Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You or your allies can not be in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    and anything that would REQUIRE me to do that is poor design. plain and simple.

Especially when it's as easy as making the hp/np healing function as long as you don't have agg (same as now), and making the rest (full hp, debuff removal) function only when noone is fighting.. win-win all the way.
    Brilliant!
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Oh no, pvm content got a little bit harder. Woe to us. Most other games do not even support the kind of healing items AO has, nor can you use recharge items while in combat, only lowly healing potions.
    That's because most other games have some sort of out of combat healing system in place. In AO, that's not viable until the upper end of the level range for most people due to the stats required for faster HD/ND ticks.

I think it's ridiculous, this late in the game, to force everybody back into RK missions and SL statics through the level range to function. Just another time sink, yay.

Semi-off topic, but it also costs a small fortune now on some toons to keep them in stims, not cool.

Ridiculous. Two steps forward 2 miles back..

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    Guess I'll just delete my lowbie doc, since it is next to impossible to keep up with the nano cost. Old chargers at least let me do some quick nano charging even when team were going ahead, or just not even having pause from agro at some situations...
    All nano using lowbie toons must use Neleb's rod, I guess. One of my orgmates is convinced that this is FC's way of making us all spend ip in first aid. Minimally usable sit-down kits + high FA reqs on the new stims = another ip sink. I have to say, it is plausible but it certainly does put a strain on low level toons.

Hah! At least now MPs have a purpose.

Actually this move was FC trying to find a reason not to remove MPs completely. It might prod people into teaming MPs a lil' more probably.

Taking into account the rebalancing, this move does make some sense
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

I like that such requirement has been developpes but I never felt the need to have full recovery after a fight. Other players are pure entropy. If anything it should has the old hp+np+virus scanner effects when the team fights, so we don't have to carry old kits and get a partial recovery.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    You can still find them in missions.
    Who does those in 2011? Convert that lootable (full) to dailies imo w massive increase in stacknumber

Why you remove old ones from shops anyway :P our twinks!

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    New kits are awsome, make them check only your zone and its fixed.
    Or vicinity...running a little back and forth has never hurt anyone and is action
    Last edited by Lletah; Oct 7th, 2011 at 23:22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    I would honestly disagree to that: sitting in combat and healing while others fight is already addressed with sit-aggro. Many times i have jumped up in the hatelist of a mob when i was sitting down to heal up/nano up.
    PVP

SL the recharges were not quick bursts of nano/health so it is irrelevant there. On RK...maybe max nano recharging took a hit for froobs? I am sure froobs serious about their RK content will continue to do missions for the 126+ nano and health rechargers they have been doing missions for anyways.

If anything has been nerfed it is the duration in which I am sitting down and healing up on my toons between fights. Soldiers especially should be happy about this.

In pf's you can get and keep agg from looots of slow-running, static or unkillable mobs. Silly idea.

Rather be clever and add a more suitable (not insane) lockout for these special ones.

The new kits are perfectly all right to heal up between battles. The mistake is to take the old ones out of shop, it is the most basic equipment we all must use, from level 1 and up.

I'm disappointed in the new packs.

Don't add in re-balance items, until re-balance please. You're messing up the current game even more.

ah better get used to it - there just giving you a feeling for the lvl of cluster when the butchering sorry sorry "balancing" goes live
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 9th, 2011 at 03:14:48. Reason: removed obscenities

Got healing bloked or the team because a mob had unfortunate parhing and got blocked by a wall.

Also I went to lox to fetch some ql250 ones and I have to say no to this pricetag. Really ? 8m for 25 stims ? Makes me consider reseting first aid.

I say it again, there is plenty of good ideas in there still, it's almost great.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I only see one real problem, and a lot of knee-jerk whining.

There's currently no reason to buy treatment kits above QL 1, this can easily be fixed as many people have already suggested, by allowing the initial pulse while teammates are in-combat, and only enabling the debuff-removal and percentage-heal when everyone's out of combat. This may result in some wasted kits, but since QL1 kits can be used for this purpose, it's not an issue.

As for the prices, effectiveness, etc. of the new stims, they're fine. They're much more effective than the old RK and SL stims, to get a similar effect you buy a stim 50-100 QLs lower. If you compare the prices of the old SL stims with the (lower QL remember) new stims, the prices are very similar. If 8m for 25 stims is too much, maybe you should consider lower QLs, or some farming? High QL SL stims and kits are EXTREMELY easy to farm, you simply need to invest in some breaking and entering and pharma-tech.

I suggest to remove all the current packs / stims, etcetera ..from the game and then implement only 2 packs / stims:
    1 pack/stim for gaining nano (at any location and minus the "allies are in combat"-component)
    1 pack/stim for gaining hp (at any location and minus the "allies are in combat"-component)

Or even better:
    1 pack/stim to gain nano and hp and the same time (at any location and minus the "allies are in combat"-component)

I am aware that AO is a complex game, but I assume that most people like basic-things as "recharging nano/hp" to be "simple" and not extreme complex (including a farming component) like it is now.

In my opininion: this new "recharge-system" will only have the result that players will leave the game.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpaul View Post
    In my opininion: this new "recharge-system" will only have the result that players will leave the team.
    Fixed!
    (Although, you might be right as well.)
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

The reason why the new rechargers have the allied characters not in combat check is because it will completely regain your full health and nano within 20 seconds, it also removes most debuffs affecting you. this is way too powerful to use in combat.
    It hit the most hard pvm leveling contents. In pvp, it is not nescessairy to be in the same team, or even in team. Ppl can also doing leave/invite to bypass the rule and having new overpowered all-in-one recharger. Only the pvm and leveling content type really need to be in team every moment because of xp gain sharing.

We need other changes to our game systems before we can remove out of combat healing in combat completely.
    Does this mean that "all nano and hp regain through stims/kits while a pet or teammate is in combat" will be removed?
    (I suppose stims will still be able to do that right?)

When I saw the high nanocosts in the rebalance documents I was thinking that this looks promising: it means that more active nano recharging (instead of passive nano delta) would be needed which I believe to be good. Especially the sitting ones are interesting since sitting causes agg.
    Something else that sounded promising is the option to use rechargers in SL that recharge a nice bunch of nano instantly. It would make it possible to nerf nano delta (without this casters in SL wouldn't have enough nano if not for nano delta).

But now this? I really don't see where this is going... I really hope you guys have some genial ideas so that all this nonsense will turn out to be great. But it's hard to keep my faith and everyday I don't see some "reasoning behind changes" I lose more faith :(.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by espilir View Post
    That's because most other games have some sort of out of combat healing system in place. In AO, that's not viable until the upper end of the level range for most people due to the stats required for faster HD/ND ticks.

I think it's ridiculous, this late in the game, to force everybody back into RK missions and SL statics through the level range to function. Just another time sink, yay.

Semi-off topic, but it also costs a small fortune now on some toons to keep them in stims, not cool.
    How does AO not have that with these new kits? They cost almost nothing compared to the amount of health they regenerate. 1 stack will heal you to full HP 50 times and cost like 5k. As long as you're out of combat. Just like Food and Water in say, World of Warcraft or Rift.

So there's some tweaking to be done to the way it counts who's in a fight, but exactly who is it and why is it that are being forced into RK missions and SL statics?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    I only see one real problem, and a lot of knee-jerk whining.

There's currently no reason to buy treatment kits above QL 1, this can easily be fixed as many people have already suggested, by allowing the initial pulse while teammates are in-combat, and only enabling the debuff-removal and percentage-heal when everyone's out of combat. This may result in some wasted kits, but since QL1 kits can be used for this purpose, it's not an issue.

As for the prices, effectiveness, etc. of the new stims, they're fine. They're much more effective than the old RK and SL stims, to get a similar effect you buy a stim 50-100 QLs lower. If you compare the prices of the old SL stims with the (lower QL remember) new stims, the prices are very similar. If 8m for 25 stims is too much, maybe you should consider lower QLs, or some farming? High QL SL stims and kits are EXTREMELY easy to farm, you simply need to invest in some breaking and entering and pharma-tech.
    Bump.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast