Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubi-ka Only Char?

Rubi-ka Only Char?

I'm going to start this by saying i hate everything that SL represents, and I loathe the existance of it. So, I'm making a Rubi-ka only char, and I have a couple questions...

What's the most viable class for doing this at this point in time. I want a profession that can solo when needed, and that kills pretty fast. Ability to stay alive is also a much desire feature :-P I also want a class that is exciting to play, not just hitting 'q' and watching the bars go down.

If anyone can point me to some rubika guides, where to go at what levels and anything else i might find helpful please post.

I'm looking forward to the classic approach to AO again.

ok, i understand that you dont want to step foot in sl... thats fine but do you have the sl exp pack so your toons can use the perks? this might help with the decisions others might make.
    Mouadiib - Crat (220) - Main
    Crishian - MP (220) - PVP MP
    Willitankit - Enfo (220) - I wanna sammich!
    Haliy - Doc (220) - Research galore... fun fun :/
    Xaii - Agent (220) - In hiding
    Vindeta - Engi (220) - TS Engi
    Vindetta - Soldier (220)
    Nisset - Shade (220)
    Mouaa - Trader (220)
    Rochambau - Froob Fixer (200)
    Lliaa - NT (126) - Ely kit xp powerlever
    Miserii - MP (100) Formans twink
    Kahluafix - Fix (60) GA3 totw twink

Yes I do have the SL exp

Quote Originally Posted by Pharasoth
    What's the most viable class for doing this at this point in time. I want a profession that can solo when needed, and that kills pretty fast. Ability to stay alive is also a much desire feature :-P I also want a class that is exciting to play, not just hitting 'q' and watching the bars go down.
    Adv's are great soloers, very good surviving skills and dish out loads of dmg.

MP's are also good soloers imo, they have healpet to keep them (or their pets)
    alive. MP's have 3 pet's to control + debuffs to cast, so u'll always have something to do rather then pusing 'Q' and wait for the mob to die.

At later lvl's all proffesions have tons of specs'n stuff to do due to the perk specs
    etc, so u'll get to do more then hitting 'q' what ever u choose.

Good luck!

I asume you wont be using any SL nano´s then either

Go Fixer, they rock on RK and you dont wanna go to SL if you have one.
    A mind is like a parachute - it only works if open.

Bojaka the Enforcer

Gonsales the fixer

smurf fixer = press 'q' and go do some house work while the mob die slooooowly

Edit*
    By smurf i mean fixer in grid armor in case u didnt get it
    Last edited by tobxtra; Jan 23rd, 2005 at 07:30:49.

Since you have the SL expo it opens a lot of possibilities, even though you won't take a step into SL

GA fixer is a very good idea. Try to get your damage up / practise your kiting skills, and you should be able to take out some of the bigger dynabosses located around RK

Adventurer with bio shielding and pistols are not a bad choise either. Best of luck!
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

shades are interressting :P

engi is nice too, until you wanna use the mechdog, requires some sl visits.
    crat, 1 bot 2 charmed pets to watch over, growd control, lots of things to do with crats. so basically take a pet class
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

glad to see i am not alone in the SL hating club
    I have all the expainsions, but SL is too much of a grind and too much fantasy. i will start shade one day as pure SL character so i will get quite different game. With my MA i am sticking to rubi-ka until i get to 200, which is not oging to happen in next few years :-D
    Characters: Groggy Solitus Soldier, Proud member of the Czech Anarchy; Pusinka Solitus Martial Artist, Proud member of the Czech Anarchy
    Player: Xentar - a Czech newbie

Reading through I haven't seen MA suggested, so I suggest that.

A doctor isn't a bad choice; I dusted off my doc after about two years of inactivity to help someone with a mission, and was able to keep up just fine with their Powered By Shadowlands characters. He didn't even have symbiants in.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    A doctor isn't a bad choice; I dusted off my doc after about two years of inactivity to help someone with a mission, and was able to keep up just fine with their Powered By Shadowlands characters. He didn't even have symbiants in.
    can doctors also be very experienced in the art of combat? As in like, can they also hithigh dmgs?

Quote Originally Posted by Atham
    can doctors also be very experienced in the art of combat? As in like, can they also hithigh dmgs?
    Back when my doctor was my main, the answer was "Not really". These days doctors have plenty of combat options to choose from, and I'll defer to the experts on what and how.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

A GA Fixer is a great choice.

A Martial Artist is also a very good RK choice (with or without SL exp)

The MA can heal decent, evade decent (w/ sl the acrobat perk line will make you untaouchable by lvl 150) And also.... with an MA... you do not have to purchase new weapons. You will always have your best 'guns' on hand.

Adventurers also a good choice. Bio/Shield + Acrobat. And they can usually roll up decent weapons to ql 200. (SOL Executioners)
    2004-2006, 2009 briefly. And back again in 2013 !

Doc is good in combat with the right gear and setup, If you are gonna use SL stuff u buy or that others get for you then you will be all the better.

Essentially a doctors role in solo combat is to Outlast, it can be boring but with high nano init and heals you can sit there in full defense with your dots, heals, UBT and a weapon to add a bit more damage and (depending on your level) solo pretty much any non-raid mob out there.

You might die of old age before the mob does tho (j/k)
    Neutral Adventurer of RK2

Squad commander of Underworld

Achiever 60%
    Explorer 60%
    Socializer 53%
    Killer 26%

Be a good solo class so when you're sitting on RK not getting xp teams you can solo to 200 I would suggest MA or Adv!
    Haxukthx - More than 11/16 as uber as Haminie

Teh Haxukthx Suq - Supreme Creator - 220+20 Levels of incarnator drama.

If you have access to perks and stuff and dont want to lvl in SL or get stuff there do a

pet profession

nice overequipping of pets and relaxed lvling on low HP mobs.
    Blachrain (lvl214 MA)
    Blachmoon (lvl210 Doc)
    Blachnote (lvl210 Crat)
    Pruegler (lvl200 Enforcer)
    CaptPJ (lvl200 Engineer)
    Cortega (lvl150 Fixer)
    Cannongirl (lvl130 Adv)
    Blachbeam (lvl115 NT)
    Wyrmbait (lvl73 Soldier)

Depend your playing style,

engineer or adventure.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Hi,
    what the others said.

I would propose either a MA/Adv for a solo class. Both can heal and both can deal damage on a fair level. As you said you don't want to stand there and wait...

On the other hand, Crat (bot+2charms) or MP(attack/mezz/heal) are very nice solo classes also - if properly twinked, overequipped and even provided with the required outside buffs they rock too. However, it might still be a bit boring to look how your pets are getting rid of all the mobs, so maybe the first proposal (direct damage) is more for you.

Have fun on RK.
    Regards,
    Cillfox
    Cillfox - 202 Omni Solitus MA (RK-1) view auno history
    Cillcrat - 84 Omni Solitus Crat (RK-1) view auno history
    Member of Illuminati

For solo-ability 175+ Nothing beats a doc. NOTHING.

Sure it takes us a while to kill stuff. Though are damage / sec may be lower than other classes our Max damage is much higher than anyone elses simply because they would expire long before we ever do. Theorhetically (sp?) doctors do infinate damage because we rarely have to leave the fight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast