Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 22nd, 2010 - Update incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Warp to SoM and fly or befriend a fixer (or, like me, have a fixer from your froob days who has team fgrid you can dual log with ^^).
    I am a fixer - but what about those without one (or my toons on this same account)? Befriend a fixer and hope they are on when you popped in for your daily? Dailies are good for people like me who have a family to tend to - hop on at some random time for an uninterrupted 30 mins (or less) once a day after work for a daily and then back to fam. Den/Hive disrupts this concept. I still play for hours often when I have time, but it disrupts the daily mish concept.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Additionally, the Missions are great in terms of research: They give almost a full Research cap
    I have other methods of satisfying my research, but I agree that they can be effective for that if one so desires.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Excellent all around improvements, thx

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - The "Rats!" daily mission finally has the highly requested counter to let you know how many more vermin to kill.
    thanks!

- The "Rats!" daily mission finally has the highly requested counter to let you know how many more vermin to kill.
    *dance*
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Great news on the up and coming content.

i <3 j00 FC (99.9999999999999% of the time anyway)
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    Additional note: despite all our efforts it may be possible that a small issue remains somewhere (floating or buried object, stuck point, inconsistencies and glitches,...). Everyone, please feel free to report such issues, if any.
    (Darkbane has a thread open for this on Test Live forums.)
    South - Eastern scheol. All the heckie ledges. Geometry's messed up everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Supported funcom for the last year with cash - despite not wanting to play much anymore :-(

This game badly needs a new engine and UI, its had neither; i dont blame means and the team, they are a "live oporational" team; but i will no longer support Funcom as a company as they could have the most imersive and complex MMO availible with the appropriate amount of resource.

I hope everyone enjoys the halloween AO experiance, its always been a special time on rubi-ka.

no you cant have my stuff. /grin ill be back, if FC every redo the 2 eliments of the that badly are needed.

/Theo
    Theo
    -- Unit Leader of Nocturnal Fear --
    -- Long term friend of The Velvet Glove --

Application Form in the Extraction Daily Mission, can no longer be used by accident.

lol, hahahahaha

That the AO team never have thought about this.
    It's like making without normal thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Application Form in the Extraction Daily Mission, can no longer be used by accident.

lol, hahahahaha

That the AO team never have thought about this.
    It's like making without normal thinking
    The only people I can think it would effect would be neutrals, and if they're recruiting people for Omni or Clan then they're hardly neutral, I have little sympathy personally and see little reason for the change.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    The only people I can think it would effect would be neutrals, and if they're recruiting people for Omni or Clan then they're hardly neutral, I have little sympathy personally and see little reason for the change.
    You don't get it.

When a neutral gets this daily mission, he received a omni or clan card who can be used when you are lower then level 201.
    (99,99% you get this daily when you are around level 150 till 200)

Because neutrals must roll the daily on omni (Rome) or clan (Old Athene) side, you get as neutral a sided card.

Right click on it and you are omni or clan.

Thought that wasn't hard too know when you are building a daily mish.
    Enough reason to change the daily and enough reason for a stupidity award for that daily mish builder

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    You don't get it.

When a neutral gets this daily mission, he received a omni or clan card who can be used when you are lower then level 201.
    (99,99% you get this daily when you are around level 150 till 200)

Because neutrals must roll the daily on omni (Rome) or clan (Old Athene) side, you get as neutral a sided card.

Right click on it and you are omni or clan.

Thought that wasn't hard too know when you are building a daily mish.
    Enough reason to change the daily and enough reason for a stupidity award for that daily mish builder
    Actually I did fully understand that, and I stand by what I said. If a neutral is recruiting a Clan member to Omni, or an Omni member to the Clans, they're not being particularly neutral.

It wouldn't hurt if Side change mechanics were more dynamic, and based on how the person played, so an Omni who consistently takes bad missions would end up being booted out of the Omni faction and became a Clanner, or a neutral who persistently helped Omni become Omni by dint of doing so many jobs they're now considered to be on the payroll. But then I also think people should be able to become neutral as well.

From what I recall there's a confirmation on the application forms, if you 'accidentally' right click the form and then 'accidentally' confirm the side change, you really have no one to blame but yourself, you certainly shouldn't be blaming the devs.

So I disagree that it should be changed, and the stupidity awards should go to the players who 'accidentally' use and confirm the use of the forms, not the person who built that mission.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Snip.... So I disagree that it should be changed, and the stupidity awards should go to the players who 'accidentally' use and confirm the use of the forms, not the person who built that mission.
    Yep I agree 100%, no need to change this really.

WTB something being done with all those pumpkins in Elysium.

Oh btw, where is our engi document?
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Actually I did fully understand that, and I stand by what I said. If a neutral is recruiting a Clan member to Omni, or an Omni member to the Clans, they're not being particularly neutral.
    This is one area that really pisses me off as a Neutral. The only Elite daily mission I'm able to do at my level is "Help the clan" or "Help the Omni" missions. From and RP perspective, each time I get one of those missions I feel like I'm aiding the one side or the other, which feels wrong. Why isn't there a "Help end the war" mission or something equally neutral?

On a side note, since the "Help the Clan" mission points really suck, the "Help the Omni" is faster and easier, so I run that all of the time. However, from an RP perspective, there is something really wrong with pulling a "Help the Omni" mission from the mission office in Old Athens!

How soon can the forums guys be on this project?

After another week of polishing and tweaking the horribly mis-named "Halloween Update" will be coming to the live servers this Tuesday and all Halloween content will be available for at least three weeks.
    No Downtime for Update - October 26th, 2010 thread yet?

I thought that was usually done the day before the patch?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

It's just a game man, get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    No Downtime for Update - October 26th, 2010 thread yet?

I thought that was usually done the day before the patch?
    Seriously. Been checking it religiously as well, to no avail. Get with the show guys, its 5 days until Halloween. Should have put S7 on hold.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

There it is.

The Anarchy Online servers will come down for update 18.3.14 on 26th of October at 11:00 GMT / 7am EST. The downtime is scheduled to last about 4 hours.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast