Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lots of 'game is dead'...

Some omni buff clans and there are clans that buff omni. Ill buff anyone if i see it. There has been times when ive changed chat tab from the one i was speaking to to find tells asking for buffs,help,advice that i missed. Often ill send a tell back and sometimes they have logged off but just because some one doesn't buff you or respond doesn't mean they arnt willling. Alot can happen to help you miss comments or questions from other chat windows to rl phone calls , knock on door etc could mean they haven't seen. Asking in otooc is probably the best way first in my opinion falling back to tells towards people you see if you get no response.

Also if you post in otooc... Some days are busier than others and people zone in and out all the time so if you don't get a response, wait a few minutes and try again. Of course you could just raise your own army of buff mules and never need to ask and wait again.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I found out yesterday that Omni don't buff clan. Period.
    I experienced quite the opposite as of lately. I have a pretty hard time getting buffs in OA while it only takes me a couple seconds to get them in Bore from Omnis.
    At times I don't even have to ask and just happen to get ninja'd with whatever buff I was about to ask for.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Yeah, I guess after not playing or logging in for a few months and things taking too much time for me is frustrating.
    You get used to annoying things eventually, until there are too many annoying things to deal with.
    The first few days back are important.

I'm really frustrated I can't buy my 107 keeper symbs (Don't have AI), I got a few from my mule but still missing a few.

So I spent 30 minutes opening all my mules bags so Item Assistant can build a database then found the infantry symbs I needed.
    Then it was time to put the symbs on, spent 30 minutes trying to get sfa and once I finally got them on I think to myself..."Hmm now how do I get the Right-hand, Ear,chest and leg?).
    At that point someone in OA posted on OOC they needed someone to kill subway mobs for them to get the daily done so I logged my froob subway twink and helped them,after that I called it a night.

So I haven't even seen how the population is in SL yet. I hope things get better, but I'm doubtful.
    At least I am only losing $5 this time, so it's ok if out of frustration I don't log in much.

Edit:
    I just logged in my crat and it was logged at Kite hill..can't believe there is nobody there right now.
    Last edited by juggaloklown; Jul 18th, 2014 at 16:26:04.

I re-subbed my main account 3 weeks ago, and I have re-subbed the other two since. Everything seems busier than it did in 2010, the last time I had played. Borealis and Rome seem to be getting more populated over the last week, so I am happy.

The drive-by buffing is very much appreciated, almost every time I afk I come back to 8 hour buffs filling my ncus.

I have not tried to find a Heck team in Ely, but I see people running around, even in statics. Last night I tried to find some Predators to try to get 2 more sleeves, found a bunch of corpses. I did end up finding 2 that had respawned, but that seems to say there is still a good bit of activity.

bahahahha

I see what you did thar

Can't you aren't smart!
    hehe nah, i was actually serious. i don't try to flag someone or harass with swim expertise (thats decon only). i buff clans, and i even buff if people that ask me when i am flagged, in bor or in oa. and not just people i am fighting with hostile stuff also regular folks

i know there are some fanatics on both sides. but imo those are idiots. its a game. my overall impression is that i get along with claners quite well, better than with a lot of omnis. certainly not representative but seriously, even belz is buffing omnis when flagged, wrangle even. so whoever you're referring to should get their @(*$% together. i do refuse to buff some folks on both sides just because i got tired of their nonsense, but those are just like a couple of people and if it wasnt for the ignore in the name i wouldnt even remember.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 19th, 2014 at 00:47:02.

It really sucks making a new character and seeing 0-2 people on lft so far from lvl 1-55.

Since I'm not a new player I know about the dungeons in naouldn't handle being new to SL and having to level alone like this.

I met someone who was new to SL yesterday, I Saw this lvl 19 keeper killing the lvl 14-15 Hiathlin's in nasc.I noticed he was fighting one mob and it was taking his hp down to about half and he wasn't doing much damage, It didn't look right so I asked him if he had the heal aura perk and nano .

He had no idea what I was talking about. I also inspected him and saw his sword of sir tristram was low ql.
    I knew I had a few 2he weapons on my mule so I told him to come to bor so i can give him some items.

I ended up giving him a ql 26 and 30 something sir tristram and a ql 10 ai sword.
    Then I took him to the bor basic and bought him some ql 30 implants and made him some ql 14 carb.
    And I gave him 1mil credits and had him go buy the heal aura nano.

Once he was all setup I took him to crip cave and had him kill the cripplers, He was amazed at how he could kill these level 28 mobs at lvl 19 and how his aura's kept his health up.

The reason I am telling this story is...

I try to imagine me being in that situation.

I know there has always been and always will be new players who have to learn and struggle, but when there is a large population (community) people help each other more often and make people feel welcome instead of alone and useless.

All these years people have been denying there was a problem and it's been very upsetting to me, I saw the changes and the effects yet anytime I said anything I got flamed for it.

I feel bad because I am kind of happy that more people seem to be realizing it.

For me the game isn't worth paying for anymore and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone anymore.

Maybe now is a good time to bring the $SL back or maybe $5 sl/ai would be better.

As a person who suggested the $5 sl thing I don't see how it was a bad thing that needed to be removed.

I will say that, on my level 100 character, here in the US, fairly near to the west coast, at around 1-2 PM, I checked LFT and saw about 10 people in my level range. Now, an hour to an hour and a half later, I only see three, and one of those is just still there from before, probably having not found anything to do, another says "ELY HECKS NUKE TEAM PST," and another is "SL XP." There are definitely some "prime time" factors in play here, but the game is not dead.

I wonder if Funcom has considered recording some in-depth statistics besides just how many players are online, including LFT usage, correlating its use with team joinage to see how much LFT helps or seems desirable to use, looking at solo play, afk times (both how long constant afk lasts, and how frequently a player switches from afk/back/afk/back, indicating that they are sitting there waiting for something to happen while watching a movie or something on another screen or computer).

That is another thing I've complained about..

There are 24 hours in a day and if "prime time" is 2-4 hours long than that leaves 20 hours where its hard for some of us that don't play in "prime time" to really have a good time.

Some of us cant' be on during that small window where the game might be full of people, when i was on my full paid accounts I'd get on and it would be that time where the game was totally dead. I mean that time where there is nobody at ergo in Inferno and it's near impossible to get or form an inf team.

Even during "prime time" some things you want to do aren't really being done.

Is there really a prime time for ado hecks? It hasn't seemed so to me.

I could log my pocket doc and not be able to find many if any on LFT or OOC who wanted to do ado hecks. Yet every people say thing is fine and the game isn't dead or dying, for me it's not ok.

Once I got tired of trying to level from ado hecks I had to level my keeper from doing dailies, had to logon during prime hours when people where doing the bs for the 3x daily, when i found out next patch was changing the daily that was my motivation to not resub.

It's 5:30pm in Chicago right now and I've been on lft for at least 3 hours now, I've been soloing in the the dungeon in crip cave on my advy since lvl 55 and im lvl 58 now, it's driving me crazy. I tried to get someone on lft to join me but they said they hate dungeons, and apparently don't do inf missions because they hate the dungeons.

I'm so glad I only wasted $5.
    Last edited by juggaloklown; Jul 26th, 2014 at 23:39:01.

To a truly new player, or a player trying to play the game in the way that was intended, AO pretty much -is- dead. This is because almost no one is actually playing it. By that, I don't mean that the game has no players, I mean that no one is willing to do anything but fast, safe leveling in OST/Kite teams and dailies.

Virtually no one is willing to do any content unless there is a high level around to hand hold them through it, or if it gives the maximum possible XP. I watched people in my org sit around for hours today, doing nothing but whining about how the BS wasn't running so they can get their XP. Tried to get some teams started for hecks or SL statics and you'd have thought I was suggesting that we all go rob a bank or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    Virtually no one is willing to do any content unless there is a high level around to hand hold them through it, or if it gives the maximum possible XP. I watched people in my org sit around for hours today, doing nothing but whining about how the BS wasn't running so they can get their XP. Tried to get some teams started for hecks or SL statics and you'd have thought I was suggesting that we all go rob a bank or something.

I think there is a subconscious element that some people don't realize.

Many things are about motivation,cause and effect and risk and reward.

These are some things that drive us like love,hate, fear ....etc, all these things push us or hold us back.

When people understand this then I think they can understand how the lack of people in a game or zone in a game has a subconscious effect on some people.

Just like having a large amount of people in a zone or game effects a person.

Just by a game or a zone being full of people, it causes some people to be total jerks, yet is causes other to be helpful and kinder.

Ever notice how a world/zone chat in a game often turns crazy when there are many people talking? We as human beings are effected by socialization.

So knowing all this we should know that a lack of people in a zone like Ely can cause a lack of motivation, and people get bored if there aren't a bunch of people around them.

So I think what happens is, the only way some people can stand leveling in a place that isn't distracting, entertaining or social enough is to level as fast as they can to move onto someplace or something better.

And people get that type of mentality stuck in their heads and avoid the chance to have a little bit of that thing they are missing. You would think they would jump at the opportunity to have a full heck team killing in Ely without a pocket or nt but that motivation is gone and it will probably take a drastic change in the environment to change them.
    Last edited by juggaloklown; Jul 27th, 2014 at 23:31:03.

This is a video I just made, I think it shows my point of how things are right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LApF9OVf-yk

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    To a truly new player, or a player trying to play the game in the way that was intended, AO pretty much -is- dead. This is because almost no one is actually playing it. By that, I don't mean that the game has no players, I mean that no one is willing to do anything but fast, safe leveling in OST/Kite teams and dailies.

me and my mates have been playing through doing all SL content the proper way for the last 120 levels. We've not had a OST or nuker in our team the entire time we've been levelling.

At one point we had a 220 MP give me (tank) the healpet, but other than that we've had no outside help.

We've picked up whoever came to the beach to level with us, except once a shade showed up and we were full.

I think (hope) we'll continue doing the content properly, it's so much more rewarding than not.

me and my mates have been playing through doing all SL content the proper way for the last 120 levels. We've not had a OST or nuker in our team the entire time we've been levelling.

At one point we had a 220 MP give me (tank) the healpet, but other than that we've had no outside help.

We've picked up whoever came to the beach to level with us, except once a shade showed up and we were full.

I think (hope) we'll continue doing the content properly, it's so much more rewarding than not.
    @#$% I wish I'd of been able to join you in Nasc.. It's dead as heck there...lol

I think I'm done even trying for now... Every time I login and try to level my Advy it's frustrating, feel like I'm on the test server in SL. I finally made it to level 60 yesterday had to solo from 1-60 and thats not enjoyable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by juggaloklown View Post
    @#$% I wish I'd of been able to join you in Nasc.. It's dead as heck there...lol

I think I'm done even trying for now... Every time I login and try to level my Advy it's frustrating, feel like I'm on the test server in SL. I finally made it to level 60 yesterday had to solo from 1-60 and thats not enjoyable for me.
    I'm sorry we missed you, however there are a few guys levelling now as well between 60-85.

You're more than welcome to try to join our bot to try to get in on some teaming.

Just ask for an invite to bot in Clan OOC from an AP..

I'm not sure if you're Omni or clan but it doesn't matter, right now we're just more gameplay oriented.

I'm sorry we missed you, however there are a few guys levelling now as well between 60-85.

You're more than welcome to try to join our bot to try to get in on some teaming.

Just ask for an invite to bot in Clan OOC from an AP..

I'm not sure if you're Omni or clan but it doesn't matter, right now we're just more gameplay oriented.
    Alright, I'll do that tomorrow thank you.

And I am Neutral. A Neutral Sloob Trox Advy... other than the Advy part.. it's doesn't sound that great.

But I already have a 220 Neut Solitus Advy so figured I'd try Trox, but would of been a lot easier with AI/LE.
    Last edited by juggaloklown; Jul 28th, 2014 at 08:02:51.

Quote Originally Posted by juggaloklown View Post
    [...] So I think what happens is, the only way some people can stand leveling in a place that isn't distracting, entertaining or social enough is to level as fast as they can to move onto someplace or something better. [...]
    What place/something better exactly? Dead Adonis? Empty Penumbra? /follow in Inf? Dead BS? I don't see the "better" here.

The only entertaining place I found so far, is Bore when PvP is happening and people are having their flamewars in vicinity.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    What place/something better exactly? Dead Adonis? Empty Penumbra? /follow in Inf? Dead BS? I don't see the "better" here.

The only entertaining place I found so far, is Bore when PvP is happening and people are having their flamewars in vicinity.
    If you are somewhere you don't want to be you will probably move on and hope it's better where ever or whatever you move onto...it may not be but you move on and hope it is.

You might even just move onto an alt.

That's how I feel at least.

There's loads of fun to be had if you PLAY.

I always find it fun to PLAY in different areas. I did ely hecks for a while, we bashed lots of rocks and got some dings, we do the mantis daily then the smuggler daily, do some AI daily, do some questing.

It all contributes to building a nice rounded toon with appropriate gear for level and capable of fighting mobs at that level.

The worst thing is to get to 150 after sitting AFK on KH for several days, realize you don't even have enough runspeed to get from KH to P7 without puking and then you start trying to build some equip and you don't have any research done, no token board, no nanos, no AI levels to help out... it's just horrible.

The whole reason why you play your char is to build him. Rome, as has been said, wasn't built in a day.

i just returned and gonna open all my accounts. Just those payments and then i can just keep them open with grace. Low population doesn't really bother me since i'm more solo player nowadays.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast