Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can omni wear sentinels replica armor?

Sadly Kintaii already more or less confirmed they don't give a damn about any RP aspects of the game when it comes to these armor sets. So they are probably here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Sadly Kintaii already more or less confirmed they don't give a damn about any RP aspects of the game when it comes to these armor sets. So they are probably here to stay.

Anything for a buck!

"Two for five, they got garbage down the way"
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Can always rewrite it...or is that against the customer rules? Reimburse the PP :P
    Last edited by Lletah; Nov 17th, 2010 at 21:06:06.

I just sold one of these discs for quite a few millions the other day...someone's going to be feeling burned. ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    A Clan running around in "Omni only" suit, posting the picture all over the forums, is by far the best way to cast some light on the issue.
    "
    Sorry, but from what you are doing, all i can see here is: "Oh common, this is so wrong, clan should not run around wearing omni suit, you should nerf it asap!... (now when i got it)"
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Tier armor is the new must have social

Only thing left that will say u PLAY ur toon instead of PAY it.

But however, i do agree some of those replica armors had some special value before this patch. They dont have any value anymore. Sad.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Bump
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure buying the item is not the best way to protest the item. From Funcom's point of view it's just a transaction, one made on the day of release--no doubt confirming the belief of their bean counters that it is in fact a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckota View Post
    But however, i do agree some of those replica armors had some special value before this patch. They dont have any value anymore. Sad.

Yeah I agree, I always loved the look a lot of the Omni armor has. It was unique and something you could not have, now it's well nothing.

Sad because it only serve to destroy immersion with the game world, storyline and the "conflict" imo

Quote Originally Posted by Muckota View Post
    Perhaps to a degree. I haven't been able to play today but if what I read elsewhere is true, that the sets are complete items that goes in back slot, then it limits what you can do with it. If you just want to show off complete set, well that's that. But if you're like me and like to mix up your OTAF (or Sentinel's, or Omni-Med) with other bits and pieces for an interesting look, you can't achieve that with the replicas.

And no doubt players who care of status will soon figure out that the guy sporting full OTAF with inspect disabled probably has the replica version installed--no status to be had there. Doubly so for the AI or beast replicas.
    Last edited by Kordova; Nov 17th, 2010 at 21:11:14.

Hm, well. Guess now it's just mixing sets to show you actually have 'em.

OK so I'm a bit annoyed now having farmed goathat parts and undercover kits for my agent, but whatever :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kordova View Post
    Perhaps to a degree. I haven't been able to play today but if what I read elsewhere is true, that the sets are complete items that goes in back slot, then it limits what you can do with it. If you just want to show off complete set, well that's that. But if you're like me and like to mix up your OTAF (or Sentinel's, or Omni-Med) with other bits and pieces for an interesting look, you can't achieve that with the replicas.

And no doubt players who care of status will soon figure out that the guy sporting full OTAF with inspect disabled probably has the replica version installed--no status to be had there.
    That was my experience in the short time i played around with the goathat. You could maybe equip it in your proper armorslots and overcome thist that way. But that would bring some other obvious problems

I think they should change replicas somewhat to differentiate them from real-deals. Like add "FAKE" text in back ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I've played for so long, some of the armor parts in question used to be the best armor you could use.
    And it was a day you remembered when you finally got that Goat helmet, Storm helped me get my first.

For 3-4 hours they stuck around, this was back in 2003 or 2004, can't remember ^^

Speaking of the OTAF. Does the replica set actually include the tank armor?

And if not, why not just go roll some normal OT armor ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I think they should change replicas somewhat to differentiate them from real-deals. Like add "FAKE" text in back ;D
    Does the OTAF have a big goofy "OTAF" logo on the front that the real stuff doesn't? The one screen shot posted by the clammer makes it look that way.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Speaking of the OTAF. Does the replica set actually include the tank armor?

And if not, why not just go roll some normal OT armor ^^
    It does not. None of the replica sets include any related back pieces or shoulder pads.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    It does not. None of the replica sets include any related back pieces or shoulder pads.
    Good
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordova View Post
    ....no doubt players who care of status will soon figure out that the guy sporting full OTAF with inspect disabled probably has the replica version installed......
    I dont see why. I ALWAYS have inspect disabled.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast