Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Feb. 11th, 2011: Brrr

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Yeah if a version was sent to the professionals and it is taking longer to get to us than expected, maybe there was something that needed to be changed to prevent a million threads of hate spam?

I think a flame-retardent advy documentation with a slight delay is better than a full out cry fest over some change, which ofc I would be more than happy to take part in and stir people up and increase my "forum haunt" status. Besides what is everyone's hurry? Most of you guys are either scared to death or ready to emo-rage-slashwrists then quit over this stuff anyways. Masochists I tell yah, MASOCHISTS!
    The Advy doc will probably be fairly lackluster anyways. Revamped morphs into varying roles, and probably NR added to every buff to accompany the evades, since I head evade close is feeling lonely every since dodge and duck hooked up.

Also more perception buffable on other people for absolutely no reason other than Agent and Shade hate.

I mean really, it's not like Advys are OP because of any one of their nanos, but it's the sum total of all the def that is a tad silly. Also, the perk documents still show full Limber and full Coon for Advys, so nothing is likely to change on that front.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    The Advy doc will probably be fairly lackluster anyways. Revamped morphs into varying roles, and probably NR added to every buff to accompany the evades, since I head evade close is feeling lonely every since dodge and duck hooked up.

Also more perception buffable on other people for absolutely no reason other than Agent and Shade hate.

I mean really, it's not like Advys are OP because of any one of their nanos, but it's the sum total of all the def that is a tad silly. Also, the perk documents still show full Limber and full Coon for Advys, so nothing is likely to change on that front.
    Agree...as long as they have both coon and acrobat line they will be OP cause thats proly 2 best defensive perk lines in the game and they got both...unperkable profession with 10k absorb / 500 hp hot and amazing heals along with great fire power...all in one...delete other prof then...logic fail
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

You could at least wait until you've seen the doc to decide whether to unleash wrath upon Adv balancing efforts .

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    "Going to try" does not feature the words "promise", "certainly", "definitely" or anything other than a statement of intent to attempt. I know you guys love finding random stuff to complain about, but again - "Going to try".

Goooooooiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnggggg toooooooo trrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

If a doc takes longer to get out than expected, that means that we're actually working on improving it and making it better, and we'll release what we have to release when we're good and ready to. Will it make it out today? Maybe. If it doesn't, will it make it out tomorrow? Might. May be next week - May even be that it doesn't get released for another few months (note: this is not going to be the case :P). Either way, when we said "going to try" we meant "going to try", not "we promise that it'll be out on this date".

We're human beings - While I'm sorry that there are those of you who have a difficult time seeing or understanding that we're real people too, with lives to live and bills to pay and things to take care of, I'm not going to apologize for members of our team having lives outside of the office and attempting to get themselves settled into a new home after having moved halfway across the world. If someone on the team having a place to live and a bed to sleep on means that the release of a nano document takes a little longer than expected then that's more than acceptable - It's just a part of life.
    ppl dont rly care about funcom employees personal problems. we also have a life and have to get things done by deadlines. if i tell my boss i have to delay a 1 year project for another year he would just kick me out of my job instant!

but i see... last friday you said adv docs gonna be released early this week. now itīs friday again. where are they? itīs allrdy a delay of more than 40% from last friday/tuesday-deadline. so can i assume that the new engine will be delayed for 40%+ also? just because you have traveled to canada? you allways try to find excuses itīs not even funny.

when does the engine come? any new updates? screenshots? deadlines? it should be released in Q1 2011. you remember? where is it? ppl want answers to their questions. you wonder why so many ppl leaving the ship? why servers getting more and more empty? ppl are tired of all the lies and patience-pls-soon-tm-posts. ppl are paying for this game cause they expect changes/balancing/engine coming within the time-schedule funcom provides us. but when it comes to deadlines ppl just get soon(tm)-answers or no answers. ppl are asking for information updates on the engine for days/weeks/months. we just have to be the stupid customer that pays or how should we understand funcom politics? when i see gms/arks/... deleting any posts regarding questions about the engine i also feel like "shut-up customer and pay".

rly, NO!! one cares about the weather in canada. NO!! one. just reduce the friday posts to ao related content.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    ppl dont rly care about funcom employees personal problems.

rly, NO!! one cares about the weather in canada. NO!! one. just reduce the friday posts to ao related content.
    Speak for yourself not everyone.

Personally, being a Canadian citizen myself, the weather here is quite important. I kinda need to know if I'm going to freeze a finger off before I go outside or some such.

Furthermore simply because you have no interest in them as human beings doesn't mean they don't have a right to talk about it nor does it mean that there isn't anyone who wants to hear it.

Don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Speak for yourself not everyone.

Personally, being a Canadian citizen myself, the weather here is quite important. I kinda need to know if I'm going to freeze a finger off before I go outside or some such.

Furthermore simply because you have no interest in them as human beings doesn't mean they don't have a right to talk about it nor does it mean that there isn't anyone who wants to hear it.

Don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that.
    the weather is your own problem! dont bother ppl with your life. or do you spam your business partners with furniture deliverey? my business partners would quit any relationship to my company asap. or would you spam your customers with useless wheather information? if i wanna know how the wheather is i can go google it.

so pls stick to more important facts than this crap. itīs useless information. they can talk about it in a pub or in the "Reets retreat" - forums. itīs not ao related == off topic.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

1 - I like all those "useless" weather/furniture info because I can see devs are human beings, not annoyance non-living beings.

2 - Kintaii, I know! It was only a excuse to type another wall of text! j/k

3 - For all that says "advs are not op cause of nanos": Froob advs are op as well!

4 - You have 4 hours to release adv nano doc <3 j/k
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

the weather is your own problem! dont bother ppl with your life. or do you spam your business partners with furniture deliverey? my business partners would quit any relationship to my company asap. or would you spam your customers with useless wheather information? if i wanna know how the wheather is i can go google it.

so pls stick to more important facts than this crap. itīs useless information. they can talk about it in a pub or in the "Reets retreat" - forums. itīs not ao related == off topic.
    Stating things like that is the same like:
    Dont bother us with text, post or any opinion at any matter?

I'd like to quote my big friend the Joker on this one:

Why so serious..... (http://lolblog.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...7267352843.jpg) Oh I like cats 2

we pay em for getting things done. and what we get is wheather information instead of news/progression of the engine/balancing. i can get wheather informations for free. dont need to pay 17€ per month for it. yeah i like the game and i ll still pay it. but i dont like how they do things and how they lie to their customers, delay everything for years, etc. people getting angry after years of waiting and after having patience 1337 times... yeah maybe read my complete post above. there are more important things than the life of funcom employees and the weather. itīs very unprofessional.

Wink

we pay em for getting things done. and what we get is wheather information instead of news/progression of the engine/balancing. i can get wheather informations for free. dont need to pay 17€ per month for it. yeah i like the game and i ll still pay it. but i dont like how they do things and how they lie to their customers, delay everything for years, etc. people getting angry after years of waiting and after having patience 1337 times... yeah maybe read my complete post above. there are more important things than the life of funcom employees and the weather. itīs very unprofessional.
    Just see everything in perspective that's all. Atleast you get wether info. If you compair such things like it where paying Tax Money. You pay a lot more and get alot less in return…

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Why so serious.....
    The simple answer is that money is involved.
    FunCom is on the stock exchange too, it is indeed all serious.

Delays occur, but good companies are those including that in the plans, delivering on time.
    Sudden sickness might be an issue, but a planed movement of equipment should not disrupt the weekly planing.. it should interrupt the yearly planning, if it was unexpected.

So.. this friday I hope Means is saying "next documents, the MP ones are ready in 3 weeks", if the internal current plan says they are done in 13 days.
    Shoot high and meet the deadlines.
    Mask it as a "we want a long and good debate of each document, diverting resources to look at the player feedback, releasing 1 document at a time, gives us time to do that".

What are good rewards for a dev?
    Ask them
    If I should guess, getting their name in an item-description is more motivating than a monetary bonus? Exploit that.

If trust is a problem for FunCom, it is time to throw some money at it..
    If you are bad at judging deadlines, get an external resource to teach you, pay 10.000$ for a consultant teaching you how to time your current projects and make a projection as to how long future projects will take.

Quality takes time, and you guys are working to ship a great product, which is better than hurrying and do bad.
    But you need to adjust your time-tables to that.
    Make a time-table for the rebalance, how long is each step going to take?
    Have a test, re-balance a nano line, from idea to and including coding and have a timer running.
    Calculate the monetary cost, and scale it to the whole project. multiply by 1,2 and then -expect- to divert extra funding from those extra 20%, whenever you are behind that schedule.

The hard part: you are a limited number of people, so diverting a graphics coder to do balancing, will make the engine take longer time..
    The answer is: hire a "jack of all trades" for each 5 projects, or increase all deadlines with 20%, and be prepared for people to be done early and reward them for that.

If it is OK the project is going slow, then tell the costumer the deadline you are willing to bet your money (more staff) on, instead of the deadline, where the Dev has to bake a cake for the office for not being on time..

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

*edit*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshalart View Post
    {removed}
    {removed by Anarrina: response to moderated post}

If I have hired a contractor to put up dry-walls, I do not expect to hear "we re-decorated my daughters bedroom, so we are delayed".
    Re-decorating office-space should be part of the planing when you move..
    in a week to week planing, there should not be THAT big differences, and if you have troubles with that, then make a monthly plan that you publish.

People are interesting, but when you break deadline after deadline, it stops being cute.
    People grow up: not {removed obscenity} their pants is no longer an accomplishment, but a requirement.
    Just as making a deadline is not an accomplishment to celebrate, but a requirement for a company.
    As it is a requirement, you do not break deadlines.

{removed response to moderated post}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 18th, 2011 at 15:49:09.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

stop discussing about useless life informations. maybe you read the last 2 pages also and recognized that ppl getting angry more and more cause funcom cant get their things done. just read the facts and ingnore wheather discussions. engine and rebalancing is much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    {Edited by Prevention: Original post moderated}
    *bump* for the next projects. but engine should be out anyway at the end of march. means said so.
    Last edited by Prevention; Feb 18th, 2011 at 16:23:59.

I dont know why u start trashing -yeny- . However harsh he may sound the man is right...Ok its ok to share stuff like weather/personal problems etc but that must not effect ur job! We dont pay you to spend ur time to move stuff around or have bad day or to complain on how cold it is ( i know ur ppl just like we are, but no matter how cold is outside or how emo i am or whats going with me i have to still do my job or ill get fired )

Almost every single thing u release its delayed for weeks months and some even years...and in return we get excuse in form of personal problem or completely normal and predictable stuff like "strange bug appear" If u guys cant isolate ur personal life/problems from work or cant predict and plan stuff like possible bugs/issues/moving and how that could effect on deadlines then quit and hire someone who can or just shut down this game.

What would be if we said "ehmm sry we will pay next week or next year or sry i had issue at home i had to pay money for new microwave cmon let me play for free u must understand that, we are ppl too" Exactly u wouldnt care, u would want ur money for ur effort and thats same thing when we want something we payed for... we pay u deliver simple as that...
    Last edited by MyGift; Feb 18th, 2011 at 13:45:31.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Yes Yeny is right - The Engine is what lets the game down not the rest. Mean's Get it sorted - I'm Paying your wages as are the rest of us. Tell us the Important things and please don't go break any more promises. IF u can't do it on time then be true-full about it. Give us a date u can defiantly achieve and make sure it happens.

we pay em for getting things done.
    Unless you own some of FC stocks you are not the one who pays them for anything but a sheep they are shearing
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Give us a date u can defiantly achieve and make sure it happens.
    What if he gives you a date some time after 2015?

The whole "Give us a date" thing is crap. If you do not like how the game currently is, then stop playing. Your account isn't going to get deleted, and you can continue to make post in the forums about things you feel need to be done. Whining about a date for things when they don't know for sure isn't going to fix a damn thing.

(Note, this is not directed at only you, it's directed at everyone that keeps saying this.)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    What if he gives you a date some time after 2015?

The whole "Give us a date" thing is crap. If you do not like how the game currently is, then stop playing. Your account isn't going to get deleted, and you can continue to make post in the forums about things you feel need to be done. Whining about a date for things when they don't know for sure isn't going to fix a damn thing.

(Note, this is not directed at only you, it's directed at everyone that keeps saying this.)
    well.. you are right that it wont change anything ingame if we get a date. BUT funcom is giving out dates (Q1 2011 is the actual date for engine release) one after another and delaying it more and more. no professional software company does that! i would be fired if i would do the same in my company. and no other business partner would keep working with me cause they cant trust me anymore. same as it is between players and funcom. after so many lies and soon (tm) who can trust em? not that i dont like the game... i love it... but if itīs all handled so unprofessional iīm getting angry about destroying a great game and itīs community.

the anger grows every day more we dont get any updates on the progress. and things like useless weather informations is such a time waste... maybe you noticed lot of players quit the last 2 months and that wont stop if we dont get informations. i think everyone is fine if they say "okay ppl we need 5 months more to get the engine done...this is the last delay... it will be out 15.09.2011"... and then it should happen. but without any infos ppl just leave the ship.

when i see gms/arks/... deleting any posts regarding questions about the engine i also feel like "shut-up customer and pay".
    Please provide examples of such, as we have been doing no such thing. Aside from this, which is simply a warning to spam spamming about the thread in -unrelated- threads, and that I posted after this statement of yours.

Calling out the moderation team on fictitious actions to support your point or give the illusion that your opinion is being silenced is both a form of questioning moderation and CS abuse. Also, if you're going to do it, expect to be asked to provide proof.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

kk... i ll just screenshot any post/thread i create in the future. kinda hard for me to prove deleted stuff hm? makes sense... yeah.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast