Thread: so simple suggestions then to change keeper for the better.

so simple suggestions then to change keeper for the better.

what should be discussed is evrything we dont get.

evades
    ar
    dmg
    condensed perks
    dimach recharge changed this year
    stack auras by make em all into diffrent nanolines

most stuff can be changed by adjusting codes they already have.

Imminence of Extermination
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Add All Off. 120
    Modify Add All Def. 210

NEW:
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Add All Off. 210
    Modify Add All Def. 310
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giant of Swords
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify 2h Edged 170
    Modify Max Health 100
    Modify Melee. Init. 100

New:
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify 2h Edged 200
    Modify Max Health 750
    Modify Melee. Init. 200
    Improved Ambient Invigoration
    Modifier:
    On Target:
    Healing 1053 6 hits, 20.0s delay

New:
    Modifier:
    On Target:
    Healing 2053 6 hits, 20.0s delay
    Elude Pain
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Evade-ClsC 140
    Modify Dodge-Rng 40
    Modify Duck-Exp 40

New
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Evade-ClsC 140
    Modify Dodge-Rng 140
    Modify Duck-Exp 140

Maybe change the code and open it upp for keepers?
    Dreadloch Endurance Booster
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267168

Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Max Health 250
    Modify Strength 20
    Modify Add All Def. 50
    Resist Nano: 20% Snare
    Resist Nano: 20% Root
    Resist Nano: 20% Mezz
    On User:
    Cast Endurance Skin if
    On Self:
    Enforcer
    Strength skill locked for 300 seconds if
    On Self:
    Enforcer

easy to change the codes, and its pretty close to be very balanced in theese changes.
    but just here you already done a change for ar and evades by changeing excisting codes
    to condense a perkline would also mean they just have to change the excisting code

to let us stack theese nano auras into seprate nanolines so we could use em all at once:
    Watch Ward
    Barrier of the Righteous
    Improved Enervate Imprisonment
    Imminence of Extermination

if they would do this and put it for test i am sure the results would be posetive and we would stay equal to most professions and not a free farm.
    if i go fight a profession they usualy hesitate if they gonna bother use all perks and skills becose they dont realy ned to while i use evrything i have

So, if they did all these, you gain 130 AR

100 AAD+100DR/100Duck

100 melee init

1k more healing every 20s

6% more reflect and 2 normal hits blocked every 30s, and 35% resists to snares/roots.

Honestly it doesn't seem that bad of a request.

But all this obviously needs to filter down to lower levels.

What I'd be most worried about (in general) is max/min results of adding in static 200 dodge, etc. Like, what levels of DR are possible with an extra 200 points?

I'm not saying these are bad suggestions. On the contrary, they seem pretty reasonable, but you're bordering on WTF OP here. If you add too much defence to keeper, it just becomes a waiting game for them to make a kill. How many tries do you need to make the perfect swap alpha?

With ward, barrier, AND more evades, when do you expect to take damage?

If ambient healing+HD is enough to recover from a failed alpha, then how do you balance the remaining huge healing available via blessing, BR and dimach, PLUS you want dimach on a shorter timer (I agree with this btw), but asking for ALL of these at once is a lot of big changes.

The obvious problem is that there aren't enough devs to make small changes and assess balance.

For me, the obvious change is just to do 1 or 2 small changes that will make a big improvement in 'quality of life' for keepers.

For example, the BIG kahuna for me is dimach. Change that and then lets see how things go.

Adding 1 decent capped hit every 5 minutes (or one big heal dep which way the devs see it most fit) is probably the biggest change I would ask for that will make a significant difference in operations.

After that, sure, add dodge/duck to the evade nanos and procs if keepers still are getting stomped.

But the rest of it I fear is just way too much and will likely send keepers to the "can't be killed" zone, and there's no sense in that.

dont see why to bother anymore, maybe its time to make a adv after 13 years or so here

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    dont see why to bother anymore, maybe its time to make a adv after 13 years or so here
    After 12 years I've never made an adv because I hate the cat/wolf morphs. Curious why you haven't?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

I rolled an advy but never played it. It's got full alphas, 300 CSS set, all DB3 phatz, but goddam I hate advy.

I only want to KILL advy.

It brings me much pleasure KILLING advy's, but brings me no pleasure killing on advy.

See the problem is ease of operation, advy is like a kill/survival machine, all you got to do is run around and spray bullets.

There is no good advy PVPers. You'll know this because they don't NEED to be good to make a kill. An advy can just spam damage and run away if things don't go his way.

Advy, afaik, are all nubs.

Don't roll advy. They are boring as sh*t. Play your keeper, and just experiment more.

Try 300 kyr'ozch sword+supernova swap (energy dmg)

try BoKW with an arbalest swap (cold dmg) and AS scope+CC

I'm curious as to whether there is any reason for keeper to use swaps or if it just slows down his damage too much

i done all this mcnuckle, i use dmg change device since absolut all perks changes dmg and i swap sofc+nova. and i can also swap bow/rifle vs evaders for some extra dmg

i just dont see the point anymore to use energy to get some balance.
    i will move on to something new, its just a waiste of time realy
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 21st, 2014 at 13:49:37.

Well mate, nobody is saying keepers are uber-powerful.

Pretty much everyone is saying the same thing as you.... you've just put some numbers to it to help it out.

I don't know if the numbers you've posted are too much/good enough/not enough.

What I do know is that keeper's aren't going to be powerful until dimach is changed and deflect is in game and balanced.

imo, keepers still need some solid perkline revision. But I just don't know when that is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i done all this mcnuckle, i use dmg change device since absolut all perks changes dmg and i swap sofc+nova. and i can also swap bow/rifle vs evaders for some extra dmg

i just dont see the point anymore to use energy to get some balance.
    i will move on to something new, its just a waiste of time realy
    i can recommend league of legends. if you don't care about a storyline its quite the game. pretty balanced and the best thing: you can play right after you log in. no is bs running or not or flagging and waiting for someone to dare. ao is a waste of time and the only reason we come back is because we've been here so long.

Would be cool if keeper had two functions to choose from. One for healing/protective-nanotechnology and another for hostile nanotechnology combined with the melee. So it's like Herald of Xotli from AOC, just with lazersowrds.

Would be cool if keeper had one function to begin with.

Keeper would be epic, period, if it had a guard function to transfer 30% of HP loss on target to self.

That's ALL keeper needs to make them a highly useful char in ANY game setting.