Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- February 26th 2013

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/19/in...m-three-games/ another relatively new interview.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    so in a wall of text he managed to muster up 2 lines about AO, one stating that is different then TSW and AoC (dooh) and other that the game has changed since its launch (dooooooh)

....how promising....

At this point i'm wondering if he managed to say the game's name by searching on google, or was it whispered to him by some old AO coder.

Pssst, Joel, the 3rd game is Anarchy Online.. don't forget
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

I'm beginning to think that the negative posters on this forum actually want Anarchy Online to die. Do you really think that all this moaning actually provides the Funcom team with motivation to continue developing? I applaud the fact that they have been able to push forward and make progress at all against the raging tide of naysayers.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

I'm sure that every single subscriber here wants the game to live a long life. That's one of the strongest motives to keep paying this outrageous subscription
    All the whining is meant to show Funcom we're not happy with the state of things and we damn well deserve some attention.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

I may have missed it but are we having any monthly update for march or is that over?
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

March is nearly over, not expecting any update at this point. Is it strange to hope that I am wrong?

I would guess the next update will be the first week of April, just hope its not a april fools one.

Well, the last 2 were almost the last day of the month.

Reading those interviews makes it clear to me that he has no idea what he will do with AO, has no concrete plan of action of his own, has not a clue about what AO really is, has no real heart in progressing AO in the way it should be progressed. I theorize that his way of doing things will lead AO in to a theme park instance mmo and further take the MMO out of AO, instance solo quest/missioning for gear and xp. It sounds like he has to deal with AO just because its his job now and he wont take it seriously as the others.

It is a poor move to have FC have one guy as lead producer for three games when he isn't qualified and experienced on all three. In general, it is a poor move to have a producer on three MMOs because of the vast differences in each and the amount of time/work needed to truly understand each is impossible in an allotted time. In my opinion it takes at least a year to play an MMO regularly to truly understand most of what the game is and has to offer, that kind of time one simply doesn't have when in a position like this.

How much creative design will be his own and not ripped off with meetings from the staff? How much damage will he do to the game because he has no understanding of it? Is he just a yes-man and a pawn for the higher ups to make the games more profitable? Is he just there to approve the ideas and work the staff are and will work on?

@monthly updates: nobody has committed to doing these anymore, so don't look for any kind of schedule. Joel said he'll blog some but he didn't specify when or where. See post #3 of this thread for his only communication with this community.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I don't understand Funcom's logic.. fixing ao up would make them alot more money..

its their baby and they dont even know it.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Who said they aren't? What actual Funcom employee said they wouldn't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by smokex View Post
    Who said they aren't? What actual Funcom employee said they wouldn't do it?
    Fhaktzes. He say FC only want keep old people pay most excellent MMO for FC. No need little kids come. Little kid go play more new FC game and ask mother give faive dollars. Old people can make new toon in 3 day sit on top of rock and buy many account to make full fast. Old people can pay many account very expencive and buy many faive dollars for make many toon. Little kid only have 5 dollar in the week. FC want many kid go new game and little old people pay many monies. This way FC make only little expantion very cheep and keep same old people pay. Becuase old people have altzaimer and belive anything.

Quote Originally Posted by smokex View Post
    I'm beginning to think that the negative posters on this forum actually want Anarchy Online to die. Do you really think that all this moaning actually provides the Funcom team with motivation to continue developing? I applaud the fact that they have been able to push forward and make progress at all against the raging tide of naysayers.
    What?
    Its not the paying customers job to motivate them to do theirs.

And since it appears they don't even come to the forums (well, except for the mods and occassional response about a downtime) what difference does it make to them doing their job if we bitch and moan on the fourms?

Apathy is going to be their death signal...when no one actually posts anything.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Fhaktzes. He say FC only want keep old people pay most excellent MMO for FC. No need little kids come. Little kid go play more new FC game and ask mother give faive dollars. Old people can make new toon in 3 day sit on top of rock and buy many account to make full fast. Old people can pay many account very expencive and buy many faive dollars for make many toon. Little kid only have 5 dollar in the week. FC want many kid go new game and little old people pay many monies. This way FC make only little expantion very cheep and keep same old people pay. Becuase old people have altzaimer and belive anything.
    This. Is. Priceless.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    That interview tells me he gives a flying rodent's posterior about AO. At this point I almost miss Craig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

My favorite part of the interview is "but I think the most important thing is having an open dialog with them" when they hardly ever communicate with us.

Quote Originally Posted by darknightt View Post
    My favorite part of the interview is "but I think the most important thing is having an open dialog with them" when they hardly ever communicate with us.
    I like "Hopefully AO will get some love as well" from here. I'm sure that bodes well for the game.

wtb dave back.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    At this point I almost miss Craig.
    Don't say that! He did some really bad stuff w AO which we suffer from now.

• Messed up start-experience/remove sci-fi beginning.
    • Killed WA-pvp which made starter-city for one of the sides a ghostcity.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 23rd, 2013 at 02:05:41.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast