Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

As it seems with the BS and their current lack of run time, this is only due to server population, and trying to make them run more, one way would be to merge some of the level ranges, not seperate them more. This simply wont bring more people to the game, but everyone seems to want their twinks on top of the food chain, and still not pay the price of having the BS actually running.

How ever much you tweek the ranges, no more people will play for now, so my suggestion would simply be, allow the BS to run with 2 or more people from each side. This should solve many of the problems, and create a few new ones, but atleast the BS would run more, if not a bit slower and purposeless at times.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

would be fun to see an optional 150 thru 220 all in one BS, on different tiers. e.g.-3 levels, 9 cap points but you can only cap on the level(s) your range is. and the spiral in core actually does something like take you to the next tier.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    would be fun to see an optional 150 thru 220 all in one BS, on different tiers. e.g.-3 levels, 9 cap points but you can only cap on the level(s) your range is. and the spiral in core actually does something like take you to the next tier.

Nice Idea - problem would be osb i guess
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

I would love a BS like the one in "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Klanbear View Post
    Nice Idea - problem would be osb i guess
    I'd say, allow OSB's in decon, but once outside gas level restrictions could negate that problem.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I like the 175-220 idea, but I think I like the 150-220 even more.

The problem people are trying to solve with their ranges is two-fold:

1. Making sure the twinks they spent weeks-months in making (oftentimes with a considerable amount of cash too) is not suddenly becoming obsolete.

2. Making sure BS always runs, which is far from it atm.

To me, BS is the end-game in PVP, as it's the only thing that runs. Making sure it always runs with new ranges would be a major win.

Means and FC team... just look at things and differances in lvls 99 and 100. If you want to make a change, please be wise and DO as I sugessted in ealrier threads:

61-99
    100-150.

Just two of many things:
    - Tl4 (1k Tokens)
    - Jobe implants.

There is NO Way any lvl 90 sellfbuffed will get a chance vs any other lvl 100 (outcluding Shades ofc) in BS - and I mean twinks...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

a bump for Gatester's suggestion..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    10-30, so no pvp for my level one and we still have Notum Repulsor twinks killing everyone as well as abusing zap nano (perks that do not require "in combat" to use and also do not damage a target will not unconceal you).

31 to 60 will be running consistently.

61 to 100 will almost never run, two dead levels combined equals a beaten dead level, but not sure what else could be down without extending the range to 60-100.

101 to 150 and 151 to 175, you made 101-150 run occasionally and pretty much killed 151-174 battlestation. You seperated two large groups of BS participants meaning you crippled the population needed to start them. You will have a very hard time finding enough 151-174 tower twinks wanting to work on acquiring VP at the same time to start this level.

175 to 214, froobs are screwed again, sector 7 twinks that would have populated a lower level get slaughtered, 207 gank toons get to spawn camp all day, leveling toons will actually not participate because they get farmed to death and just level instead of getting VP for ofab.

215 to 220, cutting down population even further, not too much, but enough to make BS rounds slightly less frequent.

My new suggested range is:

1 to 24
    25 to 55
    56 to 100 (Yes a 56 twink can do fine)
    101 to 159
    160 to 200
    201 to 220

No Notum Repulsor at the lowest BS, I do not care if you keep the minimum 10 range but that perk is way too strong to be allowed.

The 25 to 55 range will run, that is the bulk of tl2 twinks.

56 is the beginning of a tier of tower wars twinks and including 60's might actually get that range to run.

Increasing the next to 159 actually includes some leveling pvmers and will help the round run more often without a major skill difference.

160 to 200 will allow you to group the pre-SL inferno levelers as well as allowing froobs a fair battlestation to pvp in that will also run. The sector 7 twinks also need to be the highest point to include players that will be twinking into 300 ofabs and attempting ai 30.

By putting all the shadowlevels in a single BS, it will run more often, 207 twinks can have a place for pvp outside of towers and ganking, and you will generally maintain a fair level of players due to 201+ leveling much more easily to higher or safer levels and strong gear that opens at 201+
    I was looking forward to seeing those level one twinks get a chance to pvp against much higher levels. It would be nice to see them included.

Also, 160 to 200 would at least give me a reason to bring my 200 froob to BS occasionally, which I guess would up the chances of it actually running. This would provide fodder for the leveling 160s as well as a challenge for the 200 froobs.

What about skip stupid Battlestations as it is and fix pvp range tl5-tl7 outside BS finally?!!!
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

here's a proposal, with good & bad points (all proposal have some neways .. :
    1-39
    40-89
    90-124
    125-169
    170-206
    207-220

as the main issues was the particular levels (60, 100, 150) were complaining to be the lowest of theirs, but considering they shouldn't be the strongest for challenge, i tried to put them in middle of higher and lower opponents.
    also there's no reason to exclude level 1, but no point of making a very lowbie BS that will rarely or never run (e.g. 1-10 ..), why i made a 1-39.
    following this reasoning, 89 seemed a logical breaking point, as 124 and 169.
    207 popped out because of access to MR for troxes, making them too unbalanced to tl5s.
    of course this setting had weakpoints, but it's succeeding in making 6 BS for 220 levels without breaking the game too much.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

So...

1-39 - imagine lvl 1 running from point to point... Ten years later.
    40-89 - You still forgot major thing which is in game - TWINKS! Means, they are at particular lvl for some reason and I highly doubt, that players will lvl them or redo, just to have "few" more fights...
    90-124 - While it aint that bad, still keep in mind TL4 boost!
    125-169 - I agree with that
    170-206 - Again, they are fr00bs ingame at lvl 200, which would like to seem their chars usefull at BS
    207-220 - its ok.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    following this reasoning, 89 seemed a logical breaking point, as 124 and 169.
    207 popped out because of access to MR for troxes, making them too unbalanced to tl5s.
    That's just saving "twink" levels again... setting in stone what has already been twinking level for ages.

I think that current twinks need a jolt even though it would upset some of them... And before starting to shout stuff like "pvm carebear", I do have a +170 agent, 168 advie and had a 174 engie (quite OP if you get the hang on how to play it right) and 170 NT (just to cover some FOTM professions, though it was my first paid character back in 2004).

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    So...

1-39 - imagine lvl 1 running from point to point... Ten years later.
    Pointless comparison... I doubt you'd find a level 1 in such a range, unless it'd be like lvl 1-10.

40-89 - You still forgot major thing which is in game - TWINKS! Means, they are at particular lvl for some reason and I highly doubt, that players will lvl them or redo, just to have "few" more fights...
    Lvl 40 - ql 75 AI armor tops; 150-160sh imps average
    Level 89 - ql +115 AI armor; ql 200 imps for sure and a lot more IP to spare

Imbalanced just like 150-200

90-124 - While it aint that bad, still keep in mind TL4 boost!
    Still some imbalances, but nothing that bad like 150-200

125-169 - I agree with that
    126 enf faced with a 168 adventured:

- tl4 AI armor vs 255 AI armor
    - max ql 200 aad imps vs max ql 250 aad imps
    - ql 160-170 imps vs ql 230 imps
    - AI15 vs AI22/23 and the perk power upgrade for weapon lines (COLA, COLI, COHA or COHI) and CONC line
    - the IP difference

Worse than even 150-200 range

170-206 - Again, they are fr00bs ingame at lvl 200, which would like to seem their chars usefull at BS
    Any level 170 vs any 206 level that includes:

- +20 levels spare IP, 10 extra regular levels skills increase with IP and, to top it all, 6 extra Shadow-knowledge levels
    - some OP huds vs. TL5 toons - Albtraum tuner for example
    - research maybe

Talk about 150-200 imbalance... sheesh!

207-220 - its ok.
    Any 210 vs any decent 220 endgame toon is just cannon fodder so meh...

Watching the former thread's suggestions and the current player suggestions makes me think that Mean's first suggestions were somewhat better thought out and were limiting the lack of balance between lower/top levels in each range.

And yes... current twinks DO deserve a jolt from their current position!!! We wouldn't want the game to stagnate too much though, would we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Somewhere, an engi logged in, and several soldiers just magically fell over dead.

Quote Originally Posted by drlongfellow View Post
    why not make it 175-220. it allows people in lvl 175-209 range a good way to actually farm vp. adds cannon fodder for 220's. i see it as a win win situation.

Id bring my lvl 180-190ish chars to it be fast way to get vp to gear them out in ofab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Actually 175-220 is not a bad idea.
    220's would just love to kill 175 mechs all day.

If people do not have a chance, they resort to annoying and lazy.

175 or 219, it's the same tbh, it will still be a cannon fodder for an endgame 220.

I look at it from the other way round, where I know when I'm on my 175s+ it's a bloody death valley from 175 till 210. Inf only if you got friends, since Pen is a desert, forget APF, and BS never runs.

At least we will be able to complete some additional dailies on those lowbies, and somewhat participate in something like a BS etc.

Fix me.

Hi Means.

I'm just wondering when there will be a fix out for all the bugged transfer toons. Transfered my shade probably close to, if not, over 2 weeks ago now and am still waiting for any sign of a fix. Usually bugs of this magnitude are sorted pretty quickly. However I have heard no mention of it in FwM and GMs continue to tell me that there is no known timeframe for a fix. Whats goin on?

Cheers.

make it sound like how bs used to be on LE release in that case sounds actually really fun like old times when whompa's meant certain death and people actually went in apt's in spaces between whompas to hold back the zergs. Would also help alot against 4 capping.
    Drlongfellow - 220/25 Doc
    Longfellow - 220/23 Enf
    Majorguns - 220/27 Fixer

101-149
    150-174

Making a BS for 101-150 is basically making a 150 only BS or in other words - when the 150s will come everyone else will leave.

150-174 would be action packed imo..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by metafizis View Post
    lol
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    ROFLMAOOL

dude, you just made my day. can't believe i laughed so hard, now the boss is wondering why i am laughing red faced at blank desktop. Grrrr....
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

So I've got a question I'd have liked to ask at the party, but I couldn't be there

Yes this is partly a test to see how far through threads the Powers That Be read before giving up.

Will NVidea's 3D software be supported in AO? Let me clarify a bit: I'm not expecting AO to be fully 3D, but right now starting the same with the software running causes a total crash. Login screen appears, you log in, select a character and wham! Once the 3D window kicks in it dies. It would be nice to at least make it so the window doesn't crash your computer so even in 3D mode you can run the 2D game. Now a rumor I've heard is that WoW got behind the 3D technology; I can't confirm this (never played that messy cartoon excuse for entertainment) but the rumors say that when you run WoW in 3D you get the basic game technically running in 3D, but appearing just 2D (or as much 2D as it appears now). The beauty is that because the game is technically in 3D mode they can pull the HUD just half a centimeter above the screen, this tricks the eye into believing the entire game world is in 3D without having to render it as such, because the obviously flat HUD floats above the 'imitation 3D' game it enhances the depth of the 2D image in the screen.

Now let's all be thankful there itsn't a naturally observable 4th dimension or that would have been REALLY confusing!
    Last edited by Scabadus; Sep 21st, 2010 at 20:00:25.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast