Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet snare landing on ourself.

Pet snare landing on ourself.

Hello All

I did pvp alilttle yesterday, and I found out that our pet snare (the ql199 one here)
    is now landing on me all the time.(just stadning still in borealis, and it land on me....)

So now it's not just a zone problem anymore.
    212 Engineer with the best pet's I can cast.

I have talked with an ARK, but I just want to announce it here also.

hope to see a fix soon. it realy break the pvpexperince for engineers :/

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Hello All

I did pvp alilttle yesterday, and I found out that our pet snare (the ql199 one here)
    is now landing on me all the time.(just stadning still in borealis, and it land on me....)

So now it's not just a zone problem anymore.
    212 Engineer with the best pet's I can cast.

I have talked with an ARK, but I just want to announce it here also.

hope to see a fix soon. it realy break the pvpexperince for engineers :/
    Could you post some more details on this one, just tried to reproduce this one myself quickly and didnt seem to be able to snare myself with a pet snare. Some steps to reproduce would be great.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

old news, nothing to do with this patch. more info on the engi forum. it isnt something that you can realy do on comand, it has to do with server client sync being off and the pet spending time as an everyday mob and not having an owner, that makes to snare everyone in the area as well as the owner flaged or not, it just gets worse and hapins more often when youre flaged
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-12-25 14:21:14

It will remain playable until : 2006-12-27 15:12:16

Quote Originally Posted by lolbbq View Post
    old news, nothing to do with this patch. more info on the engi forum. it isnt something that you can realy do on comand, it has to do with server client sync being off and the pet spending time as an everyday mob and not having an owner, that makes to snare everyone in the area as well as the owner flaged or not, it just gets worse and hapins more often when youre flaged
    We know it happens on occasion when zoning and when flagged, but the above suggests it was constant and happening 'normally' I need to check whether that is the case or not
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Could you post some more details on this one, just tried to reproduce this one myself quickly and didnt seem to be able to snare myself with a pet snare. Some steps to reproduce would be great.
    Im not sure, but I have been dead 1 or 2 times with the pets(they just follow).
    I did still have the command over them thro. I tryed to do a follow on them, but they did still snare me.

The snare also check against ur NR, so if U have high nano resist it will not land on you.

So silirrion reset ur NR take off HH@B

The snare program was running on both the pets.

I will try to see if I can reproduce it today.

edit: The toon is Builderbabe on RK1, if U wanted to copy her

Naa the old news is with zoning! This is happening then you are just standing still.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We know it happens on occasion when zoning and when flagged, but the above suggests it was constant and happening 'normally' I need to check whether that is the case or not
    but what im saying is it happens without zoning and without being flaged

pets can be funky, depending on how bad the sync is you can sometimes even tab them even well they still follow your comands. when the sync goes bad the server registers them as mobs

most of the time when this happens it registers them as sided mobs(omni/clan/nuet) and it will effect anyone from the other side or anyone thats flaged

when sync gets REALLY bad it registers then as unsided mobs and will snare anyone regardless of side or flag

it only happens a lot well zoning because your pets zone in first sometimes and because you havent zoned in it has no owner betwean the time pet is there alone and the time it re connects to the owner

honistly its kind of pointless to even try and fix it, this same problem has been in the game from day one but had a difrent effect (back when pets auto aggred when disconnected from the owner your pets would attack you or random people if sync was bad, the only resson this doesnt happen anymore is because pets no longer attack without an owner)

hope this makes sense and doesnt make you eyes bleed too much from reading it im tired
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Naa the old news is with zoning! This is happening then you are just standing still.
    ive had this happen from day one of the pet snares being put in game, even before flags
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

ive had this happen from day one of the pet snares being put in game, even before flags
    Oh, but this is deffently the first time I have been expirence this!

I will try a crowded area and a nonecrowded area to test this.

Oh, but this is deffently the first time I have been expirence this!

I will try a crowded area and a nonecrowded area to test this.
    get killed a few times and keep the same pets and play over a wireless net conection with 256 RAM and you can do it all you want lol
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

I also tend to think this isn't something new, unless you can reproduce it over and over again. I wont say it is extremly common, but I saw this once or twice.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

And its far from Uncommon :\

It's been so long since i helped Blondengy or Soriana test this after the patch where it was introduced, along with the pet debuffs land on teammates and the engineer getting flagged from flagged team members etc.

It's been a while since i played my Engineer since im dead tired of having to base my gameplay around numerous workarounds for broken mechanics that are likely to never get fixed.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

well the work around is pretty easy...just use the snare buff remover when youre running around not doing anything, if youre pvping youre going to be flaged anyways and if youre SKing it doest realy matter if you get flaged

only thing id like to see FC do is make the snare buff remover insta recharge and the snare buffs insta cast so we can kill the buffs and recast them easyer
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Could this be connected to the issue where your pets show up on tab? Sometimes when getting warped by mobs, your pets will be tab-able for everyone... including team mates and people your same side ( Clan / Omni). Seems like the pets are behaving like pets and mobs at the same time .. the may even attack team members .. even on /follow (noticed that in a AI raid with flaggs the other day )

Not able to reproduce it, but I think it happens when you get warped in a laggy environment. Its solved when zoning propperly tho.
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanuf View Post
    Could this be connected to the issue where your pets show up on tab?
    yes it is
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

ok ok.

FIRST TEST! Trade Grid HR3
    Pos: 62.2,64.0,14.0, PF: 3549731
    62.2 64.0 y 14.0 3549731
    Zone: 7, Area: Omni-Tek Virtual Training Ground, CharID: 50000:1011294471
    ServerID: 3042 UTC: Thu Sep 14 15:03:16 2006
    51102:950/1/3876588494/40016:3549731
    Suppression field at 75%. Wildlife may attack you.
    Version: 16.3.2_EP1. MapID: 16.3.2.2_05.09.2006_12.21.26

30sec after I enter holoworld I get my own snare!

I dont get it in trade at the grid.
    Pos: 435.0,567.0,5.0, PF: 710
    435.0 567.0 y 5.0 710
    Zone: 290, Area: Trade District, CharID: 50000:1011294471
    ServerID: 3040 UTC: Thu Sep 14 15:07:27 2006
    51100:710/0/0/40016:710

I do get it in borelis just at the grid.
    Pos: 633.3,736.4,66.4, PF: 800
    633.3 736.4 y 66.4 800
    Zone: 465, Area: Borealis, CharID: 50000:1011294471
    ServerID: 1130 UTC: Thu Sep 14 15:08:47 2006
    51100:800/0/0/40016:800

also in new land grid exit
    Pos: 1152.0,475.9,34.8, PF: 567
    1152.0 475.9 y 34.8 567
    Zone: 578, Area: Earsnest Forest, CharID: 50000:1011294471
    ServerID: 3062 UTC: Thu Sep 14 15:10:25 2006
    51100:567/0/0/40016:567

Pet: Battlefield Devastator Drone Level: 209
    Running:
    Omni-Pol Pacification Logic System
    Composite Physical Special Expertise (1 hour)
    Intrusive Aura of the Humble Servant

And I am flagged
    I dont have any nano program running on me.

ok it's not pet depended, the Predator M-30 Level: 100 do also snare me in borealis. (with same buffs running)
    It could be em all, but I dont think they have high enought AR to land it?

and Oh please all send a msg to Funkling for the nice gank while I was testing
    Last edited by lazarus; Sep 20th, 2006 at 07:29:44.

any news sil?

I had it last week, (not with that high pet, only a Slayer Guardian), had running the snare aura on it, entered athens and got flagged cause the snare aura affected a flagged player.
    The aura kept landing on me, and the more stupid thing.. it kept refreshing the flag... (every time the aura landed on me the flag got reset to 15 minutes).
    I petitioned for it and the ARK said "it worked as intended"...

Cancel the aura. You can at least avoid getting the flag refreshed and can wait it out.

Getting flagged when your aura hits a flagged person is "working as intended", although it's a bad design and leads to ganking by reclaim campers. Getting snared by your own pet is a bug.

But it's not new to this patch. Some patches definitely make it worse, though I haven't seen that myself this patch.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast