Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: population is dead, give a free mounth to people who left?

population is dead, give a free mounth to people who left?

population is dead, give a free mounth to people who left?

or uppgrade froob accounts to shadowlands?

atleast take action into something, becose you cant delay anything to next year or next mounth anymore..

Yeah, if the game is going to last, they need to get population up. Waiting for the new engine is stupid, if nothing else is fixed (bugs, annoying game mechanics). The new engine will be an attraction -- at first -- until it seems like it was just a pretty gimmick providing a veneer over the same old problems.

well i have not left, just working all day. Gimme free month or 4 also, i pay you long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

They quit giving free months some years back. Said they were saving it for the new engine etc promo release. Look how well that's turned out...
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

anniversary coming..maybe free month and nerf-feast for buff items like new pbp with 1 yr subs ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

This is a nice idea but with the number of people that have left lately over the various issues such as costing and staged walkouts to name a couple, i doubt funcom will offer any free months for the people that left. With the punishment of the froobs lately i can only imagine alot of these changes are to try and punish the free player into upgrading (as its probably expected that paid people who leave just move to froob accounts) to make them more profit than lose out on profit by offering free months.

We can live in hope though i guess.

***Edit***

The game does seem so dead lately

they just need a better "Vetern" benefits...like new Pioneer Back Pack for accumuating 6+ years.....no drop pbp or so ^_=..win-win situation for FC and Vets.

mainly BETTER VETERN ITEMSHOP STUFF!

I reactivated a couple days back and I'm really in shock with how empty the game has become. It certainly isn't worth $15/month.. especially when you need multiple accounts just to get things done in a timely manner.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I reactivated a couple days back and I'm really in shock with how empty the game has become. It certainly isn't worth $15/month.. especially when you need multiple accounts just to get things done in a timely manner.
    Yep, BS hasnt ran in the past 3 days that I've been on for tl7. My account is paid through 2015 but I truly feel its a waste. I'm hoping something brings ALOT of players back for at least 6 months to make it worth it to me, otherwise it all seems quite wasteful.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

I'd play for free
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

YOU MEAN:

I'LL "pAID" FOR FREE ^_=

yeah the balance is never coming, and who cares about engine, graphic dont change anyting, its dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    yeah the balance is never coming, and who cares about engine, graphic dont change anyting, its dumb
    They've done too much work on it by now to abandon it, and besides, the new engine should perform much better on modern hardware (which has been a problem for some people), so there is that to consider. It's not all about the appearance.

no but its still stupid that they realy belived a graphic shape would bring anything good to the game. graphics wont change anything at all.

the game remains 100% the same except that polished the graphic, so its still the same boring game with better graphic, how would that improve my time in ao?

this is the thing i wonderd about for years, its kinda sick that the dev team found out that they should invest all the creds on graphic improvements insted of bringing new instance, balanceing professions, bringing new items/content etc.. this would atleast kept on the old playerbase longer

Wildstar is almost out... so yay... For FC and this game, just shut the doors already, as you can see, feeding people false hopes so you can milk a few extra bucks is just not working out anymore.... I was surprised it did work for the last 5 years.

no but its still stupid that they realy belived a graphic shape would bring anything good to the game. graphics wont change anything at all.

the game remains 100% the same except that polished the graphic, so its still the same boring game with better graphic, how would that improve my time in ao?

this is the thing i wonderd about for years, its kinda sick that the dev team found out that they should invest all the creds on graphic improvements insted of bringing new instance, balanceing professions, bringing new items/content etc.. this would atleast kept on the old playerbase longer
    I'm pretty sure it's just the players that have had the inflated expectation that the engine alone was going to turn the game around.

FC have said all along that the new engine was important because it would allow them to use one set of content development tools across all three games instead of the old, broken one that only worked for AO that required special training to use. This is key to AO ever getting new content because the company can no longer afford to maintain content development teams for three separate games (this is the end result of the last downsizing). It is also necessary in order to get the game working with Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigister View Post
    Wildstar is almost out... so yay... For FC and this game, just shut the doors already, as you can see, feeding people false hopes so you can milk a few extra bucks is just not working out anymore.... I was surprised it did work for the last 5 years.
    WORD, i bought preorder and in 9 houers and 53 min from now i will log in and get my headstart

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just the players that have had the inflated expectation that the engine alone was going to turn the game around.

FC have said all along that the new engine was important because it would allow them to use one set of content development tools across all three games instead of the old, broken one that only worked for AO that required special training to use. This is key to AO ever getting new content because the company can no longer afford to maintain content development teams for three separate games (this is the end result of the last downsizing). It is also necessary in order to get the game working with Steam.

good point, but still i still stand for what i said in my start about maybe uppgrade froobs to shadwlands acces.. froobs with perennium and tier armor would help to flat out the economy more ingame also. they are still faar behind since no alien armor, xan items etc.

also a free mounth would bee good timeing vs wildstar and elder scrolls

WORD, i bought preorder and in 9 houers and 53 min from now i will log in and get my headstart
    See you guys back in a week!

funcom to give something free ? sweet dreams

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast