Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How and where to blitz missions...

Originally posted by Kaghelion
    As a bonus the mission items in Find-Item missions will be at least 5% higher ql then the mission.
    Which is both annoying, when trying to get matched sets of armour for example, and fantastic because it gives you more QL of items to blitz for and so allows you to fill orders more accurately.
    Wolfen.
    AKA Gridwolf. Fixer.
    AKA Beveridge. Engineer.
    AKA Razorstorm. Enforcer.
    AKA Blitzen, Trader.

AKA Stonehand. Martial Artist.
    AKA Nanohive, Nanotechnician.
    AKA Misericorde, Agent.

My pennys worth

Some great tips in this thread. Ive been blitzing non stop lateley and found a bit of extra advice here that was good for me.

Namely fill your hotbar up with lockpicks and use em as you need em, sure saves time opening up your Inventory etc.

Also if you cant pick up the item as your aggroed you can turn off autoattack monster in OPTIONS/MISC or just hit 'Q' to bring your attack bar back down then hit 'R' to grab the item, failling that just keep hitting 'R' as you die and the item will be in your reclaim.

Im enjoying blitzing more than levelling right now. Im level 85 and take Max diffuculty Qty 152 out of Newland to 20k pleasent meadows area, where you can save and reccy out from there.

This would work for all factions as its a Neutral save area. Plus you can easily get 3 missions in that area.

P.S. To give your self more choice of completable missions after getting 2 'find item' types, slide the money bar to the XP setting to get offered 3 of the 'Repair/Decode' missions to increase your chance of finding your clients 'special' item. Its better than rolling forever trying to get that last 'find item' mission with the right item.
    "I dont work for the Company"..........."The Company works for me"
    Dont call me Thep.

Dark Karnage Master Vampire
    ThePhantom Opifex Fixer Omni
    Deeler Solitus Trader Omni
    Headkracker Atrox Enforcer Omni
    Nukemage Atrox NT Omni (great fun)
    Resting
    Deeana Solitus MP (In honour of my wife) Omni

Fed up waiting for Rez shock to go? Try this while you wait

Where to pull missions?

On the first page of this thread Teknolord recommends getting missions from Aegan because they are small. Does anyone know where one pulls these missions?

-Blaik

Talking

I usually roll missions to Broken Shores from Hope or NLC. relatively small, open, predictable missions. Its all about the time really. Your goal should be to blitz 3 missions before your short HoT runs out. I can do it if I am REALLY lucky, but its a little stressful doing it for hours on end... I guess no more stressful than say...being CZ though.
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!

I've blitzed missions since lvl 25 or something.. And i've never died by one (must be the fact that i haven't tried an mission higher ql than my lvl :P) and as an omni-tek i allways pull missions from eather Ent at the mission booths near the grid acces or in Rome blue right side.. And missions in buildings are allways extremely easy. I've allways take to left. 80% of the time i end up in an straight line to the item i have to find. The other even more easier mission type is the one with no main big room in it.. It's nearly allways straight forward.. or left..
    For blitzing team missions i REALLY suggest u blitz the first 2 lvl's and then clear out the 3th.. It's not funny if you se that the Boss room have 3 mobs in it and there is no way you can go down.. since the all mobs in the 3th lvl are waiting for you there.. But i can make this if i get the best run buff my ncu allows.. wich is the best one in the game.. One time i went for an mission when an lvl 200 fixer casted his best run buff on me.. it added something about 80 to the evades and i had something about 800 in run speed.. and i was about lvl 35.. lol, no mob in the mission could hit me.. And i ran so fast through the rooms that the mobs didn't even notice me. so I just had to run straight for the boss.. did 4 team missions in an row that way and earned some nice money
    but one thing who confuses me is the Battle suits u can get from missions.. I read the gave some really nice money from, vendors so i got and blitzed for one.. i was lvl 50 and they start at QL 50.. got it and went for an vendor.. 4k it gave me.. wtf?? i expected something about 80k for it.. what's wrong here? at ql 80-90 they sale for about 200k! im lvl 53 now and i'll go look if i can blitz an ql 60 mission or something.. might increase the money value some but c'mon! 4k?

The value of battlesuits was nerfed in a huge way. They are not all that good as moneymakers anymore.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

On the issue of battlesuits, if you can roll the Plasteel ones, they sell for a decent price. At QL107 I can get a little over 100k for one, which is by far the best price I've gotten for any blitzable item so far. I don't know how much fixers would get for them in the past however.
    Obelisc - Fixer/Pirate of Rubi-Ka. Seeker of booty, be it creds or wench.

Yes, Plasteel and Omni-Pol Battle Suits still go for decent prices. I'd noticed it with Omni-Pol Elite but figured that was since it ranked so high on overall armour class. But unfortunately that same logic does not apply, for some reason, to the Desert Battle Suit.

Check http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search...me=battle+suit and look at the "Value" field for each to get a sense of their relative worth.

*cough* Anima's *cough*

Plus I always use the 'Find Person' type missions. Easier to see on the map as you either look for the red dot (if the target is a monster in a full order mission) or look for the room with 2 dots in it.

TAB to target .. cast RD .. done
    Kinkee, Clan Fixer, RK1, The Smurfette
    Roughtrade, Clan Trader, RK1

Sometimes the mob to find is your same faction.

It seems like I always get a person to find, too. No dot colour distinction at all. Clearly other people's experiences vary, but I wish I knew how they did that.

Still, I like them. You can usually tell which room has the mob by the minimap because it'll have 2 dots in a room type that normally has 1, or 3 dots in a room that normally has 2. Kind of annoying when you blaze past a room with only one dot in it, though, because the room is normally a one dot room but this time there was no regular enemy mob.

BTW, animas are not really especially great to blitz until you can start pulling QL202+ missions. Then they're great because they come up in practically every mission pull, and it is trivial to get them for a destination you prefer to go to.

Speaking of "destination you want to go to", for blitzing don't be afraid to leave the "Mission is in Known Location" box of ClickSaver unchecked when looking for blitz missions. With fixer grid, getting to practically anywhere fast is pretty trivial and I am often pleasantly surprised to find when I get there that it is a notum mine mission or maybe a small factory. Of course sometimes it is a huge office complex, but eh, them's the breaks. At least I pulled the item I wanted quickly, and didn't have to put up with the lag of Home.

Now blitzing 200s again at 154, I am finding that the new pet pathing code has made blitzing not at all harder, and even deep in the maze of the office complex I can still stand in a room alone, without anything beating on me. I haven't touched Run Speed since level 112, though I am using GPA now for blitzing. (Hmm, now that I think of it, if I swapped out my Manex for my Second Hand Old English Trading Company Pistols for blitzing, I'll get the last two points of SI that I need to self-buff GSF. Woot!)

Enough rambling... hope this post was a little help to someone, at least.

Re: Aegean missions?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Garp
    Which mission terms give a high frequency of these small Aegean cave missions? [/QUOTE

1. From Entertainment district (if you are Omni) type this in the loc page for clicksaver: Aegean (2340.2, 2851.1)

This will get you a consistently small cave or subway type mission. I did 500 tokens worth of farming just to this location from level 119-123, and the mob numbers ranged from 0-4 (rare), 5-15 (average), and 20+ (rare). The lowest percentage gain for the chance at a token was 4% per mob, tho the average percentage was in the 7-12% range.

I liked this place, because it was very easy to get to, the spot is a cave by a lava filled crater at the junction between Varmint Woods, Newland, and Aegean. I rolled in Entertainment at the grid entry, then gridded to NLC, and from there it was approximately a 30 second yalm ride to the mission location.

2. For another great token farming location, try the rhinoman village (the one inside the valley below the Dynacamp). I got missions there from Borealis at lvl 91, and they were all small caves, not even one subway.

3. In the 80's, you can roll BS City of Home missions from Clon****. Lack of a map isn't really a problem as it is pretty easy to find the entry with the loc function and the directional line on your compass.

Good luck in hunting tokens. The job gets to be tedious, but that 1k board is sure worth it.

ahhh blitzing

A lot of the information in this thread is outdated since it is rather old and seems to be just recently ressurected. I'm 112, and have done easily 100 QL200 missions. Granted, I have Grid Armor Mk III on my side, but I'd like to think I'm getting pretty good at it. Here's my general thoughts on blitzing:

1) I blitz QL200 memories, which, while not a 'rare' roll per se, take some time to roll up. As such, I'm very reluctant to roll for a particular location. If things are going nicely, I can get one mission in BS and two in a random location. That way I can fixer grid to the first random location, reckless, grid to BS, blitz the BS mission, and use the BS terminal to fixer grid to the 2nd random location.

2) I don't know why anyone would ever consider blitzing find item missions. I have a hard enough time finding items in solo missions when I'm actually DOING the mission! I'm a find person or use machine man myself. When I first start rolling, I set the sliders to order/money, which gives 3 find person, one kill target, and one use machine. I roll with these settings until I get 2 find persons, then I put the slider to good/order/money because as you get find person missions it replaces them with other mission types such as pickup and return. Good/order/money gives 3 use machines, one find target, and one kill target, which gives an 80% chance that a roll will be useable on a blitz.

3) The key to successful blitzing is finding the right terminal to roll the mission you're looking for. All mission terminals are NOT created equally. I generally use booths on the hill in OA for nanos (which I do a lot for my guildmates) and the mission terminals outside Reets in SWB to roll NCU's. The SWB terminal DOES give a lot of 'middle of nowhere' missions, however, so I wouldn't recommend it for those of you who always want to go to BS.

4) Know when to give up! Most of the time I don't even accept large office complex missions that are use machine. I seem to have a lot of problems finding the machine to use in those missions because a) a lot of the multimob rooms are divided into sections by walls and b) a lot of the machines are part of the 'scenery'. The missions I avoid to cut down on omni office are the Ventilation shaft mission area and Omni-HQ.

5) Yes, Omni-HQ. I *DO* blitz Omni-HQ missions as a clanner. I can't imagine that anyone without grid armor 3+ would want to try, though. If you do an Omni-HQ mission, make sure to walk into the grid exit with your pointer on top of your yalmaha. As soon as you hear the sounds for the new zone, start right clicking like mad to hop into your yalm. When the zone actually apperas, back up and to the left and hide in the corner, and hope that none of the guards were turned around from thier usual positions. If they're all where they're supposed to be, fly straight up and then attempt to find your mission door. They're tricky to find when you've got 10 guards firing at you, but it's fun Just like blitzing, practice will help you find the doors more easily.
    Aameul - Fixer - RK1
    Hethradiah - Keeper - RK1

To help you imagine why people would consider doing find item missions, here are my reasons: it gives me twice as much chance to pull an item if the item is available as an item to spot, and it lets me get some QL200 stuff when I can pull missions anywhere from roughly level 186 to over 200 (lower even if I want implants, since they will bump when programmed).

I disagree with the assessment that particular items show up in the tables at any particular terminal. I am starting to believe the theory that they generate their full reward list every once in a while, and then as items are given out from that list they become unavailable until the next time the table is generated. That would make more commonly used terminals quickly run out of popular items like NCU Memory, and remote terminals more likely to still have them. This theory fits with Stret West Bank being better for pulling NCU Memory for you. (It is, of course, not the only theory that would fit ... I grant that your theory fits too, I just don't believe it. )

As for avoiding missions to office complexes, I've lately been just doing all types, and it seems like the vast bulk I get are the office complexes. Only died twice in the past 50 blitzes, and only once was the size of the office complex mission partially to blame. I'd spent enough time in there that my short HoT had run out twice, and I didn't recast after the 2nd one because I needed nano to evac. When I finally found the item and it was time to evac, though, a doc had hit me with a massive init debuff and my evac went off basically as fast as a Grid Phreak. Pow pow pow pow ... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. (The other blitz I died on was because an Ace Smackdown shooter mob in a 231 hit me for 1400 non-critical damage at a shot.)

Finally, I don't have Grid Armor but I do take Omni HQ missions as well. The least risky way of me to get there is to fixer grid to Ent and then fly out the west gate to HQ -- on full def, of course. Gridding directly to HQ doesn't tend to go well for me.

Re: ahhh blitzing

Originally posted by Aameul
    When I first start rolling, I set the sliders to order/money, which gives 3 find person, one kill target, and one use machine.
    By the way, you can add full Open to this and still get the same mission types, while reducing the number of locked doors.

wow this threads been around a while (like me)

Now that i'm doing 200+ missions, i still do find item as it gets a bit more cash.

I try for Pet nanos as they sell really well.

The item is always in a 'far stretch' of the dungeon. You can usually pick a direction that seems to have more doors on your mini map and usually thats turns out the right way to go.

A little leet whispered in my ears that the hours given to complete a mission often reflect in the size of the mission ... have not verified that though.
    Mordain
    Lonely Clan Fixer on RK1

"Now I've told you this once before
    You can't control me
    If you try to take me down you're gonna break
    Now I feel your every nothing that you're doing for me
    I'm picking you outa me
    you run away
    I stand alone "

Stupid question prolly

Well it iis probably a stupid question but I wanted to be sure .
    And as Mr. Gerrison says.. "there are no stupid questions , just stupid people" . Anyway...
    I am able to finish 75% hard mission pretty quickly just killin stuff.
    I am assuming the reason to blitz missions is to get the level tab all the way to hard and get the higher level cash and reward?
    If this is true then I will have to practice more .
    But wouldnt you lose out on the chance to find things like rings and other drops that migh apear in the mission?
    Thanks

Yes, blitzing is to get the mission reward in the least amount of time possible. Often this is with the easy/hard slider at maximum hard, but not necessarily -- it will depend on the QL of the item you are trying to get as a reward.

This will mean you miss out on xp and on looting opportunities, but that isn't the goal of the blitz.

Vive la blitzing!

I've been blitzing level 5, and here are a few things that I do:

I don't know about that one guys who couldn't do this, but I lure all the mobs I can into one empty room, run outside, and use my pick to lock the door. Unfortunately, even after 14.8.2, mobs STILL like to warp to you.

When I blitz with my crat, I just calm the entire area, or even charm a few and turn them on each other.

Snares and roots are GOD. Say that a few times, and you'll remember it. If you see one mob that can probably kill you in one hit, make sure you have your best runbuff and HoT on, snare AND root it, then run. You'll keep it from following you for a short time, and slow it down once the root ends.

Re: Stupid question prolly

Originally posted by Magmore

But wouldnt you lose out on the chance to find things like rings and other drops that migh apear in the mission?
    Thanks
    Last time I checked you could still unlock things when under attack, just not open things, if you understand the difference. And afaik it's neither a bug nor an exploit. One of the few things with the risk vs reward system that really works in the game.

You'd still miss out on some loot, but not all. And there're some mission settings that gives you more locked chests than others. I'll let you find out which for yourself.

Also, if you're fast enough (and lucky) you'll shake aggro. That will give you the opportunity to sit down and heal up, and loot some bags and bots.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

I actually have better luck blitzing the cave missions with the water hazards. I've found that when going into those missions and I hit a dead end, just wait. When the mobs come running in, there's a big advantage there. You see, the cave missions have higher cielings, and with my agi maxed I can jump rather high.

I know it sounds wierd, but in a dead end, as the mobs close in, I start jumping past them. Hardly ever get hit, and leaves the mobs behind me in a place I'll never return to. At that point they have no chance of catching up to me with my nearly 800 runspeed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast