Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Sums it up for me. Lindelu is in charge and there doesn't seem to be any compromise.

I want to point out that not everyone hopped on the "S10 Billionaire Bandwagon" and have froob toons just to hold their credits. So, bleed us all with the the GMI. Bleed the orgs as well. Doesn't matter how the player feels. Lindelu is restructuring AO as she sees fit and if you don't agree, remember, she's running the show. Might as well save your breath.

/refusestograbankles
    I think this is a relevant admission of reality. In fact, I don't see how anyone would question that. FC is a company (a publicly traded one), it's products and services and their customers don't tend to have a 'compromising' relationship. No single person should think they are going to bully FC on the forums into making a change to the game. The communication is always related to the fact that FC makes a decision to make a change. If it's based on player feedback, they tell us, but most the time, it's not. Lindelu is right and anyone with a sense of how business works understands what she's talking about. Unless you are a shareholder in FC, WE do not have a say in how they run their business. That EVEN comes down to how they implement the newest shiny thing or the way they decide to communicate with us.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Unless they don't roll one of the 5 essential professions.
    I honestly expect an "AO NGE" to be on its way, where the current 14 professions will be merged and spliced together to make 5 or 6 "classes". It's fairly obvious that the current dev team is undermanned and overwhelmed by the thought of rebalancing all of the current professions. So it only makes sense ( from a dev point of view ) to decide that, instead of band-aiding 14 profs, they can handle completely re-doing 5 or 6 classes. It also fits the obvious need to filter and streamline AO for the casual chump, er...player they're hoping to attract.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 10th, 2012 at 20:15:59.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    I honestly expect an "AO NGE" to be on its way, where the current 14 professions will be merged and spliced together to make 5 or 6 "classes".
    This isn't going to happen. I can't state that clearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Thank you. Of course you know, we're going to hold you to that.

Unless they don't roll one of the 5 essential professions.
    Don't worry, after the rebalance there will be... oh, wait, no, they'll still be the best.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    RK2 has half the population of RK1.
    Not according to FCs stats...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    and when was the last time you believed what fc said?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    and when was the last time you believed what fc said?
    2002 perhaps. But I thought ellipsis at the end of my sentence was a giveaway for the sarcasm...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    If RK2 pop is actually more than RK1 pop, the game is in real trouble.

I couldn't believe logging into RK2 and seeing Omni OOC chat completely dead for the hours I was on. Only time I say activity in the chat was a few ( as in 3 ) posts in the trade channel.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 10th, 2012 at 21:50:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    If RK2 pop is actually more than RK1 pop, the game is in real trouble.

I couldn't believe logging into RK2 and seeing Omni OOC chat completely dead for the hours I was on. Only time I say activity in the chat was a few ( as in 3 ) posts in the trade channel.
    RK1 is just as dead. I actually saw more activity on RK2.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Just like the new new engine amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If it's based on player feedback, they tell us, but most the time, it's not. Lindelu is right and anyone with a sense of how business works understands what she's talking about.
    Your logic, and apparently FC's as well, is why other game companies are making titles that people want to play and FC isn't. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

RK1 is just as dead. I actually saw more activity on RK2.
    [Mercury Dragons] Militarynet: 18 members online BBIN:0 online

That is just my org, plenty more clanners in OA on RK1, by FE, CMA and OAG.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Just like the new new engine amirite?
    zing!

Just because SL feels like fantasy, it does not mean it is. Like the Nox in Stargate SG-1 (if you are into sci fi, you KNOW this tv series).
    Sadly it seems people think if it's not obviously Sci-Fi like Star Trek then it's Fantasy and no argument can be made to persuade them otherwise.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Sadly it seems people think if it's not obviously Sci-Fi like Star Trek then it's Fantasy and no argument can be made to persuade them otherwise.
    Stargate is some of the worst sci-fi ever
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Stargate is some of the worst sci-fi ever
    I hope you are not lumping SG1 into that statement or I may just have to slap you.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Then if everyone is a new player, the changes will not seem drastic or anything to them.
    Oh, right. Lets also plant Beast on Noob Island so it constantly kills all the new players - they're new so it will seem normal.

[Mercury Dragons] Militarynet: 18 members online.
    Cool story bro*

*i got to run , Mogan Fox wants to party again**

**posted from my spaceship

I'm standing in Borealis right now on both servers. More people on RK2.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast