Thread: Returning player looking for some people to play with

Returning player looking for some people to play with

I have a 137 agent (drizin) that I used to main and a 130 NT (dirzid) Those are my 2 highest toons right now. Any advice on which one I should main would be appreciated.

I've read other returning play threads and have taken some advice from them already. I really would like to have someone ingame to ask questions/play with. So if you can send me a tell ingame if you are willing to help me relearn the game that would be awesome.

your best bet is to review the org recruitment posts, and find an org to join.

That way you'll have people close by who you can bounce stuff off. for your level, there's not much to 're-learn', basically, there's only Dark ruins which are new, which offer some half decent levelling gear.

both agent and NT are sort of 'periphery' profs that don't have a very solid teaming demand, compared to say, enforcer/doc/crat/soldier say, but NT can do very very good damage, and agent can do fairly good damage, but most people assume agents do crap damage because so few agents know how to play and maximize their output.

NT might be your best bet, but you'll need to train hard to get good at it, as it's a slightly more difficult playstyle (solo) than some other classes. your best bet is to try to join some teams in Elysium to bang on some hecks, maybe join a froob team for Inner Sanctum, and join some teams for elite dailies to smugglers den (mantis den) and you might pick up some tips, and meet some people who are in the same level range as you.

Join an org. Preferably one with some newer players, or with players who enjoy rolling alts, so you have someone to play with in your levelrange.

(Come to think of it, all AO players enjoy rolling lots of alts. So: join an org)
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Agents are only good in pvp (if you twink it well and have tons of credits)
    NT's are usefull as kiters and can earn quite a lot of credits by doing so.
    Good NTs are fun to play even at 220 but quite difficult and demanding prof.

I do not want to disscourage you but I would seriously consider using NT as kiter to earn some credits and roll new character which can be more usefull for pvm content like Enf, Sold, Crat, Doc, etc.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

NT's are a brilliant choice for a first prof , most people think MA is best but that's rubbish.
    First of all an NT, if paid doesn't require weapons, only nanos.
    Your symbiants are of the 'extermination' group ( The cheapest ).
    Your endgame armor is a mixture of combined scout and various nodrop armors like Jathos/Kegern.
    all pretty cheap.

It was my first prof and I never regretted it, albeit I used to have problems with getting teams Pre-Detonation Matrix but that was a long-long time ago.
    These days NT's are in the upper echelon of DPS, so you should be able to get into teams no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I do not want to disscourage you but I would seriously consider using NT as kiter to earn some credits and roll new character which can be more usefull for pvm content like Enf, Sold, Crat, Doc, etc.
    useful? all profs are useful man, just some people are ignorant and don't realize it.

My favourite prof of all time is Trader.
    It's really the ultimate support class, can heal, buff, de-buff, increase team damage, increase team nano, etc etc.

The key is to make friends in game, friends who don't care what prof you play, who'll invite you to team/raid.

If you're on clan-side, i'd strongly recommend checking out the org Athen Paladins.
    check out the recruitment forums for more info
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

What Ansehx said. NTs are great and by far the cheapest profession. At TL7 atleast where they really come into their own, might struggle a bit at lower levels though.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician