Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online "Winter Holidays" has started!

Maybe you should consider spawning the outdoor Ice/Antleets ... We can't get into Santa's Workshop now .....

Teleport failed. The destination playfield has reached its player limit.

Liwa

A new offer without additional Funcom Points or items like last year and the year before, that is just sad.

Not for me, because i have not played AO since January or TSW but i liked to take the special offer like last year or the year before. Now it is absolutely pointless to waste money on this.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    Maybe you should consider spawning the outdoor Ice/Antleets ...
    it's leets now, and some gingerthings running fast
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

So if we re-up for anything less than 12 months we can count on not being expected to provide unpaid beta testing for AO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    So if we re-up for anything less than 12 months we can count on not being expected to provide unpaid beta testing for AO?

It's not an unpaid beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    It's not an unpaid beta.
    Indeed. It seems you have to pay a lot to be able to WORK for FUncom...

And yes, beta testing is work. It's outrageous imo that FC asks people to pay for the ability to beta test something.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post

And yes, beta testing is work. It's outrageous imo that FC asks people to pay for the ability to beta test something.
    Isnt this exactly what every, absolutely every single company that sells their games for money does for beta invites ? Anyways, if you don't wanna beta test u can still pay.. It's not like you pay just to beta test. U pay to be able to log in to your characters on the live server.

Welcome to 2001!

So

Please point me to game beta where you get paid to test, I could use some extra money
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    So

Please point me to game beta where you get paid to test, I could use some extra money
    Well getting paid to test was not my point.

I've played many betas, but I've never paid anything to do so.

I guess it's ok, if you still like to play the current game and get the extra perk of checking the beta.

But for someone like me who doesn't get anything from the current grindfest on live, where you must do everything dual/triple/quadlogged and have to buy lootrights and pretty much everything because there is not enough people to do the actual content with, it's not worth it to pay for a years sub to be able to work for funcom as a beta tester.

I open my accounts occasionally for a month or two, but no way i'm going to pay for a year for a game which might not be around after 6 months.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

But for someone like me who doesn't get anything from the current grindfest on live, where you must do everything dual/triple/quadlogged and have to buy lootrights and pretty much everything because there is not enough people to do the actual content with, it's not worth it to pay for a years sub to be able to work for funcom as a beta tester.
    You "have" to do everything dual/triple/quad logged? Its an MMO go make friends and join a Org, problem solved. If you don't want to make friends then that's pretty much your own fault for being in the above predicament.

I open my accounts occasionally for a month or two, but no way i'm going to pay for a year for a game which might not be around after 6 months.

Let's leave the harbringers of doom out of it eh? I've had 7 years with people complaining and whining, predicting that AO would die in a month. Who has the best track record? The doom-sayers or FunCom?

Secondly you don't "have" to pay to test the engine, you can sign up for the beta and cross your fingers for access Q1 2014. FunCom gives people an option of paying to gain faster access. However that choice reflects upon FunCom is for each and own to decide.
    But let's not pretend that it is something UNIQUE that FunCom just pulled off, pay for early access is the FOTM for game developers. Don't believe me? Go on steam and tell me what you find.

Dark
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by esssch View Post
    how immediate is immediate? Is it funcom soon or normal soon?
    LOL!! ~Happy Holidays to all~
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

You "have" to do everything dual/triple/quad logged? Its an MMO go make friends and join a Org, problem solved. If you don't want to make friends then that's pretty much your own fault for being in the above predicament.

Let's leave the harbringers of doom out of it eh? I've had 7 years with people complaining and whining, predicting that AO would die in a month. Who has the best track record? The doom-sayers or FunCom?

Secondly you don't "have" to pay to test the engine, you can sign up for the beta and cross your fingers for access Q1 2014. FunCom gives people an option of paying to gain faster access. However that choice reflects upon FunCom is for each and own to decide.
    But let's not pretend that it is something UNIQUE that FunCom just pulled off, pay for early access is the FOTM for game developers. Don't believe me? Go on steam and tell me what you find.

Dark
    Go away Vizier.. Let us have our circlejerk without the interruption of logic and facts!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Go away Vizier.. Let us have our circlejerk without the interruption of logic and facts!
    I did! I play DOGE now! Mo doge! Mo wow!

some wanna /lft and then just peform the function of their profession when the team has started.

It's enough people to do the stuff with. It is just FC who doesn't fix their systems.

The game has become a bit incohesive and like 'several seperate grinds'. *daily h8*
    Last edited by leetlover; Dec 19th, 2013 at 23:10:21.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

With all due respect to the currently paying customers, but the people already having payed for more than a decade and helped out in countless beta testing in the past should have the highest priority.

That said, I will not and have never chosen a different payment method than the one month subscription.

Also:

Last edited by Shareida; Dec 19th, 2013 at 23:22:40.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    some wanna /lft and then just peform the function of their profession when the team has started.
    Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    It's enough people to do the stuff with. It is just FC who doesn't fix their systems.
    I came back to game shortly (within a couple months) of the server merge. I joined 3 different orgs Clanside, 2 diff orgs neutral side. One of the Clan orgs was even part of an alliance. Another of the orgs is actually the one Alternity/Vizier is in. None of them became some magic group that allowed me to stop multi-logging. Keep in mind that I take initiative to start teams and will team with almost anyone (assuming they aren't a total tool).

Players need to stop blaming players, calling them lazy, etc when they can't find a team. From a game perspective, I have every key/critical profession and I probably have taken more initiative to start teams than a grand majority of the playerbase and even I have trouble. Forming a team in AO is way way way too much work and the reason why is because the game has a low population to start with and too many potential tasks at endgame that split the constantly dwindling population. At TL7 alone one might be doing Pande or APFs 13/28/35 or APF-S42 or Biodome or DB1 or DB2 or DB3 or Collector or Gauntlet or DB Quest or 12man or Vort or Mitaar or pvping in Bor or leveling in inferno or questing in inferno or battlestations or tower wars or tara or or or.. get my point? That's fine when there's a huge population but when you have a very small community, splitting it up between 20+ things (and that's just at 1 title level) can make the game feel empty when you're trying to get a particular thing done. Special mention to the excessively long lockout timers of some dated content which prevent people from attending the same thing again (in other words, less of a pool of people to choose from if someone did something an hour or 2 earlier).

Compare this to almost any other MMO out there where the looking for team/group (whatever its called) can yield you a team relatively quickly with no effort on your part and you'll see why people feel as if teaming in AO is impossible. "Get friends" from where? A lot of people won't even team with people they don't know or aren't in their org. Everything in AO is done in small strike teams to increase loot chances so finding someone that just wants to team up for the fun of it or social experience is extremely rare.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 20th, 2013 at 00:30:21.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

It really really ain't hard to make friends in AO Jill

Trolls are right, the greatest achievement in AO now consists in being skilled at begging.

It really really ain't hard to make friends in AO Jill
    It is for me.. and I guess a lot of others which is why you see people posting on forums that they have trouble finding/making teams. Honestly, I only commented because your statements just seemed a bit harsh and unrealistic. Being that we're in the same org, I figured I'd express my experience because clearly, at some point, you must've seen me asking people to team in org chat, spamming neutnet, dnet, ooc, etc.. so know that I'm not one of those people to just sit on LFT and hope for the best. Regardless of the efforts I put in, I still had trouble finding people to play with. In other words, your statements don't apply and aren't representative of a true solution to the problem some people are experiencing.

For me personally, this isn't/wasn't a big deal. When you have multiple accounts, you improvise... and I think that brings us to the point the guy was making above. I feel as if I need multiple accounts in order to play AO because the alternative would simply be painful. Yes, I could've tried to find an org that was active USA prime time but then I'd have to sacrifice being part of one of the only orgs that pulls off their own side at S42. There's some omni orgs that I know have an active USA prime time but I'm not willing to swap sides on 3 accounts worth of toons. In other words, the 'social' aspect of having a community of people to chat with and do things with (day to day) didn't outweigh the benefits of me being able to do an org sector 42 raid. That really is the bottom line, for me. That doesn't mean I don't recognize that there is an issue with teaming in AO.. and I'm really shocked that you don't see the issue, tbh. But I guess we can agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 20th, 2013 at 14:24:54.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast