Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lold... er... Friday with(out) Means - June 11th, 2010: Hai noobs!

^.^

Good to see you finally out and about Genele, hope you keep building momentum.

Now, can we have shadowly thing in a cloak and wizard hat that shoot fire balls in Shadow Land? That would be so great.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Jeez with means gone these threads really go to the dogs.

no heads
    no empty promises
    no breaking of said empty promises
    no casually shrugging off crippling mistakes and problems
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

sounds cool! nice work genele

This post has been attacked by FC trollers, most of the team posted on the first site!

The joy of returning to AO, and to find that lots of items now look different and I once more have to look at things to see what they actually are.

Second page, will work on a first!

Good work, looking forward to seeing it all done with new engine, and perhaps a new adventure pvm gun (jepp is an old bugger, yesyes its commercial for the always over powered adve, but gotta love em ehh)

Have a good weekend,

Macdaddy.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    BACK TO WORK!!!

... slackers.

.... yes I'm still posting.

..... hush.
    Say the one that didnt have time to make the friday post .. but you got time to hunt the eployee's.. hihi.. Kintaii got a new title at the office .. Work Ethic Officer ..
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    alien daily missions. I have made a few of them already and I hope you will enjoy playing them when they are all done.
    (Yes, you will get AXP as reward for doing them. Yes, there will be solo alien daily missions for all level ranges. Yes, the solo daily missions will scale with the player’s level. AND yes, alien daily missions will get a separate blocker.)
    Good stuff. Any guesses as to when they will start getting cycled into the game?

I’m also designing the monsters, items and quests for the new alien sector (Level 150-200). What I can say about it is that it will be an indoor team instance. But it needs more work and love from Flaptoot before I can show you any screen shots from it.
    Was hoping you guys would make it a team instance, cool. Will it be aimed as more of an AXP zone or more of the regular special item gain zone? I'm hoping for more of a AXP aim. Also any idea as to how long it will take? That is are you actively working on getting it done or is it a side project that gets kicked around but may not be done for ages yet?

Weren't you the one chiefly behind Dark Ruins? If so any chance of some changes being made to that? It's a nice zone and I've gone through the team version a lot but the team version never ended up being seen as that much an XP gain zone as it was supposedly suppose to be. People largely just got a chip and maybe killed their three cultists and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    She must have had a sex change recently that we haven't heard of yet
    Nice try. There are no girls on the Internet.

Alien Solo Missions...
    hmmm?

Hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Gameplay stuff without social reward that I find intriguing.

I feel so dirty!!!!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    She must have had a sex change recently that we haven't heard of yet
    shhh, we all know Genele is an atrox!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

For sure no one is MP! Metaaaing... where did you go

Quote Originally Posted by Shaylon View Post
    I am looking forward to the new alien pf: However hearing its yet another team instance is concerning. Finding Dark Ruins teams can be hard enough and so that pf is left under utilized. I wonder if this team playfield will be the same thing a month or two after it comes out. The idea is nice though. I'm withholding my judgement until I see how it goes.
    Team DR isn't hard. I've been able to solo it easily enough with a good char or do it dual logged with a couple weaker chars. Is it harder than heck bashing when an OST holds agg, sure, but it's not that hard at all.

One of the problems it always had was that the XP gains at that supposedly targeted XP gain zone didn't compare to heck XP and certainly not Inf mission XP. Since it wasn't as high, not continuously repeatable and you couldn't easy mode it with a 220 keeping you safe people largely didn't bother with it much if at all.

-----------------------------

I plan to create new kind of aliens and possibly randomize the spawn inside the new alien sector so it might feel a bit different each time you go there.
    That's really good news. Some kind of random element to what you run into in content makes things more interesting than the standard fixed procedure of zones.

lol @ FCer's having 12 posts out of the first 30...urmm thats 2/5!!

*cracks whip* Get back to work!!
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by shamenOTC View Post
    lol @ FCer's having 12 posts out of the first 30...urmm thats 2/5!!

*cracks whip* Get back to work!!
    It's Friday. We all know that Friday is pizza and beer day for Funcom.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Good stuff. Any guesses as to when they will start getting cycled into the game?

Was hoping you guys would make it a team instance, cool. Will it be aimed as more of an AXP zone or more of the regular special item gain zone? I'm hoping for more of a AXP aim. Also any idea as to how long it will take? That is are you actively working on getting it done or is it a side project that gets kicked around but may not be done for ages yet?

Weren't you the one chiefly behind Dark Ruins? If so any chance of some changes being made to that? It's a nice zone and I've gone through the team version a lot but the team version never ended up being seen as that much an XP gain zone as it was supposedly suppose to be. People largely just got a chip and maybe killed their three cultists and that was it.
    It's hard to estimate how much time it will take, but hopefully you wont have to wait that long. I'm working as fast as I can!!!!1111

The alien sector will also have a daily mission, so it will be patched out at the same time as the rest of the alien daily missions.

The alien sector will be focused around both AXP and new items/phat lewt.

I don't have any plans of changing Dark Ruins right now, any suggestions on how I could improve it is welcome however. Just send me a PM if you have any good ideas

Jeez beer day...12 posts and no typos? wtb those skeels when I iz pessssed!
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Sounds terrific
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

I'm working as fast as I can!!!!1111
    You guys (& girls) could work faster if the entire Dev team was not on the forums.

When Means is away, the team will play...

j/k

Nice work!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Gen, is there any possibility that you all could create maps Ctrl 6 for inside the Alien Levels, Example: the LE missions? as it is so hard to know where youve been and where you have not been, for myself I usally follow the person infront of me cause I dont know where to go next in them
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

It's hard to estimate how much time it will take, but hopefully you wont have to wait that long. I'm working as fast as I can!!!!1111
    Sounds good.

The alien sector will also have a daily mission, so it will be patched out at the same time as the rest of the alien daily missions.
    Great! So it shouldn't still be a work in progress a year or more from now at all. I'll be looking forward to it and try to give it a go round with my chars in that range.

The alien sector will be focused around both AXP and new items/phat lewt.
    Old or new loot or both? Also loot by way of random drops or as rewards? Any raid locks that would prevent us from going back in at all for a period of time?

That should cover it for questions, nice of you to respond as you have been.

Being instanced means it should be in general smoother than some of the mess seen in the open S10 at times. I like being able to decide who I play with rather than get tossed in with anyone that came along. It's generally more fun that way and causes less headaches.

I don't have any plans of changing Dark Ruins right now, any suggestions on how I could improve it is welcome however. Just send me a PM if you have any good ideas
    Ok.

Cool

Yay! Sounds good!

Strange to see so many Dev's posting on one thread. I dunno if it's because Means is gone or if it's just because it was a woman posting. We can go with the "While the cat's away" or "It takes a woman to build a better mousetrap" or "Atroxes, cabbage, yum".

Appreciate the hard work and input from you all. Also, enjoyed seeing the personalities and snowballs.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast