Thread: XP buff for Omni & Exit button in RK missions / SL (Inferno, Penumbra, etc. misions)

Arrow XP buff for Omni & Exit button in RK missions / SL (Inferno, Penumbra, etc. misions)

Hey there,

1. A while back, there was an "I Win!" button in Omni-Ent which, when pressed, buffed Omnis with 35% XP buff. The same buff Union mob in 4Holes gives. It is no longer there.
    The Union's aura which refreshes every 10 minutes is sided: clan. If Omnis want to get the buff, they have to kill the mob. And it's a pretty high level mob, requiring a twinked 220 to kill it.

Question is: why isn't there an Omni mob, General or Squadleader or something like that, which does the same thing as the Union in 4Holes for Clans? Why do Omnis have to find a 220 to kill it - which takes a while - while opening themselves to being ganked by any Clan who is range, while Clans get it freely? If there is no actual reason for this, Omnis should get their own buff.

2. For a while now, people have asked for an Exit button in Boss room in Team RK missions and SL missions. Which is a pretty good and effective ideea.
    You entered the mission, killed everything you wanted/needed to and you want to get out. Why do you have to run all the way instead of having an exit button for a fast exit? If you want to loot chests or run the way back, you are free to do so. But most of the people only want either the reward or boss kill in Team RK missions or to farm XP in SL missions and do it effectively. Having to run all the way back is a waste of time and seem pointless if you don't want to loot chests.

Question is: will an exit button be implemented for Team RK missions and SL sided missions? Dungeons too.

Answer is exit button = $5 recall beacon from item shop/pay for your account and get one with vet points. I totally agree they should put this it, but I'm sure they just figure people will get sick of running back through missions and spend money in the item store on top of the ridiculously high monthly fee to play.

I got ganked by multiboxing omnis far to many times in 4holes to really care if they get a buff or not so yeah... theres that.

Bump for this to be seen. An exit button in missions/dungeons is a must have. As well as the buff for omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmyst View Post
    Answer is exit button = $5 recall beacon from item shop/pay for your account and get one with vet points. I totally agree they should put this it, but I'm sure they just figure people will get sick of running back through missions and spend money in the item store on top of the ridiculously high monthly fee to play.
    But the recall beacon brings you to Tir/Newland/Omni-1, so that's not really helping at all. Very often I pull a whole bunch of mishes in BS, to rush bosses for several things, and I'd really like an exit that brings me just back to the door. Like when you leave team in a team instance.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

There is also the beacon from veteran shop that takes you to your latest save point/terminal. But yes I do agree, there should be an exit button inside missions.
    Last edited by Qianjin; Aug 19th, 2014 at 18:46:55.
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Funcom employee

My quick and dirty solution for exit buttons would allow for exits from SL/LE/AI missions, though classic RK missions would prove to be more challenging. This is a QoL change I (and several of my predecessors) have wanted to do; I'd like to squeeze it in sooner than later.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Woo!!!!!!

Michi for gd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    My quick and dirty solution for exit buttons would allow for exits from SL/LE/AI missions, though classic RK missions would prove to be more challenging. This is a QoL change I (and several of my predecessors) have wanted to do; I'd like to squeeze it in sooner than later.
    But don't SL missions follow the same randomisation template as RK missions except with different 'sets'?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Dear Michizure,

It seems to me you are the few at Funcom who understands what is good, and what is bad for Anarchy online gamers.
    You work hard to make AO a enjoyable game, so Funcom can lives up to their name Fun.
    I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your generosity, activity and quick responding ingame whenever players petition about something, and for being skilled bugs hunter.
    Funcom needs more dedicated employees like you.

Thank You.

Best Regards,
    - A proud Michizure T-shirt owner
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Aug 20th, 2014 at 01:58:54.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

I want a Michizure T-Shirt too.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

I want a Michizure dinner jacket.

I want to take Michizure out to a nice seafood dinner and then call him the next day

I want Michizure's child!

No, wait. This is probably going too far...
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

When an mission instance is created, there is also the exit door at the very beginning which takes players back in front of the door/cave entrance/... they used to enter. Wouldn't it be technically possible to duplicate this exit door and place it at the boss room on instance creation?
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Dear Michizure,

- A proud Michizure T-shirt owner
    Got mine on my social tab, although it doesnt show Michi for GD! amazeballs to see someone actually get on the forums instead of us just bitching at eachother all the time thinking no one reads this anyways