Thread: Adopt a Newbie

Adopt a Newbie

So.. I have some time on my hands and figure it would be fun to 'Adopt a Newbie'. I'm always entertained by watching someone else learn/discover the game for the first time. In a way it always sends me back to the reason why I love AO.

A few things about me:
    - I've played the game, more on than off, for over 10 years.
    - I have a 220 of every profession except MA, Keeper and Agent
    - I've led numerous raid groups in every area of the game except DB3.
    - I have a teaching spirit in games and enjoy helping others become the best player they can be.
    - I'm currently working on getting my now TL6 MA up to 220. No other major projects outside of that toon.

About you:
    - You're a new, returning or less experienced player
    - You are a paid player.
    - You are primarily focusing on one toon.
    - You're planning to play the game for awhile. Not asking for a one year commitment but I'll be investing quite a bit of time in you so I'd prefer it not be wasted on someone that's around another month and leaves.
    - You're not looking for hand-outs and have a desire to learn and are open to suggestions/ideas.
    - You're trying to gear up as you level, keeping up to date on weapons, imps/symbs, armor and nanos so that you're always doing your best.
    - You have a desire to participate in team content (i.e. leveling teams, raids, etc).
    - You don't believe in exploiting/cheating in games.
    - You are a fairly nice person. Sarcasm/humor is fine but racist/sexist/hate speech is not.
    - Your primary play time is US Evenings.
    - You are willing to use voice chat (teamspeak). [This is pretty critical because I really don't mind answering questions but I'm not going to type out pages worth of answers, under any circumstances.]

Please note: I prefer someone that is Clan though also open to a neutral. Most of my toons (overwhelming majority) are Clan and the toon I'm working on is Clan. I really don't have issue with someone that is Omni but I rarely/never play my 220 Omni toon so it would be pretty tough for me to help out with a lot of things.

What I am willing to do:
    - Answer questions. I don't know everything but I know quite a bit about the game. If there is something I don't know, I can always help you find the answer or tap into a friend's knowledge that can serve as a resource.
    - Leveling buddy: I'll be doing a lot of leveling since I'm working on my MA so that'll make your team level time go easier.
    - Raids: There are public raidbots out there but if you want someone to tag along with you for the first time (so you aren't lost) or even want to learn how to lead the raids yourself.. I can help with that.
    - Resources: No, this isn't a "I'm going to gear your toon for you" type of situation but I do have a lot of items, credits and 220 toons. That means when you need some high level support, I'll more than likely be able to provide it.

If you are seriously interested in taking advantage of this awesome opportunity then you can either post in this thread or send me a forum PM directly.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 17th, 2014 at 22:17:40. Reason: Removed level requirement
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

i'm pretty sure the "new people" that come to AO are old players who quit the game and came back
    i haven't seen a true new player who never played this game for like 3 years
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    i haven't seen a true new player who never played this game for like 3 years
    They dont afk at bor grid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Well I did say new, returning or less experienced. You'd be surprised how many people have TL7's and never really raided.. that includes ex-froobs that went paid and such that are completely new to SL and beyond.
    You can find me at:

I love this idea Jill!

2 thumbs up!
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Good old memories

I did something like that over 10 years ago and I have very warm memories.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=213875

I could do it again but the real problem is finding genuine newbies in AO.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

It is a nice idea, but it's true there pretty much are no "true" noobs anymore :/
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Its auctually false to say there aint any froobs nowadays. As i do stuff like Jill a lot ingame i can assure you there are a lot of true froobs in the noob island - just thetransition to RK and SL is so hard without help that many of em get lost on that step.

I like the idea and sure up to help with it Jill!
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

Quote Originally Posted by Iorekzix View Post
    Its auctually false to say there aint any froobs nowadays. As i do stuff like Jill a lot ingame i can assure you there are a lot of true froobs in the noob island - just thetransition to RK and SL is so hard without help that many of em get lost on that step.

I like the idea and sure up to help with it Jill!
    Froob and noob are not the same thing.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Froob and noob are not the same thing.
    It is however, the exact place we do lose newbies tho. If we could catch people at this point of the game we'd be much more likely to have a healthier playerbase & more subs for the coffers...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

As an update. I did adopt someone When I encountered him, his doctor was level 55 (so a bit lower than my original requirement, but that's ok). He is a returning player that has stopped by AO a couple times (first pre-NW days and again around SL time) but never really made it far in the game. I'll check with him in game later and see if he's ok with the mention of any other details or wants to stop by the thread for himself.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    As an update. I did adopt someone When I encountered him, his doctor was level 55 (so a bit lower than my original requirement, but that's ok). He is a returning player that has stopped by AO a couple times (first pre-NW days and again around SL time) but never really made it far in the game. I'll check with him in game later and see if he's ok with the mention of any other details or wants to stop by the thread for himself.
    I'm kinda intrigued to see how it pans out.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Hi I'm new, CSS please

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    - You are willing to use voice chat (teamspeak or ventrilo).
    You never talk to me on voice chat

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You never talk to me on voice chat
    That's because you're so hot that I don't want to put myself around the temptation.
    (But seriously, I'm on AOSpeak a lot. Could always poke me on Steam to join and you have my vent noob)
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    I'm kinda intrigued to see how it pans out.
    Not quite as expected. The guy is so independent that outside of asking me a few well researched questions.. he doesn't really need any help.

But anyway.. glad to provide the little bit of 'help' he needs I guess
    You can find me at:

I recently came back with a small pile of friends. Wife, best friend. We're all old & married.

At one point, I had 90% of the database memorized memorized, twinking 7 ways from sunday. We could start characters on a friday and level to 130 by sunday evening.

That said, we never hit end game. Highest I had, a 180 Something Engy.

Now we're starting again, we're going to shoot for 220 and beyond.

I'd love some pointers on where to go in the second half of the game if you're up for it
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by -Ruken- View Post
    I recently came back with a small pile of friends. Wife, best friend. We're all old & married.

At one point, I had 90% of the database memorized memorized, twinking 7 ways from sunday. We could start characters on a friday and level to 130 by sunday evening.

That said, we never hit end game. Highest I had, a 180 Something Engy.

Now we're starting again, we're going to shoot for 220 and beyond.

I'd love some pointers on where to go in the second half of the game if you're up for it
    Definitely If I'm online playing these days I'm normally on Judojill. Traderjill is typically afk at oag so if you want to poke me to find out what toon I'm on you can always send me a forum PM.
    You can find me at:

If you're really seeking new players and not people that reroll or returning, perhaps it would be an idea to post on other forums. An example would be the AO MMORPG.com forums or other forums. Great idea and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.