Thread: need soldier advice

Angry need soldier advice

Hey forums, XD

I decided to reroll a soldier; trox as of now. I had a soli soldier before, but deleted him for space.

Here it goes: what weapons should I use (don't worry, I haz information XD)
    I originally rolled a trox to be ar all the way, but realize that the pblasters FA recharge takes 2000ish FA to cap

I planned to just use Pblasters all the way to 150 to save time twinking, and credz. But at 150 (tl5), I was planning to go JPGPP+KMP (a nice DD setup w/o ai armor) to level some more.

I was wondering is this is a good choice, especially since I'll have a faster FA, a slower burst ( estimated 24 secs vs spb's capped burst), but i'll have access to fling? (I read many ambiguous threads about this dilemma, but still can't conjure an answer)

I can afford the JPGPP, but will probably never see the energy gloves (electro something gloves) , and can't afford RPB/ Ai armor (just saying in case anyone mentions; as a leveling solja, i would skip these until endgame anyway XD).

Also, if I was to go Kmp+Jpgpp, would trox be a silly choice. As of now, I have no intentions of pvping, thus, no use for MR. Aside from easy twinking in most armors (aside from CSS D:< /and alphas ), would trox still be viable, or should i jump on the soli bandwagon once again, or try opi .

I want to go DD pew pew solja so far, and probably smg/"reflect the madness out of you" at endgame (just wishful thinking)

P.s. Sorry for not having any mock setups. My solja is level 17, so it's no problem to reroll. I truly do not want a solitus, but if soli is the best case, I guess I have no choice.

Thanks >:3
    Last edited by smiles1k; Feb 15th, 2011 at 07:50:25.

Imo its a good choice until 210, then go d-shark (and later Anger when you can cap it) for PvP or dual Envys for PvE ^^
    Last edited by Rktim; Feb 15th, 2011 at 18:08:13.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Trox will end up with more AR and higher FA skill than solitus. Only downside to trox as I see it is not being able to put on certain alpha symbs. Right-hand, chest, left-arm are afaik impossible at the moment. But, hanging in there, I'm sure we will see them equipped at some point too. It wasn't too long ago no one could get on intelligent symbs at all

I am very happy being trox. I don't get survival, but it saves me from the dilemma of whether or not to perk nano combat over beta genome. + trox looks better
    Mostro 220/30

PUNK

Go Pblaster to 120ish, do Jobe gun + Blinded Blackbird, do this to 210, go Dshark or Anger = Pwnage

Need any more advice send me tell to Dudidamage if your on RK1
    Dudidamage, The PvM gimp E : 220/2x (Winning)

Facebashr: you support clan or omni ? ****: meh ****: omni =P Facebashr: that leaves me no choice. You gained 120 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedytrox View Post
    Go Pblaster to 120ish, do Jobe gun + Blinded Blackbird, do this to 210, go Dshark or Anger = Pwnage

Although this does considerable damage on RK, I disagree with using this for leveling in SL, based on the minimum damage on the BB being so low. I would advise you to just hang in there and use SPB all the way. Its also easier to buff just one damage type.
    Mostro 220/30

PUNK

Way I did was I bummed around with crappy pistols and/or SMGs as I hit about level 70, at which point I could twink on a 140 jobe pistol I paired with a CDR. I upgraded the Jobe pistol as I levelled, then when I hit 100 was able to get a KMP on (not enough IP before then) to replace the CDR.

I went with a full-bore DD setup, and while I was cranking out massive amounts of violence it resulted in my HP being extremely low. Since you won't be using things like RPBs and electro gloves, this may not be the case for you. I also didn't perk colossal health in favor of SMG mastery for more DD.

Jobe/KMP takes some effort, but the additional damage is well worth it. While your individual FAs will be lower, you'll fire them much more often than SPB users. If you do go with a Jobe/pistol KMP setup, it should OD assault rifles through to endgame if you do it right. At endgame, you will want to switch over to Envy/Rapier or Envy/Rhat'ata as soon as you can. This will shift your focus from damage buffing to full auto, but so long as you have the Envy's recharge under 18 seconds (it takes 2425 FA skill to get it to 11s) you'll be ODing the Jobe pistol.

Assault rifles are a good, minimal effort option if doing max DD isn't an obsession, and perform far better in PvP against high-evade enemies.

EDIT: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=113293 was my setup on Wenona at TL6, but it can be easily modified to remove items you're not going to use/are too high QL. There's not a stitch of alien armor in it. Also disregard the fact that there's 40 perks - I was using this page for my endgame perk setup, too.
    Last edited by Berinda; Feb 15th, 2011 at 17:49:11.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

About breeds, opi/soli is the easier choice symb/etc wise at endgame, but if you're sure you'll stay PvM DD soldier, then trox's the choice for you, as, with correct items, you can use a lot more DD++ stuff and still have over 2425 FA skill (to cap the FA cycle of Envy) than other breeds cause of your superior stre and sta trickle.

At 150, you might want to consider using Ofab Hawk mk3 or 5 (on offhand) instead of KMP5. You'll lose fling, but Hawk has around 15 seconds faster burst cycle than KMP which could net you more overall damage, depending on your numbers.

Also, Electro gloves aren't all that rare, just do some city raids (or /LFT for 'em if your org doesn't have a city), not too many people are after them nowadays.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    I am very happy being trox. I don't get survival, but it saves me from the dilemma of whether or not to perk nano combat over beta genome. + trox looks better
    Lol, the reason I rolled a trox. Troxes look freaking awesome as soljas. Also, Kmp+Jobe are both energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedytrox View Post
    BBB kinda lacks in sl. It's pretty solid against the 110ish Tiigs, but is horribly on hecks. Thx for offering ingame advice, unfortunately, I'm on RK2.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Way I did was I bummed around with crappy pistols and/or SMGs as I hit about level 70, at which point I could twink on a 140 jobe pistol I paired with a CDR. I upgraded the Jobe pistol as I levelled, then when I hit 100 was able to get a KMP on (not enough IP before then) to replace the CDR.

I went with a full-bore DD setup, and while I was cranking out massive amounts of violence it resulted in my HP being extremely low. Since you won't be using things like RPBs and electro gloves, this may not be the case for you. I also didn't perk colossal health in favor of SMG mastery for more DD.

Jobe/KMP takes some effort, but the additional damage is well worth it. While your individual FAs will be lower, you'll fire them much more often than SPB users. If you do go with a Jobe/pistol KMP setup, it should OD assault rifles through to endgame if you do it right. At endgame, you will want to switch over to Envy/Rapier or Envy/Rhat'ata as soon as you can. This will shift your focus from damage buffing to full auto, but so long as you have the Envy's recharge under 18 seconds (it takes 2425 FA skill to get it to 11s) you'll be ODing the Jobe pistol.

Assault rifles are a good, minimal effort option if doing max DD isn't an obsession, and perform far better in PvP against high-evade enemies.

EDIT: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=113293 was my setup on Wenona at TL6, but it can be easily modified to remove items you're not going to use/are too high QL. There's not a stitch of alien armor in it. Also disregard the fact that there's 40 perks - I was using this page for my endgame perk setup, too.
    Thanks for posting your tl6 setup, helped a lot. I probably will never see a RBP; too poor. I originally planned to use the Ofab back in its place (reanimated ranger until I could equip), and stride a little to the defensive side (HD/reflects) to save money. Most likely, I can skip out on the colossal health since I'm trox.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    About breeds, opi/soli is the easier choice symb/etc wise at endgame, but if you're sure you'll stay PvM DD soldier, then trox's the choice for you, as, with correct items, you can use a lot more DD++ stuff and still have over 2425 FA skill (to cap the FA cycle of Envy) than other breeds cause of your superior stre and sta trickle.

At 150, you might want to consider using Ofab Hawk mk3 or 5 (on offhand) instead of KMP5. You'll lose fling, but Hawk has around 15 seconds faster burst cycle than KMP which could net you more overall damage, depending on your numbers.

Also, Electro gloves aren't all that rare, just do some city raids (or /LFT for 'em if your org doesn't have a city), not too many people are after them nowadays.
    I wanted to go hawke, but it'll kinda be a waste, being that I didn't plan to stay at 150ish too long. Also, I'm going to try my best and get those gloves. If I can't find them, I guess I'll wear some ofab.
    Last edited by smiles1k; Feb 15th, 2011 at 19:25:17.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles1k View Post
    Also, I'm going to try my best and get those gloves. If I can't find them, I guess I'll wear some ofab.
    The energy gloves are not very rare, especially at lower QLs; I'm sure if you farm the hell out of alien raids you'll find some.

Do keep in mind at TL7, you are more than likely going to need Ofab gloves to cap refresh on the Envy. I've done just about everything I can, and I'm still 30 points or so FA short to be able to start using Wen's electro gloves again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG