Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- February 26th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    Wow, another promise that has not appeared yet. What happened to the player transport system that was supposed to be developed to take the place of the player cities transport system?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
    they are here but you have to buy then from the item shop

Wow, another promise that has not appeared yet. What happened to the player transport system that was supposed to be developed to take the place of the player cities transport system?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
    I'd like to know where you heard about this?

Regardless, I think that SL tower wars and playermade missions were far bigger problems than your imagined promise.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    $5 says a) it was the usual "we'll look into....we're considering..." routine (so that when/if it doesn't happen, it was never a 'promise') and b) it was part of a post/update by a previous GD (and thus went right out the window when the next one took over, kinda like how "we'll warn you a month ahead of time when we have a date in mind" turned into "server merger in 12h"). Either way, best he forgets about it and lvls a fixer alt, we're on our own
    Last edited by xxaaaxx; Mar 6th, 2013 at 00:31:38.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx View Post
    $5 says a) it was the usual "we'll look into....we're considering..." routine (so that when/if it doesn't happen, it was never a 'promise') and b) it was part of a post/update by a previous GD (and thus went right out the window when the next one took over, kinda like how "we'll warn you a month ahead of time when we have a date in mind" turned into "server merger in 12h"). Either way, best he forgets about it and lvls a fixer alt, we're on our own
    The server merge patch (18.6.0.x) was on test for more than a month, and we were informed of this.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    The server merge patch (18.6.0.x) was on test for more than a month, and we were informed of this.
    Sure there are other instances but...

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The decision regarding character slots, possible changes and all other details you need will be announced at a later date by Lindelu.
    Your enthusiasm regarding this subject is much appreciated, but you'll have to sit tight for the answer on this one

You still will have plenty of time to react or respond when the announcement is given.
    So despite the fact that we were told (on several occassions) that we'd get information regarding the merge in plenty of time before it happened.. we never did. And regardless of their reasoning, not only did they barely give any notice but they still haven't informed us of how many character slots we're getting. Keep in mind this merge was supposed to happen at the end of November, December at the latest and it is now March and they still don't have the details ironed out?
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

i remember them saying something like "we are gonna replace city whom-pas with an alternative way to travel" a few months back. but that was about 2 game directors ago i think.
    Last edited by cheolis; Mar 6th, 2013 at 08:08:33.

Quote Originally Posted by cheolis View Post
    ... but that was about 2 game directors ago i think.
    Please don't forget the measurement of time used by funcom:
    Promises made X GD's ago are still implemented soon(tm)

I can only agree with Jill.
    We were told we would get information on when and what plenty time ahaid, yet I was quite surprised to see "The servers are going down for merge" without warning ahaid.
    Just gave me enough time to do a quick writedown of my old character id's and backup most important bank toon inventories.

THey also stated indeed there would be a different form for traveling with the cities gone, but every time I fly over Rubi-Ka, all I see is ugly green squares all over the place, and some lonely CC here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    and they still don't have the details ironed out?
    well, that can be said about anything in this game :P
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

yes it can. and it would be a fair complain

Bigger than a.......

Regardless, I think that SL tower wars and playermade missions were far bigger problems than your imagined promise.

{inappropriate}

Anyways,

The outdoor cities are providing a very nice way to travel for tired explorers that just want to get home and take their sturdy boots off after a long day out in the wild, and we're going to consider new ways to provide this service.
    which can be read here,

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hlight=outdoor
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 6th, 2013 at 14:03:15.

"consider new ways to provide this service"

I can't see a promise there, they've just said they'll "consider" it
    Applicant of New Order since the dawn of time

if they put the premium grid nano in the vet vendor id consider that a decent solution but i doubt that will happen somehow

Honest question: How did people get around before the AI expansion? I ask because by the time I started playing AO, LE had already been released. So I don't have a clue.

/curious
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    Honest question: How did people get around before the AI expansion? I ask because by the time I started playing AO, LE had already been released. So I don't have a clue.

/curious
    People used their knowledge of what grid exit/whompah/SL-jumpoff lead closest to the destination, used yalms and self-grid/warp to get back or used friends or alts logged to fixgrid and beacon warps.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post

/curious
    In the very low levels people would run or (back in early 2002) use ground vehicles. Meaning that RunSpeed and thus fixer run-buffs were very much appreciated.
    Finding the closest WhomPah/grid exit became a valued skill rather quickly.
    Either finding a Yalm in a mission (drops nerfed in mid/late 2002) or buying one meant simply flying there but still preferably from the closest WhomPah/grid exit.

And yes, running/"driving" takes time but also gives some neat challenges (roaming other-faction mobs aside from regular wildlife) as well as a chance to view the landscape.
    Today's kids are spoiled!
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Its not getting to places thats the issue that hasnt changed, its being stuck in the middle of nowhere in PW for instance because i had the misfortune of a mission being their and terminating every time i finish a mission might be an option but to me its not a desirable one, sl has statues dotted round the zone whereas some rk zones dont have any grid or whompas.
    Its about a week without em and its already annoying me
    Last edited by blindio; Mar 6th, 2013 at 16:54:01. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by blindio View Post
    Its not getting to places thats the issue that hasnt changed, its being stuck in the middle of nowhere in PW for instance
    OMG...Some players never would have survived playing AO when it first came out. You know the whompa system we have today is nothing like launch. At launch it was something ridiculous like 6 whompas total. No fixer grid. You had to run from newland to varmit woods missions or from newland to MMD missions where you could get ganked and people got pvp titles based on the xp you lost.
    /rant over

Constructively perhaps you should try pulling missions from different cities, it will give you different mission locations. For example neutrals pull from hope, clans pull from broken shores, omnis pull from galway castle. WOW look at the different mission spots that open up for you. Try to EXPLORE a little in AO instead of QQ on forums, you never know when you might find a sweet spot to loot some rare nanos like ga3.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherosen View Post
    "consider new ways to provide this service"

I can't see a promise there, they've just said they'll "consider" it

con·sid·er
    /kənˈsidər/
    Verb
    Think carefully about (something), typically before making a decision: "each application is considered".
    Think about and be drawn toward (a course of action).
    Synonyms
    think - regard - deem - ponder - deliberate - reckon

mmmmmkay?

con·sid·er
    /kənˈsidər/
    Verb
    Think carefully about (something), typically before making a decision: "each application is considered".
    Think about and be drawn toward (a course of action).
    Synonyms
    think - regard - deem - ponder - deliberate - reckon

mmmmmkay?
    So, they promised to consider it... and what's to say that they didn't? And came out in the negative, meaning they found that it was a better idea not to plaster stuff everywhere. I'd be calling it a reason to quit if they smash ugly whompas and grid exits everywhere. Doing so would be totally missing the spirit of AO.

{edited by Anarrina: inappropriate commentary}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 9th, 2013 at 16:01:31.
    The Red Brotherhood

Before there where the city Whompas people got around Rubi-Ka just fine, there wasn't any real issue with that.
    Just now that there were there and are gone again it is nearly impossible to do it?
    Sounds ridiculous.

If - just as one example - one just pulls missions in PW and doesn't want to travel that far then he is at fault, not the game which offers plenty of other places to get missions for.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast