm for some, more or less, decent amount of creds. Would be more of a challenge, to find a complete noob to AO, team up and let him decide where to get some creds from.

Gonna be tough to find a complete noob these days tho

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Atox Doc (good luck farming credits )
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

all ip spent only on swimming /map nap/parry/ripost/ till level ??? ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    As you said yourself. with all your knowledge about AO you know when and where you can farm for some, more or less, decent amount of creds. Would be more of a challenge, to find a complete noob to AO, team up and let him decide where to get some creds from.

Gonna be tough to find a complete noob these days tho
    Indeed. I do plan on posting my progress though, so hopefully some new player sees it and notices that it's not all that bad once you know the locations ^^

Rafeg

Opi Adv - might as well play a classic newbie combo.

Human Adv ... a dedication to my original toon =D!!!

Good luck, sounds kind of fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainfall View Post
    Opi Adv - might as well play a classic newbie combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanjoe623 View Post
    Human Adv ... a dedication to my original toon =D!!!

Good luck, sounds kind of fun lol.
    Both noted!

Rafeg

My vote is for a Nanomage Agent.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I think you'll be in for a surprise...

There's a huge difference between playing the game for fun, and using the most efficient ways and shortcuts for the sole purpose of grinding the most credits in the shortest amount of time. Guess which of the two you will be doing about 90% of the time...

Also, I'd add one more rule: no clicksaver.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    I think you'll be in for a surprise...

There's a huge difference between playing the game for fun, and using the most efficient ways and shortcuts for the sole purpose of grinding the most credits in the shortest amount of time. Guess which of the two you will be doing about 90% of the time...

Also, I'd add one more rule: no clicksaver.
    The purpose of this is not to gain as much credits as possible, it's to show that you can gain credits while levling. I also hope to show alternatives to both gear and the regular levling spots while doing so. But my primary goal is to have fun while doing so

Rule has been added. Feel free to suggest a breed and profession as well :P

Rafeg

Atrox MP/MA

Good luck That was my first ever toon I ended up re rolling.. My friend suggested a Atrox MP with IP in MA as well.. I think I got to level 70 before I gave up and re-rolled.

Ranged adv - would be intressting to see when/how you get your CDR's
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    Ranged adv - would be intressting to see when/how you get your CDR's
    I would most likely make it ranged if it was an advy, but I need a breed to go with as well :P

Rafeg

Fixer. Blitz nanos. Edit: No clicksaver. I guess you want the full noob experience. No clicksaver is blasphemous.

Also, full double sets of social armour can be gotten by pretty much anyone. Big money there too, if you don't mind the numbing level of repetitiveness.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

nanomage fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    Fixer. Blitz nanos. Edit: No clicksaver. I guess you want the full noob experience. No clicksaver is blasphemous.

Also, full double sets of social armour can be gotten by pretty much anyone. Big money there too, if you don't mind the numbing level of repetitiveness.
    I'll most likely skip the Basic Armor as well, I'm not very found of farming those ^^ Any breed for the fixer?

Rafeg

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    nanomage fixer
    It lives! I see your DodgeRng is still working for you Lazy
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast