Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Quite a refreshing attitude to see someone communicate actual answers and ideas and motivations rather than just silence.
    Yeah? I remember we all said the same thing when Means took over. How'd that work out?

Friday With Means , Week 984.

Coffee machine in our office is acting weird.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Friday With Means , Week 984.

Coffee machine in our office is acting weird.
    I just checked. It is fine. You scared me bad there....
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I just checked. It is fine. You scared me bad there....
    I guess my attempt at sabotage did not succeed after all

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I guess my attempt at sabotage did not succeed after all
    A broken coffee machine is a Swedish office...don't even joke!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

If you'd move the Swedish office out of the coffee machine, it may not break.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Hunni View Post
    If you'd move the Swedish office out of the coffee machine, it may not break.
    It's the new Ikea office furniture line. Full office for 10 employees, fits inside a coffee machine. Extreme space saving! And, the slackers get processed into the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Which? Far as I've seen, the communication has been quite honest and direct when it's taken place since Ilaliya came onboard. Quite a refreshing attitude to see someone communicate actual answers and ideas and motivations rather than just silence. Now, if only we had patches that weren't just preparation for the coming changes. But I guess we can't have it any other way.
    I won't bother to detail for you a complete list - though SL quest rewards & wandering Nomads come readily to mind. I'm not even talking about ninja changes; I'm talking about devs making decisions that are counter-intuitive, largely unexpected, and cause the playerbase to do a double-take. Put succinctly: a curveball.

The producer has said that the free month "would be better to do later in the year." It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to decide that they won't offer it at all (e.g. engine gets pushed back to next year). Maybe they'll offer a free month, maybe they won't. Maybe they won't have time, I don't know. For you to assert that "free month will happen later in the year" is laughable, as if you know.

tl;dr Protip: "would" and "will" have two very different meanings. Please stop putting words in the devs' mouths.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    It's the new Ikea office furniture line. Full office for 10 employees, fits inside a coffee machine. Extreme space saving! And, the slackers get processed into the coffee.
    Sounds more like a Chinese sweat shop than a Swedish office imo.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I won't bother to detail for you a complete list - though SL quest rewards & wandering Nomads come readily to mind. I'm not even talking about ninja changes; I'm talking about devs making decisions that are counter-intuitive, largely unexpected, and cause the playerbase to do a double-take. Put succinctly: a curveball.

The producer has said that the free month "would be better to do later in the year." It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to decide that they won't offer it at all (e.g. engine gets pushed back to next year). Maybe they'll offer a free month, maybe they won't. Maybe they won't have time, I don't know. For you to assert that "free month will happen later in the year" is laughable, as if you know.

tl;dr Protip: "would" and "will" have two very different meanings. Please stop putting words in the devs' mouths.
    Ah, but I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth, I'm just relaying them. As the post you yourself linked to said the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    It's nothing so conspiratorial. Obviously you can't give away too many free months in a year, and we felt for various reasons it would be better to do later in the year.
    While you are correct that would and will are two different words, then you are incorrect in your understanding that the word would refers to whether or not they are going to have a free month or not. Rather, would in this sentence refers to the merit of having the free month later in the year.

Also, I don't recall what was up about SL quest rewards etc., doesn't strike me as anything too important as I played through all kinds of stuff here when there was no reward for doing so.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

*ahem*

"A broken coffee machine IN a Swedish office....don't even joke!"

Though the typo'd version did lead to more fun
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

*ahem*

"A broken coffee machine IN a Swedish office....don't even joke!"

Though the typo'd version did lead to more fun
    Are there any office w/o a coffee machine?
    Last edited by lainbr; Jun 26th, 2012 at 11:23:35. Reason: grammar nazi
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Are there any office w/o a coffee machine?
    There are. Everyone tends to avoid them, if they aren't actively trying to forget/block out their existence.
    But don't worry. You'll know immediately if you should have accidently stepped into such an office. First, there'll be a cold sudder creeping down your back, followed by a distinct feeling that there's someone with a sharp battle axe behind you. Turning around slowly, you'll notice that that distict coffee machine spot is empty, and the urge to run out of the office hands up in the air & shrieking will take care of the rest
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

I must say that I am really impressed with the effort that went into celebrating AO's birthday this year.

Should we commend the developers for spending so little effort on the birthday celebration so that they may continue their work on the re-balance and new graphics engine or was everyone on summer vacation? This years birthday seemed a little less than past years.

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but. Patch notes says that mp and crat pets no longer have timers. Ceo doesn't but carlo still does.

Carlo isn't a pet. It is a charm.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Carlo isn't a pet. It is a charm.
    so's carlita but she doesnt expire...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    so's carlita but she doesnt expire...
    They made a mistake. Carlita should expire.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    They made a mistake. Carlita should expire.
    Or Carlo shouldn't. For all intents and purposes it's a pet, simply stored under the charm line to prevent you from using charms while that pet is active.

Imo that is.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I disagree. Keeping up with timers on charms is part of being a good crat.
    Facebook

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast