Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea for special-attacks and some nukes/perks to make it more balanced vs multibox

Idea for special-attacks and some nukes/perks to make it more balanced vs multibox

Don't like how ao is slowly becoming fps-online. So here are some suggestions:

Special attacks:

You must ready the weapon before special-attacks becomes available. Readying a weapon requires a hostile target, will flag you if the target is flagged and it will send a message to the target that 'yourname' has targeted you. You can ready a weapon from sneak without triggering the message. You can execute perks from this mode, but perks that require a fighting target will unsneak you.

Readying a weapon requires standing still (or for complexity, that would depend on the weapon), will intrupt if you move and it takes about 2 seconds before special-attacks becomes available.

Fast-attack, burst and brawl could be as is. Not sure about sa and dimach.

Aimed Shot can be reusable w/o sneak in pvm w this system.

The drawback to this is that it ruins specialattack-kiting. You know; W o W and swap-alphas might be fux0red.

Nukes and perks

Concussive Shot and Kel's neutrosomething currently executes a effect 'affected by cs/knp' which makes it impossible to stack the nukes/perks. I think that should be added to many perks and nukes.

This makes mb-pvp less viable and single-pvp vs mb-pvp more fair.

Some of these changes will greatly make some professions godlike tho. Doctors for example.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 18th, 2014 at 03:00:14.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

According to my original AO strategy guide, fling shot would only do max damage when you timed it to your attack bar getting to the top.

*If* such a thing ever existed, it was gone by the time I played a ranged profession, but having to time specials with your attack bar would change the dynamic of using specials without having to add a new action, i.e. ready weapon.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

For the nukes part again trying to mess up pvm just for a few seconds of pvp. So basically you want only 1 nt per team in pvm. and to kill off all aoe nukes. It already have a 7.5 sec lock out, how much more time do you want?

Special attack kiting is how you learn to survive solo
    You want the special attack to have to be made ready every time you are going to use it?

Sounds like a suggestion that would only benefit agents in permanent sneak mode and screw over everyone else.

Add chain lightning nanos that jump from target to target if they're close enough together and increase in damage with each jump. If it's made so it can't hit the same person twice with each cast and only jumps 5 or 6 times, but at the last jump it's powerful enough to instantly kill someone, then it would completely change PvP dynamics. Multiboxing would need to either stop or be done with fewer toons, and mass PvP might actually start to use some tactics instead of zerg everything.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Add chain lightning nanos that jump from target to target if they're close enough together and increase in damage with each jump. If it's made so it can't hit the same person twice with each cast and only jumps 5 or 6 times, but at the last jump it's powerful enough to instantly kill someone, then it would completely change PvP dynamics. Multiboxing would need to either stop or be done with fewer toons, and mass PvP might actually start to use some tactics instead of zerg everything.
    ........... *shakes head in disappointment* you have to be kidding.

Again... tower wars, is a war not a duel. If you dont want to die use the wonderful /duel command.

I know yall worked hard on yall wonderful alpha killing toons, and would prefer if you could just kill everyone one by one. But its a war, the best coordinating team/side wins.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    ........... *shakes head in disappointment* you have to be kidding.

Again... tower wars, is a war not a duel. If you dont want to die use the wonderful /duel command.

I know yall worked hard on yall wonderful alpha killing toons, and would prefer if you could just kill everyone one by one. But its a war, the best coordinating team/side wins.
    Says someone who apparently has never been to an actual tower "war". The side with the most people wins the initial rush and the side that's willing to run back more then wins the rest of the "war". With a chain-lightning, both sides would have to split their forces into smaller groups, making the fights less about who can field more people and more about who has the superior tactics and understanding of the battlefield.

For the nukes part again trying to mess up pvm just for a few seconds of pvp. So basically you want only 1 nt per team in pvm. and to kill off all aoe nukes.
    Many times it is only one doc (for example) per team, so it wouldn't a big issue, and an nt, like an agent, would have other tools to use when they are locked out from using an action. It's not 'just a few seconds of pvp', it is multiboxing ruining an entire booster-pack and I think many would like the game to be more heavy on professions and less heavy on generic special-attacks...like in fps-games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Sounds like a suggestion that would only benefit agents in permanent sneak mode and screw over everyone else.
    I had this idea for battlestation. We could make a new system just for you paf. It would be like a carusell where you can just stand in the middle with your friends and shoot people as they spawn.

Loving it how my perception setup is actually pissing agents off to the point of making ridiculous suggestions on the forum. Try improving your setup instead.

Says someone who apparently has never been to an actual tower "war". The side with the most people wins the initial rush and the side that's willing to run back more then wins the rest of the "war". With a chain-lightning, both sides would have to split their forces into smaller groups, making the fights less about who can field more people and more about who has the superior tactics and understanding of the battlefield.
    I am not sure if you are just trolling or not. Probably you just are.
    I have been to many tower battles, numbers dont always win, its how will the people are twinked, and, strategy they imply and their persistence
    Stop trying to add something that is obviously really bad. Create an Instant death nano. You say you trying to stop MB, by giving everyone a massive aoe, and killing off team play.
    *shakes head again*

@Leetlover
    MB is ruining pvp, hum.. lets see. Perk, stun, burst, FA, AS, Dead, no ability to move or fight back. Yeah its MB that messed up PVP

MB is ruining pvp, hum.. lets see. Perk, stun, burst, FA, AS, Dead, no ability to move or fight back. Yeah its MB that messed up PVP
    You can actually focus your gameplay to counter subterfuge, spying and stealth. I do, not everyone likes it tho and choose to focus on more direct combat instead. When an agent strikes first from sneak, I would think that is a scenario that rightfully favors an agent with a somewhat sacrifical setup, but what happens if...lets say a healer comes and assist the agent to heal the target and then blind the agent? Or what happens if a enforcer comes in and fear the agent? See? It's a fair game.

You can also clear stun with a free movement or by popping mor (or something else) if you think it is coming.

PS/
    You forgot to add SA and Dimach.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 21st, 2014 at 19:57:13.

I am not sure if you are just trolling or not. Probably you just are.
    I have been to many tower battles, numbers dont always win, its how will the people are twinked, and, strategy they imply and their persistence
    Stop trying to add something that is obviously really bad. Create an Instant death nano. You say you trying to stop MB, by giving everyone a massive aoe, and killing off team play.
    *shakes head again*
    I'm sorry to hear that you can't read. Is Hooked on Phonics still a thing? If it is, I bet you could take some classes.

Being twinked means nothing in most tower battles, as long as you have a halfway decent equip and aren't trying to pull a Wilsonat. The nano wouldn't be instant death and it wouldn't be massive AoE, and not everyone would have it. It definitely wouldn't kill off teamplay. It would kill off zergs and multiboxing. If your team has to spread out to have 3 or 4 meters in between each person so that the lightning doesn't jump to it's next target it doesn't suddenly make teamplay unobtainable.

Let me reiterate, since you're having trouble understanding this difficult concept, I'll even use MS paint.

http://i.imgur.com/iJ8mr2b.png

It would kill off zergs and multiboxing. If your team has to spread out to have 3 or 4 meters in between each person so that the lightning doesn't jump to it's next target it doesn't suddenly make teamplay unobtainable
    That'll be good. FC wanted to spread pvp with OS, but it didn't work so well.

As a member of the world of warcraft Shaman community I am personally offended by that crappy picture. Photoshop or GTFO.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=421/chain-lightning

http://www.wowwiki.com/Chain_Lightning
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    As a member of the world of warcraft Shaman community I am personally offended by that crappy picture. Photoshop or GTFO.
    Writing with a mouse is tough

Someones been playing DoTa 2.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Make the -NR debuff have an AoE effect.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Reids View Post
    Someones been playing DoTa 2.
    WoW came before DoTA 2. I'm sure other games had chain lightning before WoW, but that was my first experience with that mechanic.

WoW came before DoTA 2. I'm sure other games had chain lightning before WoW, but that was my first experience with that mechanic.
    Yar, chain lightning effects date back to P&P RPG days, and have been in PC RPGs in one form or another for many years previous to Dota 2.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

I'm sorry to hear that you can't read. Is Hooked on Phonics still a thing? If it is, I bet you could take some classes.

Being twinked means nothing in most tower battles, as long as you have a halfway decent equip and aren't trying to pull a Wilsonat. The nano wouldn't be instant death and it wouldn't be massive AoE, and not everyone would have it. It definitely wouldn't kill off teamplay. It would kill off zergs and multiboxing. If your team has to spread out to have 3 or 4 meters in between each person so that the lightning doesn't jump to it's next target it doesn't suddenly make teamplay unobtainable.

Let me reiterate, since you're having trouble understanding this difficult concept, I'll even use MS paint.

http://i.imgur.com/iJ8mr2b.png
    Not sure what you are talking about, I guess common sense is not to common with you.

To lazy to twink or coordinate a team, so you want to create a easy kill nano. So when people team up like they are supposed to you get to easily kill one of them. (Probably your only kill)
    This is not wow or dota2 you dont just wait to respawn when you get killed.
    Obviously your team always sucks and you need people to separate so you can get a solo kill.

Now let reiterate, teamwork is for teams to stay together and survive, if you want to fight one one one go and duel.
    With AO's old engine and mechanics no one trust it will know what 5 meters is, and may actually just kill everyone.
    The Devs dont have time to waste on bad ideas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast