Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Dunno what the point is to add to SQL
    No?

This are not your words? "Though, I wonder why they haven't redone the characterdatabase in recent years. Obviously as they can use the content, they can parse it, so why not parse it out of BLOBs and into a proper structure? Would've made things a lot easier."

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&postcount=82

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    No?

This are not your words? "Though, I wonder why they haven't redone the characterdatabase in recent years. Obviously as they can use the content, they can parse it, so why not parse it out of BLOBs and into a proper structure? Would've made things a lot easier."

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&postcount=82
    I don't understand what the relation is between this and making the point of saying t-sql, something very specific, instead of the broad nomenclature of SQL.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

He is really SQL narrowminded. I give up.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I really doubt FC cares about our views on how to store data. Lets get back on track and slam them for lack of content, no re-balance, and no graphics upgrade.

If FC really wanted us to know the progress we would see a list of things completed and some pictures or videos. So far the only proof we have is a short video. Well guess what, we have seen several videos of "new graphic engines" over the last decade. Sorry, I don't think that is enough.

Certainly there are things that can be done to show us the progress of the projects we really care about, the graphics upgrade and the re-balance. Would be nice if the developers took a picture of major items as their finished and post it for us to see. Simple screen shot, send to marketing, and they post on a page of updates. It's not that we don't trust you ... well, yes, actually it is.

Indeed, more screens please. We still haven't seen SL in new engine. (apart from a pandemonium shot)
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jun 5th, 2012 at 20:25:13.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

We demand more screens!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    We demand more screens!
    Hear! Hear!
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Socrattes View Post
    I really doubt FC cares about our views on how to store data. Lets get back on track and slam them for lack of content, no re-balance, and no graphics upgrade.

If FC really wanted us to know the progress we would see a list of things completed and some pictures or videos. So far the only proof we have is a short video. Well guess what, we have seen several videos of "new graphic engines" over the last decade. Sorry, I don't think that is enough.

Certainly there are things that can be done to show us the progress of the projects we really care about, the graphics upgrade and the re-balance. Would be nice if the developers took a picture of major items as their finished and post it for us to see. Simple screen shot, send to marketing, and they post on a page of updates. It's not that we don't trust you ... well, yes, actually it is.
    I can not agree more. They give a wet crap about our ideas. They pretend to care with the nano documents. Mps all over the planet and dimensions had good and bad ideas for their class and FC went the... FC way with Sacrificial Shielding...

Mastablasta, Ironmax i am sure you both are right. At least with the argument that the other person is wrong. FC wont change...

Btw: We demand more screens!

Oh and maybe off some omni citys too? Or are you going to erase that bug anyway?
    Last edited by Optimoose; Jun 20th, 2012 at 17:37:35. Reason: Edited for inappropriate reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    well aren't you precious
    Yes, I am. Thank you for noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Yes, I am. Thank you for noticing.
    Pics or it didn't happen
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Garremp View Post
    I can not agree more. They give a wet crap about our ideas. They pretend to care with the nano documents. Mps all over the planet and dimensions had good and bad ideas for their class and FC went the... FC way with Sacrificial Shielding... if you think of it you stop wondering that pot is part of the Canadian health care plan.
    I cannot agree more. I saw loads of cool ideas in MP forums... that got completely ignored.

P.s.: Gief screenies! Gief Notun Scourge!!! ;x Gief Fixxa!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1266841749.jpg

I very much agree that the thread needs to get back on track. People are complaining about things that aren't even finished (hence them being on Test Live and not Live).

Having to wait for FC to complete things may be annoying, but Lindelu has made a lot of progress is bringing past promises to fruition and I think she deserves to be given some time.

I know how it feels to take over a huge project with little, to no, help. It sucks, and it takes some time to get your bearings.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    I know how it feels to take over a huge project with little, to no, help. It sucks, and it takes some time to get your bearings.
    I agree. But at the same time I bet her supervisors are getting progress reports and not just a promise that some day something will be done. The marketing department could help show some progress like a progression of before and after pics as they finish areas or major items. Come on, throw us a bone, we really want to believe something is being done. There just isn't much proof that progress is being made. We have seen short videos before.

Maybe the new picture will stir interest inside and outside of the AO player base. Maybe they will follow the progress and talk about the progress. Maybe it creates interest in a game that desperately needs some. How is this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    We demand more screens!
    Yeah multi-monitor support is needed! Or multi-window!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Yeah multi-monitor support is needed! Or multi-window!
    What do you mean? I'm already running AO on multiple windows and on 3 different screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    What do you mean? I'm already running AO on multiple windows and on 3 different screens.
    One AO on 3 screens.
    The Red Brotherhood

Yes more screen shots please of SL because we haven't seen any of that. So more more more. I want the engine. oh and the rebalance and things - but mostly the engine!!!
    If u need 3 screens to see AO u should really get a bigger monitor - lol

More timeline updates, please.
    We have one update in the last two years, compared with eight years ago when we had 38 updates in one year.

That looks like we only have 1.3% of the activity we used to have.

Is the game really that dead, or is it just neglect of PR tools? (Hint: Has there been any serious talk about the necessity of a server merge lately?)

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Has there been any serious talk about the necessity of a server merge lately?)
    Merge is already confirmed, GMI is the first step towards that.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast