Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 18.4 Update Release Notes

Yeah I've the same problem with shop pixelation as Masta posted, also with an ATI card - but I disabled my ATI card while running AO and still had the problem :/
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalart View Post
    Please tell me this is sarcasm? It's a terrible change. How am I supposed to turn, on the move, while typing in chat now? If you can't handle holding down shift maybe you should l2spell, or just hit enter and correct it later with a *.
    Yeah, the other day I was trying to run and chat but it didn't go over so well. If you press up/down it goes to different lines without holding ctrl down too. I much preferred it when you had to hold down an additional key.

My laptop has an ATI Mobility Radeon 4200, and I'm not having those pixelation problems. I've tested windowed and fullscreen, no problems :/
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    My laptop has an ATI Mobility Radeon 4200, and I'm not having those pixelation problems. I've tested windowed and fullscreen, no problems :/
    You sound like you feel left out.

Wild guess, are you using new or old display drivers for it?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

anyone knows what the hotfix is all about?
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Funcom employee

Was some issues with some of our tools systems; luckily the guys managed to get around it without having to restart. Go tools team! =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

One thing I havent found out yet. Will the shop be updated continually, or will it require downtime and patching when you add new stuff to it?

And what about the prices? Will they change too, and how often?

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    And yet I haven't seen anyone with nvidia report this problem.

It's looking perfectly fine here on my PC with nvidia card.

So yes, I will stand by my earlier statement it's caused by an ATI driver bug.
    FC might be able to fix it with a workaround, but so far all reports seem to consistently point at ATI as the common factor.
    Vhab's ATI driver assumption seems correct to me too. We have a pair of Alienware M17x-R2 systems with the only major difference being one has a 1GB ATI 5870m & the other has a 1GB nVidia GTX285m (same CPU/RAM/Screen/etc.).

Only the ATI system experiences the visual distortion issue with the items shop.

As with many other ATI graphics card owners playing AO, the ATI system also has visual glitches with stuff at high distance & doors inside shops while the nVidia system shows everything as intended.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    while the nVidia system shows everything as intended.
    It doesn't.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    get more ar nubi
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    get more ar nubi
    It's 'cos of teh crappy piercing AR for mah claw.

this last patch seems to have jacked ao up for me somehow... ive gotten a few noname items and i keep falling through the apf zone after zoning from icc... its impossible to move without falling ive installed and reinstalled ao three times patch for this fix coming out soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    One thing I havent found out yet. Will the shop be updated continually, or will it require downtime and patching when you add new stuff to it?

And what about the prices? Will they change too, and how often?
    very good questions, id like to hear the answer to these aswell
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    turn off forced AA in driver settings and artifactes will disappear, but w/o AA it sux too )

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikeep View Post
    turn off forced AA in driver settings and artifactes will disappear, but w/o AA it sux too )
    Indeed. It worked. Looks like crap without AA, true.

Yay, just died, because I was attacked while I had a social item equipped in the hand, no opportunity to fight back, and no opportunity to unequipped the item..

That sure makes AO fun to play.
    [/sarcasm]

Maybe allow people to at least remove items in hands, so they are able to fight back, when attacked?
    Not that I understand why you made that limitation first hand..

Unkind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Yay, just died, because I was attacked while I had a social item equipped in the hand, no opportunity to fight back, and no opportunity to unequipped the item..
    I can't believe no one thought of that. Cmon really? -.-
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    So, why did you have an item equipped in social weapon slot when you were knowingly in a situation with combat possibility? While being able to swap items in social slots is a new 'feature', you've never been able to attack with a social weapon equipped, so that death was your own fault I'd say.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    So, why did you have an item equipped in social weapon slot when you were knowingly in a situation with combat possibility? While being able to swap items in social slots is a new 'feature', you've never been able to attack with a social weapon equipped, so that death was your own fault I'd say.
    Make sure you don't use those new banners or dock guns in a city, there might be a alien/pumpkinhead event that can attack you!
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Run into a shop and you're safe, unequip social weapon, exit, and kill.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast