Thread: Returning Player

Returning Player

I am a returning player who would like some advice about AO.

I have not played since 2005 and could use some guidance.

Don't roll an NT.
    Don't roll melee if you want to PVP.
    Don't roll MP.
    Don't roll keeper.
    Don't roll trader.
    Don't roll MA, advy or agent if you want to get an invite to a team

So that leaves soldier, engi, crat and doctor.
    Enforcer makes the list because, well, just because.

Have fun!

because melee, and because keeper.

keeper = not good at PVP, not good in tower wars, not a 'needed' prof with exception of 12m.

I'm just parroting forums of late, in reality I think you should roll whatever you identify with, and go slow and relearn and enjoy AO for the journey, not the destination.

I actually really like keepers. I like em at low level, medium level and endgame.

Crit setup keepers with a fair chunk of add dmg do very reasonable DPS and bring some great support to teams.

A crit setup keeper can hold agg on many boss mobs and do very well in DB1/2, clearing trash in pande, alb, and a few other areas.

I'll even venture to expose an experience I had recently which was tanking in Alb on my MA (I've done all the DB's, LOX areas as well, only thing I haven't successfully tanked with my MA (besides DB3) is beast. Alb on MA was really slick, didn't have any problems and basically OD'd everyone else and just aced the slow kite on a few of the tougher PB's.

My true recommendation is soldier or crat, the other crap in my first post was more of a half joke. Soldiers can do very well with a cheap setup - with enough DPS to make a difference, and enough tank power to actually tank just fine with a bit of support. Furthermore, soldier is probably one of the cheapest profs to outfit at endgame for pvp... some might argue, but soldier doesn't require a full set of CC, and can get away with as little as 3 pieces if you are really broke or just restarting.

Crat is a very good option and since the carlita nano made it in game and carlos nano went yesdrop, crats are a lot easier to cruise through the mid levels and straight into endgame. While they ate a few minor nerfs in the last couple years they are still extremely effective in PVP and PVM while not being totally OP. Crat is one of my favourite profs to play, with strong DPS, a great toolset, and arguably some of the best non-active support systems (at endgame offering 433 AAD just by teaming) and pulsing -crit/NR debuffs with DMW.

both very strong choices.

Ah i see, my original Character was a solider but only got to 70 something, i currently have a 143 keeper actually.

Been roaming around and have not seen a soul?

hard to find people unless you know where to look unfortunately :/

most people are in ely at kite hill... hardly anyone level's the old school way which is very unfortunate because with a decent team it's much faster than with a kite anyway.

try advertising a bit in OA/bor and see if you can find someone to do something with. there are people around, but it's a bit tough to find them

Quote Originally Posted by Devil-or-Angel View Post
    Ah i see, my original Character was a solider but only got to 70 something, i currently have a 143 keeper actually.

Been roaming around and have not seen a soul?
    Be prepared to either level alone or pay for kiteteam. If you get lucky, you might find a team or two sometimes, but mostly game is very much dead.
    Crat would work well. They are wanted in those few teams u might find, and you will be a great soloer plus you'll be strong endgame.

Make sure you find out how to do the daily quests. Up until level 100+ you will run into a lot of people when you do the elite missions and they are all quite soloable but people are very team friendly. unfortunately 100+ elite missions are in non level locked instances so people just afk while a 220 does the quest.

quick question i was just wandering around and found a dungeon or something and now i am a few floors down, do i have to walk the whole way out or is there a quicker way?

Send me a message in game Devil, name is Beatlejoose.

I've been looking for some people to play with and I may have a toon around your level.