Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Monthly (ahem) Development Update - April 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I hope to <insert deity here> that by this you mean, you are investigating if you can move the veteran points and the shops corresponding items into a seperate section of the item store that runs off vet points, and is not in any way buyable by FC points.
    Why, when those items are just random social stuff that you could make a lot of money by selling, and give to veterans for free? Makes perfect sense...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

as a subscriber we GET 12 chars ??? no sir, we loose 4. and I am realy realy realy not happy with that

On my first and only toon to Pande I did not spend much time on Heckler XP. It was not until I tried to enter Pande I found out I needed more faction points. Fortunately I was with an INF team willing to help me out.

This is just something to keep in mind. I am not sure why there is a heckler faction requirement to enter Pande, I was unaware of any other playfields with that requirement. You might want to remove it, if you are encouraging players to level using Rubi-ka mobs.

Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I have no idea how you can be of the opinion that finding an odd vending machine randomly placed somewhere is a city is better than claming your veteran items directly from the itemshop. The mail terminals and itemshop is a lot easier to find for new players.
    Yes, because the VET SHOP is so aimed at new players...
    We would certainly not convert veteran points to funcom points. Veteran points would be its own currency in that case.
    So just as a thought-experiment, are you thinking of separate tab pages for vet shop items and regular items?
    Or two separate web-shops?
    However: We are discussing something which has not even been finalized design-wise and might not even happen. Just leave it for now. I will provide more details if we should decide to do this.
    Ehh... Actually input given early on in a design phase has more impact than trying to change already-made decisions so our comments/concerns now has a greater chance at..
    Oh, my bad...
    What was I thinking, player's input...
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

I still do not see the wisdom in releasing a new player experience before the engine/graphics update. Is it not obvious what is going to happen?

1. New player: oh gee wow, this looks kind of cool.
    2. They leave the new player experience zone.
    3. Oh gee wow, this looks kind of like **** now.
    4. Uninstall.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    You get your first veteran points after half a year, I would still consider you a new player after that amount of time. Maybe I'm just too hard core! :P Someone needs to balance out for Nusquam's nubiness hehe. <3

I also see nothing wrong with new players knowing that they get rewards if they become long time subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    confirmed: new players never become vets.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    This is just something to keep in mind. I am not sure why there is a heckler faction requirement to enter Pande, I was unaware of any other playfields with that requirement.
    All SL playfields, except Elysium and Nascence, require certain amounts of faction with Guardian of Shadow. Just now a days you might powerlevel so fast cause of other factors that you don't kill enough hecklers or whatever for guardian of shadow.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Apr 30th, 2013 at 22:56:50.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

You get your first veteran points after half a year, I would still consider you a new player after that amount of time. Maybe I'm just too hard core! :P Someone needs to balance out for Nusquam's nubiness hehe. <3

I also see nothing wrong with new players knowing that they get rewards if they become long time subscribers.
    Accordly Kintaii (check my sig) You are too hard core <3

I have no idea how you can be of the opinion that finding an odd vending machine randomly placed somewhere is a city is better than claming your veteran items directly from the itemshop. The mail terminals and itemshop is a lot easier to find for new players.
    Well... When you say "Put vet shop into item shop", we basically think "Merge/transfer vet points to paid points and move the items to itemshop to be bought with paid points" While we keep asking for new stuffs to spend vet points.
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... Seems you already said its gonna be in a separate tab and we will keep vet points
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

But I'll miss the current vet store! Where would we be without useless cyberdecks, overpriced beacon warps and giant foam hands!?

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    This is just something to keep in mind. I am not sure why there is a heckler faction requirement to enter Pande,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    All SL playfields, except Elysium and Nascence, require certain amounts of faction with Guardian of Shadow.
    It's not heckler faction for one. It's the faction of ergo... you know the portal guy that grants you access to the next zone. Hecklers are not the only mobs to give GoS faction.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I just want to say that screenies posted are not exciting in any way.
    They are the same or worse than what has been posted before.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I would like to point out that the TSW vet point items are in the regular item store. they use a separate currency, which is listed, but they are among the regular items. I dont think this is the best set up, but it works.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Bumping a thread with replies by FC employees.

I like the look of the NPE and the rest. Thanks for all the hard work on AO, you know who you are!! Glad to see your give and take with the Forum Hands/Gods Nusquam. Welcome indeed.

How is your AO toon coming along? If you need any help Ill be post a lvlling service for lvl 5 to 60 and maybe 70 for the diehards. Its 100 mil to 60 and includes warps to and fro. Maybe some of the dev team can lend you some creds. Just send a tell to contact in ad or post your name and Ill contact you ingame. Ciao!!

3: For paid points/phasefront points: You use them or lose them. Just as a side note: We will unlock some phasefront items in the itemshop for players who had paid points/phasefront points after patching in 18.7.
    Followup question:

Will this be like TSW, where we were given notice that all of our bonus points from preorder/grandmaster pack would be wiped, and then blocked from spending points on most of our characters in the time they were still supposedly available?
    Last edited by Keldros; May 1st, 2013 at 04:17:36.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Accordly Kintaii (check my sig) You are too hard core <3

Well... When you say "Put vet shop into item shop", we basically think "Merge/transfer vet points to paid points and move the items to itemshop to be bought with paid points"
    ... or we think about points for shop for points for sword box for sword to put sword in for sword.

IF we've been here a while, that is.

Hang on,

I just read AOC monthly update and TSW monthly update, and it was the same dude doing both of them.

Does that mean that the "Creative Director" is actually doing 3+ games at once?

No wonder stuff takes so long to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Hang on,

I just read AOC monthly update and TSW monthly update, and it was the same dude doing both of them.

Does that mean that the "Creative Director" is actually doing 3+ games at once?

No wonder stuff takes so long to get done.
    Ladies and Gentleman, Slow Poke Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman, Slow Poke Rodriguez.
    Ladies and Gentleman, Im a c00k!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast