Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- February 26th 2013

It sickens me that the biggest huffing and puffing is about freaking traveling on RK. Learn the game and learn how to get to far away places quickly and learn how to get back quickly. If someone, anyone, unsubscribes because of such a change then good riddance. I dont want some whiny care bear or their cousins playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    It sickens me that the biggest huffing and puffing is about freaking traveling on RK. Learn the game and learn how to get to far away places quickly and learn how to get back quickly. If someone, anyone, unsubscribes because of such a change then good riddance. I dont want some whiny care bear or their cousins playing the game.
    How would a froob engineer get from Borgs in PW to SFH after this change as they did before?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    How would a froob engineer get from Borgs in PW to SFH after this change as they did before?
    By rerolling fixer or paying Funcom $40, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    I offered to warp someone back from some Dogforsaken zone today, i've used the NT warp and the grid nanos of various profs. I have to say it was kinda cool that those nanos now have some meaning again.
    If you want contrast then go sign up for that "other" "MMO" called WoW, spend 10 minutes on a funky smelling bat and then realize that travel time in AO. is pretty much ok.
    Why is MMO in quotations? WoW is considerably more massively multiplayer than AO is. By several orders of magnitude in both landmass and player count.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Why is MMO in quotations?
    http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/200...ed-parent.html
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    IThe ones that are do it for towers and probably are very thankfull it's hard to get back to those sites and zerg them relentlessly.
    its not any harder to get back to tower sites than pre-merge. its pita to get back to bor/rome/athens FROM wilderness tho. and they need to fix that asap

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Why is MMO in quotations? WoW is considerably more massively multiplayer than AO is. By several orders of magnitude in both landmass and player count.
    The original WoW world is quite well done, however as time has progressed a lot of its meaning has been lost, and new additions are like themeparks, constructed solely for the reason of the things that take place there.

The difference lies in that AO's world looks and feels not like something that was designed to accomodate certain events, but like something that looks like an actual place, instead of feeling constructed to contain a certain set of variables, the variables are fitted into the world.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I second that opinion, but would add that for me Outland still had some of that spirit. After that it was just like you described and cataclysm sadly even changed large portions of the original continents to that style.

AO also got some zones that are just there to work, don't let the rest of the world get changed to that.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Everyone involved in this discussion needs to tone down with the personal attacks. Disagree on the ideas, stop calling each other names. I will come back and issue infractions if it continues.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by cheolis View Post
    its not any harder to get back to tower sites than pre-merge. its pita to get back to bor/rome/athens FROM wilderness tho. and they need to fix that asap
    exactly... the ones saying it's fine have already admitted they don't care about travel cause they use beacons and whatnot.

and as far as the tower fights go, who does towers and don't use fgrid to get back if you die?
    or save in the zone where possible? are you running back to tower fights from SL cause you don't want to have to get there to save again?

like said before those against this have very few legit reasons for their position.
    while a good case has been made for it.

would be nice if someone from FC would chime in on this discussion.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

I just came back to this game like a week or two before merge after a loong time away. I only have a NT and a Fixer but their on the same account.

I don't mind the change...I yalm out and now I've seen landscape I never seen before because of travel. Apparently if I have an option to be lazy....I'm gonna take it. I can warp myself back to Rome with my NT which is nice sometimes. Like once every 3hrs or something.

I'm pretty happy go lucky...however it goes down the road I'm sure I'll be content as long as it doesn't ever feel like Wow.
    Last edited by AOJUNKIE; Mar 9th, 2013 at 18:05:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    however as time has progressed a lot of its meaning has been lost, and new additions are like themeparks, constructed solely for the reason of the things that take place there.
    Sounds like you just described AO.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    exactly... the ones saying it's fine have already admitted they don't care about travel cause they use beacons and whatnot.

like said before those against this have very few legit reasons for their position.
    while a good case has been made for it.
    I think you are mistaken. The people that are "fine" with it understand there is nothing you can do about it regardless how much you QQ.

We don't need to give any good reasons for it because that's the way it is. No matter how good your personal convienance reasons are it aint gonna change. Doesn't matter how good you THINK your case is, it was a decision made at the business level of the company, and these forums won't affect that.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

they SAID theyre gonna come up with an alternative tho. and beacons alrdy existed then, so im guessing they had something else in their minds.

I think you are mistaken. The people that are "fine" with it understand there is nothing you can do about it regardless how much you QQ.

We don't need to give any good reasons for it because that's the way it is. No matter how good your personal convienance reasons are it aint gonna change. Doesn't matter how good you THINK your case is, it was a decision made at the business level of the company, and these forums won't affect that.
    Hang on, weren't you one of the ones from the global research thread who was doing the same "we are fine with it, there's nothing you can do about it regardless how much you QQ" stance? And lo and behold, they "fixed" the global research for the LE attunement devices after taking into account the feedback they were getting from the player base.

While FC has ignored a lot of feedback in the past, there is evidence that suggests that they do actually sometimes takes this into account if people give enough feedback about it(case in point: global research being reset, nodrop flag on novictum refiner).

I don't see what hurt anyone is doing if they're just stating their opinion on the now-perceived lack of travel options. If this spurs FC into providing other alternatives, good for them. If people don't speak up about issues, then FC will just go along merrily thinking everything is hunky-dory and not do anything.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Hang on, weren't you one of the ones from the global research thread who was doing the same "we are fine with it, there's nothing you can do about it regardless how much you QQ" stance? And lo and behold, they "fixed" the global research for the LE attunement devices after taking into account the feedback they were getting from the player base.

While FC has ignored a lot of feedback in the past, there is evidence that suggests that they do actually sometimes takes this into account if people give enough feedback about it(case in point: global research being reset, nodrop flag on novictum refiner).

I don't see what hurt anyone is doing if they're just stating their opinion on the now-perceived lack of travel options. If this spurs FC into providing other alternatives, good for them. If people don't speak up about issues, then FC will just go along merrily thinking everything is hunky-dory and not do anything.
    good post
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post

They "fixed" it because it was done in error, or oversight. You will notice GLOBAL research was still reset. PERSONAL research should not have been reset. Not having whompas or player cities dotting the landscape was planned not a mistake or oversight.

So yea sorry kinda big difference there try again.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

They "fixed" it because it was done in error, or oversight. You will notice GLOBAL research was still reset. PERSONAL research should not have been reset. Not having whompas or player cities dotting the landscape was planned not a mistake or oversight.

So yea sorry kinda big difference there try again.
    research attunement devices are a part of global research

im fairly resigned to nothing being done but ill be damned if i dont say something about what to me is an annoying change, ive made peace with losing my orgs city cause i cant afford the new rents, losing half access to my toons cause i was fool enough to play rk1 and rk2, the fact that the cities are their though empty is so aggravating though they could have left the whompas till they decide what to do with the former player city sites imo

The reason why some don't have problems with the fact that the whompas is gone is that there never was whompas at Ado Hecks, so for them nothing have changed...
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast