Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: nullity sphere 2

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Gotta love how you are projecting.

Also I've been playing for the past 2 months.

Oh, I didn't realise you started out on an NT with the capability to cast all the top-end nanos for that level
    Everything you spout is pure misinformation, 2months after how long not in game? If you actually played NT, you would know they don't NEED the top end nanos to do any of the solo play I or Masta has said... catacombs pfft blind root nuke, calm adds, layers is not a hard formula.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Everything you spout is pure misinformation, 2months after how long not in game? If you actually played NT, you would know they don't NEED the top end nanos to do any of the solo play I or Masta has said... catacombs pfft blind root nuke, calm adds, layers is not a hard formula.
    After a year. Nothing has changed, don't even bother trying to say it has.

And my example was not Catacombs. Please learn to read. The simple fact of the matter is, NS2 is an integral part of the kit of an NT, it is a requirement for a large amount of 150+ SL solo play. Trying to argue that point is ridiculous.

After all, I've never actually played NT
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

The simple fact of the matter is, NS2 is an integral part of the kit of an NT, it is a requirement for a large amount of 150+ SL solo play. Trying to argue that point is ridiculous.
    There in is where it seems you and a few others differ from the norm. Most in fact I will say the majority of NT's learn the best defense is not getting hit at all. Trying to stand toe to toe with someone or something as an NT is pure folly. The only thing NS is good for is resetting your layers or giving you an extra shot at calming/ stim heals. To say it is critical makes me laugh. It's nice to have but a far better skilled NT is rarely in a position where NS is needed, and most certainly it's not something that is depended on. Being rooted is never a good idea for an NT.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Psikie and Masta are rarely if ever wrong in regards to this game and are 2 of the best players in the game.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by smokex View Post
    psikie and masta are rarely if ever wrong in regards to this game and are 2 of the best players in the game.

8/10!!
    Varsbot
    Variable004

psikie and masta are rarely if ever wrong in regards to this game and are 2 of the best players in the game.
    rofl!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Do you even play AO? Root and nuke things with a 40m attack range, in a game with a 40m visual range. I'd love to know how you circumvent core game principles

Best solo toolset in the game?

Shade
    Crat
    Enforcer
    Solder
    Doc
    Fixers
    Traders

All these have a far superior soloing toolset.
    You can use line of sight to solo pretty much anything. Tedious, not really fun, and takes forever.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Psikie and Masta are rarely if ever wrong in regards to this game and are 2 of the best players in the game.
    Finally someone with some sense! I'm so glad we are now in agreement.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'm convinced there are some trolls in these here forum.

I think the solo list varies on the mob and professions toolsets meaning that list is somewhat dodgy after the first two. Getting off topic any how.

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

900 mil is so easy to earn for a 100ish NT...

Get a friend as OST and nuke away.
    3 million per level every 5 minutes x 5 PL slots = 300 million for the tank and you per hour.

NS2 has this price, because people can afford to pay that price.

Actualy there is sooo many ways to make quick cash in AO that I do wonder how come the stuff is not more expensive.

Tutomech 220/29/68 eng [ Eq ] || Tutodoc 150/20/42 doc [ Eq ] || Tutoblitz 60/6/21 fix [ Eq ] || Tutofarm 83/8/28 nt [ Eq ] || Tutoforce 220/2_/__ enf || Tutotaxer 220/__/__ tra

Maxisfix: Arguing on the forums is like the special Olympics, even if you win, you are still a retard.
    Yehuda Bauer: Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.
    Tutomech: There is no real need in a virtual world, therefore: NEED = GREED.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    There in is where it seems you and a few others differ from the norm. Most in fact I will say the majority of NT's learn the best defense is not getting hit at all. Trying to stand toe to toe with someone or something as an NT is pure folly. The only thing NS is good for is resetting your layers or giving you an extra shot at calming/ stim heals. To say it is critical makes me laugh. It's nice to have but a far better skilled NT is rarely in a position where NS is needed, and most certainly it's not something that is depended on. Being rooted is never a good idea for an NT.
    @ 215+ when you can start to have a solid defensive setup and nice DDing from dot+dm, it sounds rather foolish to follow your method. That's when you can finally really start to use your toolset, cycling dazzle, both blinds, ns2, layer, healdelta ticks, heals... whatever you got at disposal. And then root+nuke(+LoS) becomes just an emergency tool.

I dunno what's wrong with you that you think root+nuke needs "skills" it's dull, boring and inneficient but sure you can do like that when you really need...

On topic, ns2 is super cheap considering whole nt setup cost at 220, and ns1 sounds way enough to me for a broke leveling player. Nothing to see there, no issue !

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    I dunno what's wrong with you that you think root+nuke needs "skills" it's dull, boring and inneficient but sure you can do like that when you really need...
    Might want to re-read what I posted, the point was NS2 is not NECESSARY and as an NT you "can" get by perfectly fine without it.

For someone to post it is too hard to solo Pen mobs at 175+ without NS2 is ridiculous. Especially when 175+ NT's are kiting Inf dynas. If standing toe to toe with red mobs is more their style of play with an O-Snap nano perhaps they should try soldier instead.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'd like to offer some input!

When I started playing, I bought NS2 for 40m. It was before Shadowlands, so dyna hunting and RK missions were vastly more popular than they are today. On top of that, mobs at Polymorphed Lunatic also dropped the NS2 nano, which they do not do now.

Although I personally think NS2 is a required nano, I can see why some people disagree. I guess it all comes down to play style. The fact of the matter is, yes, the nano is too rare now days. With a bit of searching, it's easy to see that there have only been two NS2 nanos sold within the last 70 days or so. The nano is so incredibly rare, there is no point in actively trying to "farm" it. The people that find NS2 are just "lucky" and just happen to stumble upon it while searching for other loot in the process.

The only nano that can compare to NS2 in terms of rarity and in price is GA4. The difference being that the actual NEED for GA4 is a lot lower than the need for NS2, considering GA4 is a twink nano and NS2 is a nano that ALL Nano Technicians can use past level 100 (or lower).

You can't compare NS2 with high price armors, because no matter the price of the armor, you can always find someone selling the armor, even if it is a ridiculous price. That isn't the case right now. I could offer 2 billion creds for an NS2, and would get no bites, because the nano simply isn't dropping enough.

And a response to Dj's last post:

Yes, even if Ns2 costs 1b creds, an end game NT will still cost less than anything end game that needs multiple pieces of CC/CSS. I don't think that's necessarily the point, though. With the rarity of NS2 in its current form, an end game NT might have to wait months on top of months (it wouldnt even be a stretch to say years at this point) to get this nano.

That's simply too rare.

TL;DR - Don't care about actual price of nano. Care about the mind-blowing rarity of the nano.
    Last edited by DecemberSky; May 13th, 2013 at 20:29:55.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    I'd like to offer some input!

When I started playing, I bought NS2 for 40m. It was before Shadowlands, so dyna hunting and RK missions were vastly more popular than they are today. On top of that, mobs at Polymorphed Lunatic also dropped the NS2 nano, which they do not do now.

Although I personally think NS2 is a required nano, I can see why some people disagree. I guess it all comes down to play style. The fact of the matter is, yes, the nano is too rare now days. With a bit of searching, it's easy to see that there have only been two NS2 nanos sold within the last 70 days or so. The nano is so incredibly rare, there is no point in actively trying to "farm" it. The people that find NS2 are just "lucky" and just happen to stumble upon it while searching for other loot in the process.

The only nano that can compare to NS2 in terms of rarity and in price is GA4. The difference being that the actual NEED for GA4 is a lot lower than the need for NS2, considering GA4 is a twink nano and NS2 is a nano that ALL Nano Technicians can use past level 100 (or lower).

You can't compare NS2 with high price armors, because no matter the price of the armor, you can always find someone selling the armor, even if it is a ridiculous price. That isn't the case right now. I could offer 2 billion creds for an NS2, and would get no bites, because the nano simply isn't dropping enough.

And a response to Dj's last post:

Yes, even if Ns2 costs 1b creds, an end game NT will still cost less than anything end game that needs multiple pieces of CC/CSS. I don't think that's necessarily the point, though. With the rarity of NS2 in its current form, an end game NT might have to wait months on top of months (it wouldnt even be a stretch to say years at this point) to get this nano.

That's simply too rare.

TL;DR - Don't care about actual price of nano. Care about the mind-blowing rarity of the nano.
    Read my mind. I'm more than happy to pay silly prices for uber things, but i want those things to at least have -some- availability. I'm not talking about being spoon-feedingly abundant, i'm talking about available at all.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Just thought I would chip in and let you all know I found 2x NS2 discs in 4 weeks.

Not as rare as you make it out to be.
    Nokeeper. 220/30/80 Godfather. Equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=161560
    Cerumen. 220/30/70 Healpole.
    Battlesuit. 219/30/xx PewPew.
    + Alt army.

It's a lot less rare than grid armors, but the problem is the number of people doing the content that generate it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by mjuler View Post
    Just thought I would chip in and let you all know I found 2x NS2 discs in 4 weeks.

Not as rare as you make it out to be.
    Care to show where/how? :-)
    Proud Member of Paradise

Missions of appropriate Level, is my guess...

As that's how I've seen GA and NS2 before. My 128 NT has NS2, which I forgot about hehehe.

Seeing as it's that QL fill a team with friends, roll a bunch of missions around that level with max chests(Full Hidden and Stealth, last I checked, gives the most.) or go kill Dyna's at or around that QL.

Just do the missions :P
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

if ns II gonna be a quest item hand me my 900m back or back off and suffer and pay like the rest

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast