Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

well good no more twinks

Game Over
    Junfanlee 220/30 Martial Artist - Deranden 200 Froob Martial Artist
    Cyreidan 170/24/42 Adventurer - Daylate 110/12 Doctor
    Deraldon 100 Froob Fixer - Haroshan 90/9 Agent
    Deretham 65 Froob Enforcer - Malberan 36/4 Enforcer
    Forselling 25 Froob Trader - Talishon 21/2 Trader
    Forsidexp1 14 Froob Trader - Imwhoim 1 Froob Agent

President
    of Fist and Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Firezus View Post
    BS will be fun, i already saw some tl6 agents in full ql 300 ofab/css with ql 300 ofab weapon
    Add AI30
    Add LE70
    Add HHAB
    Add GTH.
    Add Jobe Triple (90% hp against some classes at level 150)
    Add Constant Barrage. See your NR go from 1k to 0 in 1 second!
    Add bio shielding 9
    Add pande belts and ncu's

These are a few things that level 150 twinks will face directly or indirectly. In addition to a whole slew of dmg/evade buffs and perks and ofcourse ql 300 armour and weapons as you already pointed out.

Sound like fun? Not unless you're one of the 20 ppl on each server that will make a 200 twink and enjoy killing 150's despite the zero effort involved.

Balance? I would laugh here. But I'm too tired.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 21:09:20.

bs ranges
    140-170
    171-205
    206-220

220s can only attack down to 201
    ???
    profit

What would probably make up for this, is if they would fix APTs so that they actually hit people again. My understanding was that APTs/mechs were introduced as a way of making PVMers competitive (since they are forced to PVP in order to achieve VP at a reasonable rate). They do not serve this function anymore, since only poorly equipped characters can actually be hit by them. Fix this, and 150s can at least participate vs. 200s.

I miss the old level ranges... Highest twinks where 149, once you hit 150 that was it, no more bull, no more hand holding, you where on your own against grinning 220s with pimped out equipes, total domination.. And hey it worked great back then... And not to mention that when they changed it there where allot of angry 149 twinks
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

150-200... That is a terrible idea. There will be only 3 levels on this BS - 150, 164 and 200.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    150-200... That is a terrible idea. There will be only 3 levels on this BS - 150, 164 and 200.
    I disagree. Will only be one level: 200

And then the vp farmers will complain about not getting vp again because:
    1. They get new a-holes torn as soon as they enter.
    2. Because tl5 bs won't run.

I can agree with the low level changes to BS, I think it will help seeing as TL2 BS barely runs, and 201-220 is fine too.

However the change to TL5 BS is horrible, It is terrible in so many ways, it destroys a unique pvp environment and will change it to something so close to TL7 that its a waste of time. It ruins tons and tons of tl5 twinks who now get to be facerolled, or retwink\re-roll at great expense. 150s who currently get to acualy fight in TL5 BS now just get to be slaughtered by 200s.

Anyone who says people wont make 200s is an idiot, all the 165-174s out there now spend 99% of their time in BS as opposed to NW, and if giveing up that 1% of NW means you still get to be competitive in BS that is what people will do.

If at all possible, TL5 BS needs to remian untouched, let the tl6s play with tl7s if they need VP that badly, there only leveling to 220 anyhow as there is no point to twink at TL6

Can't believe how its posible to have plans about ballancing and introduce that lvl ranges at BS.
    Can't believe that u are trying to destroy the tl5 scene.
    If u want more active BS u should :
    1. Try to attrackt more players.
    2. Adjust properly pvp ranges and tower ranges so ppl will need tl6 to defend tl6 towers.

If u insist on that changes at least force higher players that going into BS to get a proper debuff (-AR, - aad, - run speed, -dmg etc....) not sure if that will work but definately will be better

At least, S10 will be all mine to farm in peace.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

the lvl range change is a great change.

guess like 90% will love it and 10% go like "mimimi my twink is not uber anymore and somebody can kill me"

i <3 it =)
    hope patch comes soon
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We have been tweaking the level ranges of the battlestations to "open it up" to allow larger level ranges to participate..hopefully including ranges that did not run consistently.
    So we understand that its about VP farmers, fine then but what ranges? forget about 1 - 150 because they won't run consistently anyways, also after these changes hit live, simply because most will be hecknoob pocketed or being kited at these levels nowadays. That leaves 175 - 109 which is not really an issue if players stay a bit longer at 150 - 174 and farm the VP's they need to use untill they hit 210.

That is commen sense right?
    But oh sorry it is too much for them to wait cuz they want to hecknoob it to 220 very fast so they can start doing their level 2 research!!

Now opening 150 toon to a 200 TWINK does that make any sense?

IMO the level ranges have nothing to do with the battlestations being dead. I think these problems have a lot more to do with it:

a. BS are side vs side, sometime there's 30 of one side and none of the other. result: no BS
    b. BS are full of people who are there for different reasons and they piss eachother off. PvM-ers leave because they are ripped to shreads by everyone, PvP-ers leave because of the constant 4-capping PvM-ers, or because most of his side are PvM-ers who can't do anything. result: no more BS.
    c. BS are totally boring. same map over and over, have to fight same people over and over. if one side has an advantage by having a lot of certain key professions, the other side can be sure that the next BS will have the same result as the previous one. So they don't sign up anymore, afterall what's the point ? result: no more BS for anyone.

If you want to revive BS, do one ore more of these:

1. scrap the whole side vs side idea it just doesn't work with such a low population even if it makes sense from a RP point of view. make it red vs blue or something.
    2. randomize the sides, so that someone who was on the other side one round might be on your side the next. that way if you lost one round because the other side was overwhelmingly powerful, the next round won't be exactly the same ppl vs the same ppl and there will be a chance that your side wins next. this will result in people not leaving after having lost 1 or 2 rounds in a row
    3. dump the whole VP rewards thing. or at least make it so those who do not want to go there, don't have to go there. don't mix pvp-ers with pvm-ers, that's just no fun for anyone. And for crying out loud don't give me the excuse that if you don't want to pvp then don't go to BS, because there's absolutely no way anyone can do without VPs. For many professions, they cant equip this symb or can't equip that weapon or they can't get 2001 CL or there's something they can't twink into if they don't have this or that ofab item. And LE missions are wrong on so many levels I don't even wanna get started on that
    4. make more maps !!!
    5. make more types of games, capture the flag is getting really boring now
    6. use common sense! recognize already that the BS thing didn't work out the way you initially thought it out, accept it, change the RP story behind it and make it work
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    the new BS

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    At least, S10 will be all mine to farm in peace.
    Do MPs need to borrow the neutral theme song?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Add AI30
    Add pande belts and ncu's
    You forgot profession stars. Yours for only 1500 CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    6. use common sense! recognize already that the BS thing didn't work out the way you initially thought it out, accept it, change the RP story behind it and make it work
    Must be the first time I've heard PvP and RP in the same sentence without intention of flaming...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    the LE nukes NT's can use at 200 are actually not that much improved than what we alr use at tl5. and if they're using LE nukes at all, they'll be in offensive focus, leaving them open for alpha, and if you think NBG will save them more than it saves a tl5, you're wrong there too, it'll go splat just as fast as mine does. my guess would be, if there's 200 NT's in our BS, you're more likely to see NS2 users. a 170 agent for example can take out a 200 NT in offensive focus, faster than he can get a nuke off, easily. the only place the LE nukeing 200's might make a big dent is on the high hp targets, enfos and docs, and tbh...they're a bit OP anyway
    Ok, I admit I haven't taken my NT to BS in a long time, but either this is bullcrap, or you're just terrible. 170 agents are indeed evil to NTs, but killing them faster than they can get a nuke off? This is not a regular occurance. TL5 NTs really aren't glass cannons unlesss they suck.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

1s in the same BS as 30s? 201s in with 220s?

And people ask me why I don't play this game any more...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Must be the first time I've heard PvP and RP in the same sentence without intention of flaming...
    You probably weren't there then when they announced the brand new LE expansion with a big speech (i was at the one held in omni-trade) where they explained what the deal is with the battlestations and because of which I suspect they don't want to remove the side vs side thing.

They made the side vs side battle in the battlestations the core concept of the LE "expansion", kinda hard changing that now. It'd be like changing the whole backstory of Shadowlands, if you get my meaning. But if I were them, i'd change it, rather than leave it in this sorry state it is now.
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Means, the biggest problem with BS is not level ranges. The simple biggest problem is that it is meaningless. Just another grind. How about finally coupling a few mechanics together liek.. OMG!

BS +OS!

Say, each side can initiate a special BS round every hour or so in every TL range. The server spams every toon that, say "Clan infestation detected in Orbital Armament Control Center, rally at xyz." Let these BS's run without oppositin if they have to. Whoever wins the round(s) gets to have OS in the given TL range, losers get squat. Of course make OS a bit more potent again.

Suddenly you have people _interested_ in both BS and NW. gg

Then, and maybe then you should touch pvp field ranges and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast