Thread: Where?

Where?

Hey...

I know that this might be the wrong place to post, but i couldnt find a better place

Anyway, i just want to know where there is a place like the subways for a lvl 40 soldier. I have been looking and asking for days, but nobody knows. Isn´t there a place like that? I know the temple of three winds, but it sux i think.
    Last edited by Moses16001; Jan 22nd, 2005 at 12:33:53.

In this thread there's a few links concerning dungeons, else try Stratics, AOVault or some such site.
    But I think you're stuck with ToTW as far as dungeons go at L40ish..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I only do temple in team. But the temple sux... it takes 10-20min to get to the middle or whatever it is, and i usually dont get that far, because suddenly a noob comes running towards me with 30+ mad cultists after him and for a reason i dont know, they allways starts to attack me. And when i finaly get proberly into the temple, all the cultists are lvl 30 and less. And many of them are "grey" so i wont get XP, and all the stuff i loot, i cant sell because they are nodrop items.

So i would be happy if someone could tell me another location like the subways and temple.

Really, at your level, it is pretty much TOTW or nothing if you plan to solo. If you can get a team and want to take a tour of the planet you can try looking for information on the Foreman's Dungeon at the end of the Longest Road (called that for a reason! ) or the Steps of Madness in Greater Omni Forest.

In the Foreman's dungeon there is a robot boss (T.I.M.) at the end who drops a pretty decent scope that buffs ranged init by a little and in Steps of Madness there is a boss (Neleb) that drops a robe (Neleb's Robe) that buffs nanoskills by a little bit.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I have allready tried steps of madness and it sucked even more than TOTW. It took 5min killing a monster by 4 guys around lvl 35 and it gave 364XP.

The Foremans dungeon, can i use my normal first aid/treatment kits?

Foremans is on Rubi-Ka. SO you can use the RK treatment kits and stims.

Yeah the mobs in steps of madness have insane hp, i killed the boss with my engi around 95, bot was 115 and critted a lot on the boss for 1k+ the fight took minutes even so, and that guy was very grey to me, took my enf there and a lvl 35 mob took me over a minute to kill with 1800+ crits, bit to much i think.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Do you have SL? At 40 you can start to get Nas. heckler teams, that will take you up until 60-70. Level 40 on my old Enforcer, I stayed in ToTW until 60.. Took ahwile, but I mean, there isn't any fabulous XP spots on RK anymore.. Besides doing missions, which you can do all the way to 200 if you want. Only problem is finding teams to do missions anymore... Heh
    Surge 201 MA, Surgikal 150 Enf, Xeqtrr 128 Agent

What is Nas?

I think ToTW sux. I allways get killed, and XP is very low. Ofcourse i do it in teams, but i my teams allways get splitted up, and i end up being killed. I could run, but there is so many people in the temple that it lags so badly that sometimes i get killed because i cant "hit" the doorways.

Maybe i should try foremans.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses16001
    What is Nas?

I think ToTW sux. I allways get killed, and XP is very low. Ofcourse i do it in teams, but i my teams allways get splitted up, and i end up being killed. I could run, but there is so many people in the temple that it lags so badly that sometimes i get killed because i cant "hit" the doorways.

Maybe i should try foremans.
    Nas is short for Nascense. It is the first zone in the Shadowlands. You can only get there if you have the Shadowlands expansion.

Foreman's will be better as far as trains are concerned. It doesn't get as crowded as TOTW. However, don't expect really superior XP per mob. The dungeons on RK are more for the special loot than the XP, although, if you stay in there long enough and have a good team you can get decent XP per hour.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

if you want good XP on Rubi-Ka you gotta go outdoor hunting, that's what has got an XP modifier. So go find those old out door hunting threads and download the huge map with the dynas and go find the spots in Pleasant Meadows (8x8 and VBs) and Borgs in Mort.

Have fun.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

ToTW isn't about XP, it is for equipping your player to fight better and survive better. It is about collecting the no drop items that you need - Guardian Belt, Tank armour, robes, memory loop or dark memories etc.

I don't particularly like the temple, but it is something that I do with most of my characters because I need some of the items in there. I usually make a list of what I need (and a secondary list of what I would like) and go there with that aim. I soloed it with my Keeper and Enforcers from level 15. I managed to pick up a desolator at level 20 by fighting my way past some cultists as somebody was after the tear of Uklesh and was giving away the deso's...

Once I have the items on my list, I look at doing something else. For some characters, like my Crat and Engi, it is only really the Notum and Platinum rings and the Exarch robe that I need...

After the temple, I spend time gathering tokens, the token board is the cheapest and easiest worthwhile item of equipment to get, at least up to the 1k board at level 100... Getting the 1750 board is a bit more of a problem of course

There are plenty of outdoor places to go and plenty of special items to find.

The Nelebs robe is worth fighting for, yes the mobs are a pain, I did it with my trader for a friend, it didn't take long, but Neleb has some nasty absorbs, so debuffing him is necessary, a guildie helped my Engi get the robe, he was a 150 Enfo with a Queenblade and he was making only a couple of points of damage, it took forever!

There is plenty to do on RK as well as in SL. You don't have to go from camping place to camping place collecting special items, use what you have got and go exploring, do some missions inbetween.
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades