Thread: Adding Type 5 to Machine Pistol

Adding Type 5 to Machine Pistol

Hi all, I was hoping someone might have an answer to my questions:

If I was to get dual Kyr'Ozch Machine Pistols:

1) should I add Type 5 (burst and fling) to only ONE of the pistols, since it seems like you can only use one gun for the Alphas and not two. Let me know if I am wrong on this.

2) Can a QL 300 Type 5 be added to a QL 207 Kyr'Ozch Machine Pistol?

upgrading one gun is enough to get both specials.

and yes, you can use a ql300 type 5 on a 207 gun - even if it's a slight waste, as a ql187+ one does the job. It's 90% for upgrades.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

There is one small dvantage to adding Type 5 (or Type 4) to the offhand gun as well as the primary gun: If both guns are upgraded you have twice the chance to land the Glory proc (since you have twice the number of regular shots which can land the proc).

However not upgraded the Machine Pistol has a 75 ammo clip, while the upgraded only have a 50 ammo clip, so that is a slight disadvantage to having 2 upgraded guns.
    Zura
    Fixer of Rubi-Ka 1
    Me - Stuff

Thanks for the quick answers. I know it's a waste to use such a high QL for upgrade but it's all I have. Also, didn't want to waste another Type 5 upgrade on offhand because I will probably upgrade to a higher QL one later.

Besides this, anyone have another suggestion for offhand weapon? As far as most damage possible dual weilding. Especially in SL where most of the mobs have really high ACs.

unmodified alien MP in offhand, nice mindamage, same speed, just no glory proc.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Omg pleeeease dont waste a ql 300 bio on a 207 gun

Hehe..trying to find a QL200 Type 5 now. No luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Yfo
    Omg pleeeease dont waste a ql 300 bio on a 207 gun

ditto
    Meafixu-213 Fixer-RK2
    Meakilu-200 doctor-RK2
    Measoldier-165 soldier-RK2

A guy I know bought an account on ebay. Two months later, Bam! Herpes. He never saw that coming!

everytime you waste a ql 300 type 5, god kills a kitten.

ok, don't worry everyone. I got my QL 200 type 5 instead and will wait till I can get on QL300 guns to add the QL300 type 5 in that one ;P