Thread: IP resets?

IP resets?

I've never had a problem with IP resets, when SL came out the perk system was harder to deal with for me then the skill system.

3 days to reset a perk was really annoying and I was running around with a messed up MP for awhile.

Someone told me the other day that they came back recently and their characters are from so many years ago and are broken because they can't IP reset.

I don't know how much of a problem this is for people starting the game, I do remember seeing a low level newb advy using a shotgun back in 2004, I asked them why and they didn't understand the IP system and wanted to use a shotgun.

Is this a big concern for new players? And if so was FC's fix for it to sell IP reset points in the item store?

i dont understand your question
    if you want other perks, you do a perk rest (or full perk reset)
    if you want other skills, you do ip reset (or full ip reset)
    if you dont have enough ip resets, you buy them from items store (or buy a breed change which resets all your skills also)
    and ofc new players will mess up skills on their first toon, we all did that but we learn from our mistakes

later edit: you can also buy ip resets from le shops or loot them from s42 (if you dont want to spend money on item store)
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    later edit: you can also buy ip resets from le shops or loot them from s42 (if you dont want to spend money on item store)
    you can buy them in Jobe Plaza as well for mere credits

(136m-ish credits at 1941 CL)
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    you can buy them in Jobe Plaza as well for mere credits

(136m-ish credits at 1941 CL)

I already know about the unlearning device and it's about 250m for someone who probably will need it.

But even if they could get them for 100m, someone with a totally broken character with no resets left probably can't afford to spend 1 billion credits to get 10 IP reset points. Or even half a billion for 5 IP reset points.

But I cleared things up in my head myself once i remembered the ""suggested IP distribution" system that was added years ago.

I am guessing they added the "suggested IP distribution" system from levels 1-20 to help prevent people from breaking their characters..up until the other day I wasn't even aware people out there had characters that where unplayable due to misspent IP and multiple IP resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    i dont understand your question
    if you want other perks, you do a perk rest (or full perk reset)
    if you want other skills, you do ip reset (or full ip reset)
    if you dont have enough ip resets, you buy them from items store (or buy a breed change which resets all your skills also)
    and ofc new players will mess up skills on their first toon, we all did that but we learn from our mistakes

I was just wondering if this is still an issue for new players or was this a thing of the past.

But now I realize the addition of the "Suggested IP distribution" probably fixed the issue.

The buy-able IP resets are for people who want to reset over and over on purpose, and FC fixed the problem where newplayers break their characters buy teaching them how to spend IP for their characters.
    Last edited by juggaloklown; Jul 21st, 2014 at 01:55:03.

I don't see why we cant just reset skills. This is the thing that makes you roll a new char just because you want to try radically different setups. This is a game that has long passed its expiry date and don't see any reason why they can not allow unlimited skill resets, its not like you can reset them on the fly having to have unequipped everything to be able to reset. Infact it strikes me as almost retarded that you cant.

I've often wondered about this myself.

Having to unequip everything certainly makes sense in the AO setting.

But I guess it is in a way one of those unique things about AO. you have to either be thoughtful about your character as you progress or work hard to fix it to loot/buy resets.

The added Suggestion of IP distribution is only handy in so far as it robotizes IP distribution in the beginning. I would love to hear from people whether the feature actually taught them how to do it, or if they're just parroting along.

Doing it like a parrot, while not completely incorrect. To me seems less than Ideal.
    You should know why you're putting the IP where you are.

Here's to hoping the NPE will have some aspect of this covered. Or something.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Breed changes come with a full ip reset
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Breed changes come with a full ip reset
    also you can go on test server and try whatever setup you want on any prof
    auto2.0 gives you almost every item you need, gives you levels, ai lvls, research, credits, perk resets, ip resets, etc
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

not something a newbie would be doing
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.