Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 31st, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    omg, borealis going neutral? Ftw! I much approve. Make sure to upgrade some omni city for new changes. Rome right now does not cut it.

Place John Smith to battlestation hub please.
    More like Borealis going Clan, what else would happen? Neutral isn't a faction.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by maxcancer View Post
    really? you write without read?

i wrote twice "for example S10", S10 is an EXAMPLE, S10 is a content ruined, deleted, useless, created and now left empty.
    how could happened to S10 will happen to other things, and as you probably happen to other contents
    stop reading the lines and focus on the context

.......and I was expecting an intelligent answer
    Sector 10 screwed the game up by being another AI-armor like implementation. But whatever.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i thought they fired waldgeist in the restructuring? now the translation is a community thing by the last 3 germans that still play this game?
    imo they should instead of pleasing the germans, please the actual playerbase by translating these to mandarin, cause we all know nuttin but chinese goldfarmers left !

i thought they fired waldgeist in the restructuring? now the translation is a community thing by the last 3 germans that still play this game?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605881

Waldgeist or not, patch notes are still changed into German.

This just screams how little our new overlord actually interfaces with the AO devs/community when he doesn't even know simple details like that. Translation STILL happens.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:23:17.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Just shows there's still a problem with communication internally maybe AO is translated by a fan and not the internal translator, which would mean that his deadline is indeed different to that of the two other letters. But the problems with communication remain.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Just shows there's still a problem with communication internally maybe AO is translated by a fan and not the internal translator, which would mean that his deadline is indeed different to that of the two other letters. But the problems with communication remain.
    considering this thread still lists kintaii as a contact and all the devs that were fired 6 months ago still being listed as actively employed here i think we can safely assume no one at funcom really cares whether or not we have a translator, who translates what and what language they translate to.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 13:11:28.

.......and I was expecting an intelligent answer
    Well, you were being overly dramatic, I pointed out that you seemed to have experience in this regard. Pretty straightforward, really
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

considering this thread still lists kintaii as a contact and all the devs that were fired 6 months ago still being listed as actively employed here i think we can safely assume no one at funcom really cares whether or not we have a translator, who translates what and what language they translate to.
    I smiled but I'm not sure that's the appropriate reaction
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: No, mswarm
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: You cant petition me for harasment for kicking you from my own bot lol

[Koreteve]: your a dog in the Grid

Sector 10 screwed the game up by being another AI-armor like implementation. But whatever.
    and? was an important part of the game, had been useless as everyone here said they could not even put it

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Well, you were being overly dramatic, I pointed out that you seemed to have experience in this regard. Pretty straightforward, really
    oh well, I forgot that every different idea here is taken like "dramatic", i wonder if you've never seen a real drama

my idea is ever the same, drama or not, any existing content for years and deleted it becomes a way to spoil the game, as if tomorrow the blizzard (FOR EXAMPLE) wipe out the pet system from the game because they use them in a few ............. I do not know if you can understand the absurdity of the thing, and from that day all those who ever used pets (or they were in s10) realize like a LIGHT from heaven that it was useless and they did well to take it off, that's what happened here every time

the issue of the new graphics engine is different, since 2007 I've heard so many promises that now with even believe anymore, the game will close unfortunately, and will do so not because of the few players, but because of them.

i love ao, i love this game since beta testing, but I'm tired of hearing just bull****
    Last edited by maxcancer; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 17:11:49.
    Account Details:
    Created 2001-06-27 13:43:25

Iron, 220/30 Bureaucrat
    Blackshadow, 220/30 Agent
    Misthyka, 220/25 Doc
    Lighttrader, 210/15 Trader
    Yokokurama, "Useless" 150 s10 MA (we lost s10 forever)
    Theater of Tragedy Squad Commander

Except, you know, they didn't delete any content. They just made it sensible.
    The Red Brotherhood

Question Hmmmmmm

Questions:

• If you stay logged in the Subway, will you be able to team with someone from the NPE before they enter the Subway and are the required range?

• Will all factions be in the same instance(s) when they enter the subway or will it they be seperate depending upon faction?

• Will the Unique tag be removed from the Juggler's Treat?

Grats on the New Family Addition Nusquam Get lots of sleep when you can. Hope wife is well and baby is fat and happy.
    Last edited by Pinknpinker; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 20:01:19. Reason: n/a

The NPE storyline bit presented here is a lot better than the bit we had on testlive some months ago, where you had the shuttle captain teaching you basic stuff while also piloting past aliens on the way to the planet surface.

From reading between the lines, I get the impression the new engine will arrive sans new heads/bodies, correct?

Borealis changing hands - most Omni will still base out of there unless the new guards aggro them. Bor is by far the most 'efficient' city design and the primary Omni cities are the opposite.
    Last edited by Dagget; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 20:55:36.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Except, you know, they didn't delete any content. They just made it sensible.
    yes, sensitive to being used to players :P
    Account Details:
    Created 2001-06-27 13:43:25

Iron, 220/30 Bureaucrat
    Blackshadow, 220/30 Agent
    Misthyka, 220/25 Doc
    Lighttrader, 210/15 Trader
    Yokokurama, "Useless" 150 s10 MA (we lost s10 forever)
    Theater of Tragedy Squad Commander

yes, sensitive to being used to players :P
    Sensitive ? Pretty sure it says sensible..

As in, it is sensible that they limit the absurd amount of credits people were making in there. Could they have done something different ? Maybe, but something had to be done..

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605881

Waldgeist or not, patch notes are still changed into German.

This just screams how little our new overlord actually interfaces with the AO devs/community when he doesn't even know simple details like that. Translation STILL happens.
    Sigh, Raggy where in my post did I mention PATCH NOTES?

Monthly AO development updates are not translated in any official capacity. The only lack of communication here seems to be between reading and comprehension.

...and the tone is set.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

Monthly AO development updates are not translated in any official capacity. The only lack of communication here seems to be between reading and comprehension.
    WOW. I run the marketing department where I work. If I talked to a customer like this, I would be fired.

Speaking of which, I'll gladly take his place.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Oh, ok then. Personally, from my point of view, the lack of communication here is the veil of lies we were given when you took the spot of CD and the lack of reading comprehension when I explicitly told you in your opening introductory post that this community is sick to the back teeth of being screwed over time and time again.

I do apologise for that, but TSW and AoC need to be done first because they go to translation, whereas AO doesn't get translated.
    Also I guess this part of your post excludes the Patch Notes, which are apparently not part of AO, funny that.

I'm also going to chalk your attitude down to the fact you're stressed with the concept of imminent childbirth and not with the fact you're juggling 3 game directions on a sub-optimal paycheck while having men in suits leaning on you to try and make miracles happen out of thin air.

But by all means, continue taking it out on me, I'm used to getting shat on from a huge height by this company.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jun 3rd, 2013 at 01:55:16.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    WOW. I run the marketing department where I work. If I talked to a customer like this, I would be fired.

Speaking of which, I'll gladly take his place.
    It wasn't that bad People misunderstand or miscommunicate all the time, simply saying that someone is failing to read and comprehend something properly is not really an insult. Now if he said he was an idiot who couldn't read basic English then sure

Raggy not understanding that the CD was referring to the developmental updates only, as it was inferred despite not being mentioned specifically, is pretty much the issue.

The only lack of communication here seems to be between reading and comprehension.
    So you barely ever mention or get inolved with AO (compared to AoC/TsW) and one of the very few times when you do, you get snarky with the players.

I don't know if you know, but you're supposed to win the playerbase over, not anger them.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast