Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NT and systemchanges on the beta server

NT and systemchanges on the beta server

Hello fellow NTs!

So as you may know, the 18.7 series patch and the major change associated with that, the new engine, are in closed beta on a seperate AO server.

There, multiple different changes to the way AO works are being rolled out, and among those changes are some pretty drastic changes to the way certain profession's nanos work. For instance, keeper auras will now somehow scale with the keeper's nanoskills for that aura, instead of having to buy new auras whenever they can attain one. the same is true for MPs pets, and I am guessing the engie pets in the future.

What does this mean for NTs? Well, so far, not much of anything has changed on our end. The so-far major thing that's been changed is the fact that the cyberdeck is now a weapon and that NTs now start out with a basic cyberdeck at level 1, that functions as a weapon. This is going to be a twohanded weapon, and it uses MC for its attack damage scaling and Nanoinit for its speed scaling.

I will naturally update this thread whenever something new happens, and I will be happy to answer any questions and forward any that I do not know the answer to to the devs and try to get an answer.

UPDATE 04/03/14

Neuronal Stimulator has been made a crat, MP and NT nano. It now buffs 23 int/psy, to coincide with the removal of those stats from Improved Cut Red Tape.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 4th, 2014 at 18:19:23.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Whoa, was considering re subbing but now this has me really interested. We have only been begging for that for what? 10 years?
    RK1 Omni
    220/24 NT
    212/14 Keeper
    172/12 Advie
    150/5 Shade
    various lowbies

How far does the cyberdeck scale damagewise? Would max MC setup be viable DD-wise at 220, or at lower levels, like 150, where %nano damage isn't as readily available as in TL7?
    Also, will cyberdeck be ranged or melee weapon? If the latter, NTs would be the first melee prof with access to roots on will, which'll make keepers and MAs mad. =P
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    How far does the cyberdeck scale damagewise? Would max MC setup be viable DD-wise at 220, or at lower levels, like 150, where %nano damage isn't as readily available as in TL7?
    Also, will cyberdeck be ranged or melee weapon? If the latter, NTs would be the first melee prof with access to roots on will, which'll make keepers and MAs mad. =P
    Am not sure about the damage scaling, I will try to find out. However, one thing to consider is that our nanosituation will likely be very, very different in the future. Many other nanos are being converted to a scaling model, and I'm sure we'll see something similar for NT nukes.

The cyberdeck is a ranged weapon.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

effin finally.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Great news

Are NT nukes going to be getting the 'scaling with skills' treatment like pet nanos?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Thx, interesting news.

mmm, the devil is in the details.

If fc goes from the idea that we will max mc and make the new nukes with that in mind, all we may end up with is loosing lots of nr, some evades, for kinda the same dmg.

Completely depends on the implementation... but the unlinkedness (lol) between our mc and our dmg is what allows us to go nr, and focus more on evades, for more defensive setups, that are more fun than the full mc setups. Well, cb is a big part of that too ofc.

Also, nt evades are good but not stellar... lower them too much and blinds (the -off effect) become useless (mostly in pvp), with dazzle already landing less easily (in pvp) and our run speed being comparatively lowered inside the bs due to buffs not being purged anymore and us not being able to get fgrid due to our evade buff.

Not a whining, not even saying those are undisputable facts... just food for thoughts.

On a totally unrelated note... would be nice if deck wasn't required for launching cb... been making the case that it wouldn't change nt strenght but open the profession to more fun setups... for 6 years now :\.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

What's the point in making the cyberdeck a weapon when you're unable to land normal attacks while executing nanos...

Probably a code reorganization more than a new feature in itself.

Mmm, if it's a weapon, will we need to be in fight mode to nuke?

You can nuke without fighting, as usual. The point, I guess, is to change things around. We have no updates on what will happen to our nanos so any real speculation on that area is not really a thing atm. Besides it will increase dmg output in pvm as is without you having to do anything but press Q.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You can nuke without fighting, as usual. The point, I guess, is to change things around. We have no updates on what will happen to our nanos so any real speculation on that area is not really a thing atm. Besides it will increase dmg output in pvm as is without you having to do anything but press Q.
    I thought we weren't going to speculate .

My guess is a chance for Deck weapon to hit while in recharge on slow nanos.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Hmmm. Ok, downloading client.....

What about our LE-Procs? Do we still need to geht hit or can they proc on an successful attack with the deck?

OMG does this mean my pistol NT setup is now worthless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    OMG does this mean my pistol NT setup is now worthless?
    If you think about it, that would be a pretty awesome thing
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Archeron View Post
    What about our LE-Procs? Do we still need to geht hit or can they proc on an successful attack with the deck?
    I don't think it would necessarily be better for us if they could proc on hitting instead of on being hit due to our nukes having long cast/recharges. I also doubt that dots would get more than one chance of triggering due to the way they are handled but I might be wrong.

The love glove is such an awesome, fun (PVM) change... Interested to see how the scaling pans out. Q in recharge is a thing, but we do spend more time in attack than in recharge. Would love to calc out the benefits vs having something with low-cycle specials you can fire off whenever...

No Atrox Allowed!
    Straes ::::::: 220/30 NT?! :::::::::::: saving the day 24/7. YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Slugjunkie :: 150/20 Ex-Pistol Solja :: gimpin' > pimpin'
    stray alts ::: eng, agt, cra, nt, doc
    <3 R.I.P. Omni Infantry <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Trader alpha: Landing any nano then taking as long as you possibly want and/or feel like to kill people with regulars.

I don't think it could possibly pay off to spend any time at all trying to calculate anything based off of current nanos.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    The cyberdeck is a ranged weapon.
    But will it finally make those flingshot symbs useful for something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast