Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Badgering View Post
    .....of hey, heres an idea? get smart and do tl5 BS BEFORE you level past 174? that so hard? and dont ruin the game for so many people.

Not really an option for everyone. Such as, those who leveled past before BS came out? Yes, its been a while, I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgering View Post
    If tl6s are crying about not getting VP, throw em in with 220s n let em die, there gonna die anyhow and APT camp.....of hey, heres an idea? get smart and do tl5 BS BEFORE you level past 174? that so hard? and dont ruin the game for so many people.
    But that forces you to keep your toon as cannon fodder in that level range however long it takes to get the VP with no feeling of accomplishing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Is there even a point in responding to you? All you did was change my post to blahblahblah, say I love FC, and didn't respond to a single thing in my post.

You're really something else.
    Then why respond to my posts?

As for me not responding to anything in your post, nothing was really worth responding to.

And why thank you

Looks like I hit the nail on the head, your so much of a fanboy that you think FC does no wrong.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

The main issue is there are players in those 175-209 in-between levels that want to participate, and are essentially locked out of content. Those are the types of people that cancel subs because they are frustrated they cant progress within that level range. I knew LOTS of people pre-LE that would have played AO longer if the content (especially AI and SL xp) was more accessible and varied. That's probably why there is more content for the 100-200 player being developed lately. It just came too late.

The one thing I would really like to see is new maps/game modes for Battlestations, the same one all the time is booooring.
    I have no comment on the lower ranges since I don't know how active they are but:

I don't have a problem with the new tl5/7 ranges at all.
    Obviously the sensible idea was to combine the wasteland level ranges with the active ones.

The more casual leveling players are zero threat to a good tl5 twink, and at 201+ just want some vp and sk, they dont care about the performance gap, they just want progress.
    Sure, the 200's "twinks" will roll in just to see the tl5's cry a river because they are no longer the biggest fish in their pond, but they will exist on both sides, and that kind of skill gap already happens on the occasions where you have a team of 150's vs 164-174. Maybe an idea to have 2 queues for these allowing an equal number of 175-200 and 210-220 from each side, so that the side with the larger number of higher level players does not gain that type of advantage.

PvP BS players should stop treating it like a giant dueling platform where you think every fight HAS to be even up 1v1. OR that another player is not "worthy" of killing you because they didn't spend the exact amount of time/effort/credits or their profession is too "easy". That system already exists, hang out in the waiting area and duel players in your range if you want a "fair" fight or a "challenge". And if you don't usually pvp, you have nothing to lose.
    If you want to run around and have some pewpew fun, sign up. It's mass pvp like NW, without the waiting for action. Except at tl5 you cant call a 220 to come in and gank a 200, so group up and try harder. And at tl7, guess what 201-209 actually do show up and try to help even though they get steamrolled on tower fields too.

My main point is: Lighten up. Changes to the level ranges remove some more excuses for them not running. If you want Battlestations to be active, it's on you to get in there and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post

Now for some of the good things:
    - Maxed out froobs gets a chance for some action.
    - All professions will be able to do QL 300 ofab with the right breed.
    - The power difference between professions will be evened out, enforcers, agents and adventurers will actually fall down to a more balanced level. Traders will however rise to new heights if GTH stays the same, but if it's not their drains will lose some effect and balance them out as well. Soldier's might be a potential new powerhouse, keepers and shades get's their chance to shine a bit. NT's would get more damage, but their evades will take a hit as others also levels to 200. Doctor's CH is more realistic to beat one on one as people get more perks.

Oh well, I passed TLDR; long ago, I'm all in for this change, just make sure that the above mentioned big issues are addressed before adding the changes.
    Yah assuming everyone will be lvl 200.. But thats not how it is going to be.
    200 vs 200 is fine. 150 or even 170 vs 200 is simply not..

149-220 PVP BS please.

Muahaha.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Means and crew, make one TINY CHANGE!!!!!!!

100-150!!! and 151-200!

Also.

Quit bitching and whining about 170 vs 200. You dont gain that much. In most cases, you gain less than the difference of 150-170.

170 will be the new 150, and 200 will be the new 170.

/thread
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

I see a few people change up the ranges so here's my idea
    1-24
    25-69
    70-124
    125-169
    170-204
    205-219
    220-
    Ccl about changing equip reqs adapt and learn and I do have a 170agent and wouldn't plan on lvling it.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

Heres what I think it should be:

(no < 40)
    40-80
    81-126
    127-170
    171-205
    206-220
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Means and crew, make one TINY CHANGE!!!!!!!

100-150!!! and 151-200!

Also.

Quit bitching and whining about 170 vs 200. You dont gain that much. In most cases, you gain less than the difference of 150-170.

170 will be the new 150, and 200 will be the new 170.

/thread
    Wouldnt call it a tiny change. Sure you might not get so much more stats, but at lvl 190 you start unlocking very powerful items, and perks start getting alot stronger. Just HHAB alone is going to ruin PvP for anyone lvl 150-189 that uses hostile nanos as an important part of their arsenal.

Theres no doubt that twinking is what makes AO the game that it is, TL 7 gameplay alone gets boring pretty quick, and TL 5 is the most active twinking stage in the game (because it is the most fun and balanced TL, which this patch would ruin), so this "tiny" change will ruin the game for alot of people. I know I wont bother to change my lvl 170 twinks to 200, I'd rather cancel all my subscriptions.

And you people that don't twink, you shouldnt have a say in this at all anyways because this change wont really apply to you. This change wouldnt make BS more active, it wont magically create more players, it will just force alot of players to quit AO, I know alot of people that love their twinks but would never redo them. Only thing that will change for you non-twinks is you'll get alphaed by lvl 200 twinks instead of lvl 170-174 twinks.

To summarize, theres 2 main kind of people in this catogory. The people that does minimum PvP (Daily for XP/tokens/VP, BS if they are desperate for VP). And the kind of people that loves to PvP, that builds twinks just for the sake of PvP. The first kind is still going to get alphaed by twinks, the second kind is going to get their chars that they worked their ass off for ruined.

GG FC, I see ALOT of cancelled subs if you do this move.

/whine off

Or you could just have the one bs, for 200-220 and nothing below it. What a fantastic idea.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I've been lurking these forums for near 4yrs and only now have I felt compelled to setup my forum account to post due to these proposed changes.
    I'm not overly happy with the 31-60 but I guess it makes BS a cakewalk for my 60 Soldier. Unfortunately for me I'm not a kill farmer so it makes the appeal of entering that BS even less now that I'm not competing against 74s.
    The real insane change as MANY have stated is the 150-200. That really is one of the worst moves I've seen any MMO developer make let alone just FC.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it....
    I love pvp and AO gives such a huge challenge with twinking. Whenever I want a sure fire pvp session I'll log tl5, 150 being my lvl of choice.
    With my fully setup 150 MA I know without even trying it that I stand exactly no chance in hell of beating a twinked 200 let alone 2 or 3 of them.
    Means, whole AO development crew, please, PLEASE don't kill my battlestation.

150 - 189

190 - 214

215 - 220

please.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Soliphus View Post
    Wouldnt call it a tiny change. Sure you might not get so much more stats, but at lvl 190 you start unlocking very powerful items, and perks start getting alot stronger. Just HHAB alone is going to ruin PvP for anyone lvl 150-189 that uses hostile nanos as an important part of their arsenal.

Theres no doubt that twinking is what makes AO the game that it is, TL 7 gameplay alone gets boring pretty quick, and TL 5 is the most active twinking stage in the game (because it is the most fun and balanced TL, which this patch would ruin), so this "tiny" change will ruin the game for alot of people. I know I wont bother to change my lvl 170 twinks to 200, I'd rather cancel all my subscriptions.

And you people that don't twink, you shouldnt have a say in this at all anyways because this change wont really apply to you. This change wouldnt make BS more active, it wont magically create more players, it will just force alot of players to quit AO, I know alot of people that love their twinks but would never redo them. Only thing that will change for you non-twinks is you'll get alphaed by lvl 200 twinks instead of lvl 170-174 twinks.

To summarize, theres 2 main kind of people in this catogory. The people that does minimum PvP (Daily for XP/tokens/VP, BS if they are desperate for VP). And the kind of people that loves to PvP, that builds twinks just for the sake of PvP. The first kind is still going to get alphaed by twinks, the second kind is going to get their chars that they worked their ass off for ruined.

GG FC, I see ALOT of cancelled subs if you do this move.

/whine off

Fair enough.

I actually didnt realize things like GTH/SS etc came available at 200. Plus LE 70, forgot that.

A few tools need modification before 150-200 is fair. I still think with some slight modifications, 151-200 would still be decent.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    A few tools need modification before 150-200 is fair. I still think with some slight modifications, 151-200 would still be decent.
    Except that it would divide the tl5's even more than they are today and it would kill tl5 BS.

Because a fairly large portion in the current bs are 150's. You would put them with tl4's. Which would leave ALOT less players for the new 151-200 from scratch. Because even though you get 175-200 now, that isn't an active range at all. So the new ranges would definitely run less than 150-174 is doing now.
    Perhaps in a distant future there will be a new group of 189 or 200 toons (not just talking about the 20 ppl who will instantly have 200 twinks ready now). But I doubt the game will run long enough for that to happen.
    What will happen is that alot of ppl who play mostly for tl5 bs will say. *account cancelled*
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 4th, 2010 at 06:14:00. Reason: obsenities are not necessary

awsome news about the battlestation revamp. besides the whining twinks, for those of us that have always been irritated by the fact that vp is only farmable at one or two level ranges (49 isnt really a level that you stop at for a while unless you are pvping, so it doesnt count), this is good news. having a central location where people hang out to sign up is icing on the cake. if i am going to a 150-200 bs at level 150ish to gain vp, i dont give a crap about getting slaughtered in my "med-suit" powerlevelling setup, i'm just happy to be in a range of a bs thats running.

good job devs (i mean that sincerely), this a good step in the right direction. as much as people whine now, they wont be when they can sign up and hand out some spanks without sitting outside bs for 2 hours whining that you guys need to fix bs.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by supernaute View Post
    Make tl5 bs 165-174
    What about the 164s? Who are we suppose to fight against considering where were designed as TL5 twinks?

The way to make BS running with the current ranges is to make it so you get to keep your buffs when you enter.

At lower levels it's just unplayable without gsf, everyone knows this.
    Also most twinks pre tl5 are still based around cm/ci or mochams.
    Which means they are crippled inside BS. And the ones who twinked for bs do worse outside BS because they had to sink too much ip into nanoskills.

Anyhow. The same thing is true for non twinks as well. Most ppl calc mp buffs because outside bs it's easy to get. You may criticise that decision but it is how it is.

GSF and rrfe is not as important at tl5-tl7 but they still mean alot.
    One side not being slowpokes and having reflects makes a HUGE difference.

So my suggestion would be to not clear the NCU on join.
    And make signing up more convenient as already suggested, let us sign up through lft interface or whatever. Just give it a 30 sec delay so it won't be abused too much.
    Another idea is to add an xp buff for the winning faction (sorry neuts).
    Could be 2 hour duration for whichever side won most bs's (yes all levels would count) or a daily one.

More convenience and more incentive is the way to go to get bs running. Not pitting level 200's vs level 150's!

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    . if i am going to a 150-200 bs at level 150ish to gain vp, i dont give a crap about getting slaughtered in my "med-suit" powerlevelling setup, i'm just happy to be in a range of a bs thats running
    As I said, the VP farmers won. Ppl in medsuits get to set the direction of the game while long time, dedicated players who actually play these ranges to have fun pvp get crapped on.

Awesome job FC!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    Looks like I hit the nail on the head, your so much of a fanboy that you think FC does no wrong.
    Because I like one change from FC I'm a fanboy, your logic is impeccable.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast