Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 18th, 2010 - AO Expert wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    ... we will also be unlocking the AI social clothing, allowing all players to wear the social clothes.
    All together now...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    (If I had a vuvuzela, I'd be blowing it)

Tons more social clothes available to froobs and sloobs, and of course, more stuff for us to pay for points on. Win-win all around! Now I can dress up like Stigman and follow him around like an annoying fanboy... wait did I type that oops.

Seriously, I am LOVING this news. Thank you for your reply, and the upcoming changes you mentioned. \m/ <3

edit: I feel bad. I complained about the Alien daily mission difficulty, and the paid points vendor, and now they're both being changed. I'm making more work for you guys! I'm sorry I'm sorry ;_; Also I don't want to turn into one of those guys who only posts to say you need to change stuff.
    Last edited by MisterBishop; Jun 24th, 2010 at 16:35:05.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by DaTe View Post
    Means said:
    Any XP gained while XP gain is disabled will go into your XP pool for later if it isn't added to research.

Tested on my keeper and did a daily mission with xp disabled. soo.... before I did the daily mission I had ~23m in pool and after that I: Your current pool of unsaved experience is 19316284. That doesnt make sense imo.
    It's been like that for a long time now. That's why in an earlier post here I said the change would the reverse of what it is now as currently our pool goes down after a kill even with disable XP turned on. The change just didn't make it to live.

----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    The problem is, youre comparing the WRONG THING.

The $90 for a year is a HUGE saving compared to the $179.40 you pay if you pay monthly.
    Er, not really. It makes far more sense to compare it to the existing annual subscription rate as that's what both give at base. There's nothing new about the one year subscription which already let people pay about half as much as they would if they payed monthly. If a nearly 50% savings wasn't enough to get people to go that route before a marginal cost reduction and what's really just a social something wouldn't really change their minds.

That deal is more for new/fr00b accounts so they get everything and a low one year cost and those that already were willing to lock themselves into a long subscription.

People are posting their complaints about the rediculous birthday/mech deal treating current yearly subscribers like second class citizens here too.

Let Funcom know how you feel about the way they are doing this or they'll do worse next time & expect a pat on the back for their efforts.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Seems that it doesn't matter what they do, people are going to QQ anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificus View Post
    Seems that it doesn't matter what they do, people are going to QQ anyway.
    Yes, and its getting sad and annoying.

I have a feeling that if they gave the mech to Everyone, someone would start QQing that the discount for a year subscription wasnt enough, since they are already close to doing that as is.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

This is an oversight on our part - When we initially put up the non-Phasefront Paid Points vendor it contained nothing but the AI social clothing. As we didn't want anyone without the expansion mistakenly purchasing items that they couldn't wear, we decided to lock the shop itself to AI-only. Now that we're reaching the point where this shop will contain other items, though, the shop should be unlocked to all.

The glasses and the balloons pet are *not* exclusive to the birthday, and will be kept in the shop for the foreseeable future. In the next update that we release, we will hopefully have the shop unlocked to where all players can access the content within regardless of expansions.

In addition, as a "whoops, our bust" gesture, we will also be unlocking the AI social clothing, allowing all players to wear the social clothes. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but hopefully we can make it right soon. =)
    Thats great news, oh btw, u might as well unlock the LE nano shop as well, as some of the LE nanos are froobable and froob gain VP in BS too. Make their VP useful As there is no point locking the shop when it can be bypass like asking an expansion player to buy for them.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

OMG, it's Friday!!!11 Headz plx.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Here. yw.
    It looks to asian imo..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

No. It looks asian enough.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
    In addition, as a "whoops, our bust" gesture, we will also be unlocking the AI social clothing, allowing all players to wear the social clothes. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but hopefully we can make it right soon. =)
    So Maria's fashion terminal (the one from Bazzit's shop) will be unlocked too?

Create a Veteran Account
    It is important to mention that in the near future we will be enabling the transfer of characters to Veteran Accounts from Regular accounts. (ie: Move my 220 Doctor from my main account to my new Vet Account). 2000 Paid Points.

WHEN! OMG WHEN. Ive been waiting since 2003 for this!

you can do this now tzalman only the character transfer isn´t available

damn. I really need the char xfer to be available. WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE ZOMG lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Make their VP useful As there is no point locking the shop when it can be bypass like asking an expansion player to buy for them.
    Might as well give them full access to Ofab, SL and LoX for free while we're at it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Thats great news, oh btw, u might as well unlock the LE nano shop as well, as some of the LE nanos are froobable and froob gain VP in BS too. Make their VP useful As there is no point locking the shop when it can be bypass like asking an expansion player to buy for them.
    As far as I know while fr00bs can go into BSs they don't get VP as you need LE to gain VP. Sort of like how fr00bs can kill aliens but unless you have AI you don't register any alien kills or deaths.

They can gain VP, they just can't see how much VP they have or use the terminals to spend it at. I bought LE after release, and my accumulated VP was on my toon when I got the expansion.

Just another incentive to upgrade, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

GM ad back up for Durham:

http://funcom.easycruit.com/intranet...1/27106?iso=gb

Assuming they aren't just filling a hole, this looks good - unlike the prior ad, it is for 'AO' not 'AoC/AO'. Could be them starting to ramp up CS ahead of the engine launch (which they know they will need to do).
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Talking

Engine Video (or lack thereof)

I'd like to apologize for there not being a video available for the new engine yet. We are currently without a video producing guy here in the Oslo office for the last while and the chances of me getting it done (let alone making a good one) have been slim as my time has been more than occupied. I'm not sure at this point when we will be showing a video of the new engine...but the work is continuing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Like every friday, i cant stop pushing the F5 button !
    Last edited by Sugest; Jul 2nd, 2010 at 07:01:54.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

seriously ..
    I love AO but I'm never that good at it!
    SL rocks.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast