Thread: n00bish question

n00bish question

Is there a new-ish proc or something on the Shield of Asmodian that adds extra defense?

Nothing new on the SoA, but the MP starter shield (+10 Energy/Melee/Projectile AC) gets an upgrade (Caustic Meta Shield) that is essentially much better AC's (+75) and a bonus to health (+20).

SoA is still +210 to AAD, +30 fire refect, +410 AC

Now if they DO improve it, I'd be a happy camper.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

SoA hasn't recieved any upgrades in um.... how long? ()

Anyways, MP has a pair of LE procs that give +350 evades combined (1 type 1, and 1 type 2). Can't remember their names yet, but they're in level 7 and 8 research iirc.
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

Anticipated Evasion is a level 9 research proc and gives +250 to all evades, while Regain Focus is I think a level 2 or 3 research proc and gives +100. They're in different lines and are of different types (you can run both) so you'd need to look for 'em but that's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Anticipated Evasion is a level 9 research proc and gives +250 to all evades, while Regain Focus is I think a level 2 or 3 research proc and gives +100. They're in different lines and are of different types (you can run both) so you'd need to look for 'em but that's not hard.
    I was close...
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

thats the proc setup i use.. and i highly highly recommend it.

it was much better when other init's and dmg triggered procs.. but there was some exploitation of it by some people.. so now only succesful weapon hits trigger

it's still a good setup if you get both procs to fire at the same time and have decent evades already and are on full def (ya i know a lot of "if" & "and") it can actually make a real difference.

the dmg procs are'nt all that hot anyway.. not really tried the -init procs.. the nsd proc looks promising but i dont have it yet so the evade procs seem the obvious champ.. at least in my setups.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Davias View Post
    Nothing new on the SoA, but the MP starter shield (+10 Energy/Melee/Projectile AC) gets an upgrade (Caustic Meta Shield) that is essentially much better AC's (+75) and a bonus to health (+20).

SoA is still +210 to AAD, +30 fire refect, +410 AC

Now if they DO improve it, I'd be a happy camper.
    Says 30 fire reflect, I've noticed it never seems to reflect fire damage, though oddly enough it does seem to reflect radiation damage, so no complaints here.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Says 30 fire reflect, I've noticed it never seems to reflect fire damage, though oddly enough it does seem to reflect radiation damage, so no complaints here.
    It reflects fire damage. You mistook it for max-reflected... You are getting hit for 30% less of fire damage, but since it has no "maxreflected fire damage" - it hits for nothing. Try to remove boots in inferno with and without shield.
    Last edited by kuznechik; Jul 29th, 2007 at 08:49:02.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I've been hit with fire damage from turrets in missions to know effect, but while being attacked with rad damage I was surprised to find that even though I had no other reflects whatsoever that damage was in fact being reflected, I'll test it again later, but this was recently.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.