Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 28th, 2010- Concealment please

People don't team in places they can manage alone because of there being a chance to get desirable dropped loot so that way they don't have to share. That is the same reason why people do tiny teams for various raids they can't solo. The less people in your group the higher your chances are that you'll get it if what you want drops. People keep saying FC needs to change this or that about their prof and/or change other things so they can get random pick-up teams for raids more easily. Although the biggest thing standing in their way of getting a team is that everyone wants some loot that likely has a low chance to drop and more people to share with means you have a lower chance to get it.

If they changed that aspect of intended group content it would be done as a group or with larger groups more often. I started a thread on that matter and raid zones in general a ways back and linked it in my sig. The general idea for loot was to make it so you collect commonly dropped parts rather than the end item and there could be official raid points gained at the end to get parts, special buffs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Current plan is to get this version to TestLive as soon as possible with the intention of seeing it hit the live servers next week. This version should see further tweaks to daily missions (rewards at multiple stages of multiple step missions, no longer having to return to the agency after deleting a mission), Conceal checks and more.
    When?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    When?
    AO devs don't commit. There are too many unforeseen complications. Then impatient players cry and say they broke their promises.
    So, they don't make any. Since, they don't get any slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    One important detail to not be forgotten. There is a difference between solo content and soloable content. There is nothing wrong with the first one and a lot with the second.
    Sig worthy material there.
    Last edited by JenShay; Jun 2nd, 2010 at 05:22:19.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

It was a rhetorical question.

If an actual answer were expected to be provided, the only logical choice would be...

Soon!™
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

"What does "team level mean?"
    One of teh most asked questions of new people..
    and the answer: Nothing (as teh community is aware of)

Maybe that metric could be changed to reflect team size?
    So you will get more loot, the more members there are in the team.
    Just like the good old AO clasic team missions, everyone get a piece.

it even starts on the newcommer island:
    The new people send team invites, and the experienced players send a message back saying:
    "In a team I get 1/3 of the XP I get soloing.
    If we kill twice as fast, it still means I will only get 2/3 of the XP I can get alone.
    A full team will sweep the area, I can almost do that myself, so even with 6 times faster killing, meaning 6/3 or doubble XP per minute, I will still get less XP because of the downtime.
    So have fun."

This also goes for ToTW; Legos, Lien, Exacts, GoT, but less extend to Subway.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    It was a rhetorical question.

If an actual answer were expected to be provided, the only logical choice would be...

Soon!™
    With what intent or motive?

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    ... I get 1/3 of the XP I get soloing. ...
    = problem.
    People are fixated on the numbers instead of the social fun and activities.

So ... hide the XP, no values. Just a % bar ... IF that! Can always just give them a nice, "You have dinged!" surprise.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    With what intent or motive?
    Most likely for the same reason as the first page of posts that claim the number of their reply... because I was bored & felt like it.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

There are too many unforeseen complications. Then impatient players cry and say they broke their promises.
    I personally don't consider waiting 3 years for *anything game related* to be impatient....that's just me though. (Of course, you mentioned nothing about the new engine in your comment...I'm just sayin.)

So when is this "emergency" patch coming so I can get a ****ing burden? Or is this among the things that Quitter is going to have to the TBA lists?
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper View Post
    So when is this "emergency" patch coming so I can get a ****ing burden? Or is this among the things that Quitter is going to have to the TBA lists?
    Soon!™

Or you can get the same unofficial answer I received upon my question (at the top of this page) of when:
    AO devs don't commit. There are too many unforeseen complications. Then impatient players cry and say they broke their promises.
    So, they don't make any. Since, they don't get any slack.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Jun 3rd, 2010 at 05:23:26.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Wrong! It increase the drop rate of GTA, everyone knows about that but you!
    blah

I can't find the post right now (nerf my searching skills) but there was a post within the last year or so from Means or Macro (or maybe another dev) that said definitively that team level was working, and that it does exactly what it says in the box, namely increase the defensive abilities of the people in the team by a small amount.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Here you are

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...team+lvl+level
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Thumbs down Drop rates in general

Seriously, I am starting to believe the dev team has no clue what drop rates which items have and a lot of them are the result of accidents. Take DOJA chips, for instance. In Adonis they drop like candy from Creepers and Somphos. In other areas, much less so. Going further, some dyna loot was super rare (SSOS anyone?) and then suddenly became common and cheap as chips without any announcement - probably by accident. I guess Grail drop rate could be an accident as well...

It does not give a very good impression when drop rates suddenly are borked by changes that should not affect them at all. That's my 2 euro-cents.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I just killed every single mob in inf 17 times over and didn't find a single doja chip. I had to leave because my soldier ran out of ammo (70k ammo spent looking for doja chip without success).
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I just killed every single mob in inf 17 times over and didn't find a single doja chip. I had to leave because my soldier ran out of ammo (70k ammo spent looking for doja chip without success).
    Guess this checklist is outdated!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad, STL/MO View Post
    DON'T BE A GIMP

All of this advice assumes that you are at least minimally equipped for your job. If you can not answer yes to all of the following questions, then you are not adequately equipped. Please, strongly consider fixing any of these problems before you ask other people to trust you to do your part.

Do you have at least 15 points of armor, per level of mission you're going to run, in melee, projectile, energy, and chemical AC? (At very low levels, you can bring this down to 10. Some of you, especially opifexes, will have trouble making that energy requirement at first.) If not, do you have enough NCU space free for engineer, adventurer, or martial artist shield buffs?

If you do most of your work with a weapon, is it at least equal in QL to the mission you're going to run? Is it at least 25% above you in level?

If you do most of your work with nanos, are you up to date in all of your useful nano lines? Are your most important ones purchased, installed, and able to be used at QL up to 25% above your level?

If your weapon uses ammunition, did you bring plenty of it, at least 1000 rounds? For fast weapons (up to 1.5/1.5 speed), did you bring twice that much?

If you depend on nanoprograms for your primary function, do you have at least enough Time & Space and Treatment to use the Nano Chargers closest to you in level in the store? Did you bring enough of them, at least 100 charges, and preferably 200?

Can you use first aid kits at at least the next available QL below your level that's available in stores? Did you bring at least 20 of them? Same question for Treatment Labs, with at least 100 charges?

Did you raise your Body Development skill as far as it will let you?

Are you wearing a set of implants, complete in their coverage of every useful skill for you, equal to or above you in level? Are your most important ones at least 25% above you in level?

Are you wearing an NCU belt and a complete set of NCU Memory Upgrades at at least 50% above your level?

Have you raised your Map Navigation skill as high as you can, at least to 130? Did you equip the Machines, People, and Monsters map reader upgrades as soon as you possibly could?
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Haha 1000 ammo
    I'd use that much on only 2 mobs
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Lol.. 1000 ammo.. my fixer always has 3 boxes with her just in case I encounter a 250 dyna or end up doing inf mission :P
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    People have claimed drop rates in other zones (excluding Dark Ruins) for the new DOJA chips is higher citing how they got one easily enough when they bothered to look but I really doubt that's true. It's more likely as those mobs take less time to kill and more than anything, they were lucky. I've had lucky streaks and days where they plain refuse to drop as well.

I've said it before but SL daily missions would be better than these hope and pray DOJA chip drops. The missions could still send us after the same mobs plus others but could also adjust it so higher lvl chars in the given range hunt higher lvl mobs while lower lvl chars hunt lower lvl mobs.

As it is now I'm pretty sure people except in Inf can all hunt the same mobs for the chip with the mobs still being at least green at the top end of the range. Since it doesn't look as though higher lvl mobs drop them at a higher rate than lower lvl ones that means everyone hunts the lower lvl ones first at least. Then I've also often seen 220s charging around lower zones with a lower lvl char not far off killing those mobs, pretty obvious what's happening there.

If we know that if we kill this many of that mob people would be more likely to do it and do it with that char. When it's drop rate dependent you need to kill as many as you can as quickly as you can. As these mobs compare to alternatives don't give nearly as much XP people tend to want it over with as quickly as possible so would be more prone to pull out the 220 main to do it. Then those other alternatives can be repeated as often as you want, these chips like other dailies are on eighteen hour lockouts. Getting people away from hecks and Inf missions with these chips they in time would likely get frustrated with due to drop rates, slow spawn rates and others hunting them won't really work.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast