Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- February 26th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I expected to log in and play.... not log in and work on 29 of my characters to get them to how they were before merge. I play the game to have fun, not to work.
    If you expect this game to suddenly not be a technical challenge, please, go play WoW or something and stop ruining it for the rest of us.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 2nd, 2013 at 21:00:19.
    Because Race Yalm

Worked great for me too. I still had to make a couple of F10 changes that didn't carry over, but not many.

Renaming backpacks is going to be a little time-consuming on a few characters. But I'm really grateful about not having to redo chat windows, key bindings, shortcut bars, and so on. The backpacks I can do little by little.

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    We're doomed.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    If you expect this game to suddenly not be a technical challenge, please, go play WoW or something and stop ruining it for the rest of us.
    Why do you think I've been playing AO since beta 2000?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

AO is a very leftbrain-centric game. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I play the game to have fun, not to work.
    Same. I also don't think AO should be a veteran-vendor. New players should much faster have means for char-customation so they can (mathematicly) be more equal to veterans sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    Worked great for me too. I still had to make a couple of F10 changes that didn't carry over, but not many.

Renaming backpacks is going to be a little time-consuming on a few characters. But I'm really grateful about not having to redo chat windows, key bindings, shortcut bars, and so on. The backpacks I can do little by little.
    Ya, most important prefs got saved with this.

The BP-positions in the bank gets transfered with the linked method, which worked great for me as I already had a very advanced BP-system where I used all the diferent types of BP's to indicate it's content.

Loosing the names of the BP's didn't hurt me so much then =)

Would probably need to sort and clean-up some old stuff anyway.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 06:31:46.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Mr. Bylos,

What steps are you taking to ensure that your server doesn't go down for a fourth day in a row? We are on day 3 of crashes and restarts now.

please just restart the server and fix it tmr.

It would be nice if someone from FC could tell us *why* there's been so many crashes. Not a technical breakdown of the breakdowns. Just a general outline such as "We had teething trouble with new hardware", "We hadn't expected this much action after Merge and underestimated the capacity we'd need", or even a "Don't panic! We're getting more hamsters in!" would be nice.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    This is a valid question .... please allow some method to de-active emptied toons.

Otherwise we have to activate the toons we won't keep first in order to transfer stuff off and then will have to delete these toons to bring on the ones we want.

Eliminating them forever, no chance to get them back later with more character slots ...

Kinnik
    Don't know if this has been said but isn't there a delete button on the opening screen to select characters? After emptying the character just delete it.

Discussion of the server downtime should be in this thread ONLY. Any further posts in the development update thread will be removed.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    Don't know if this has been said but isn't there a delete button on the opening screen to select characters? After emptying the character just delete it.
    Of course there is a Delete button ....

However, there are some folks who have asked because they do not want to delete their toon, they just want access temporarily until sometime in the future when we have more character slots and/or we have the option to buy more slots beyond however many we get "as soon as the merge settles out" per Ilaliya's thread about character slots.

Kinnik

If we had a way to make toons "inactive" at will, i could see people having 8 active toons and like 50 inactive ones lol. im guessing thats why we can't.

preventing new toons being made before you delete a certain number would prevent that, or charge for deactivating perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    If we had a way to make toons "inactive" at will, i could see people having 8 active toons and like 50 inactive ones lol. im guessing thats why we can't.
    FC could always put a timer on this...

Starting with a deactivated character:
    1/ Activate character, get instant access to it.
    2/ Deactivate a character instantly lose access to it.
    3/ Lockout of 7 days before you can re-activate that SAME character.
    4/ No more characters can be created if you already have 2 accounts worth of characters.

This would allow you access to all your characters, but stop people having too many on one account...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Please explain more about #4, I don't get it. Do you mean "2 accounts worth of active characters?"
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Now that Funcom is 1 big happy family, all three games are short of content. Since Funcom is sharing resources so why not start sharing content. Adjust for context but take existing working quests to the other worlds.

Of course the new engine MUST come first or nobody will care. But once the new engine gets here, existing and returning players will want something new to do. New content has been very slow and at times sloppy. Taking a good idea from a different game should make a good idea in a new world. Zero development time and lots of new content for all games.

Another broken promise.......

Wow, another promise that has not appeared yet. What happened to the player transport system that was supposed to be developed to take the place of the player cities transport system?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Could you provide a link where it was said that something like that will be developed? Aside from some players dreaming about that, it is the first time I hear about it as a 'supposed to be developed' or even planned feature.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

How is putting AO on Steam progressing?
    Anarchy Online's A Prophet Without Honor:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...out_honour.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 3246251196 View Post
    How is putting AO on Steam progressing?
    Soon ...After Engine and Rebalance
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast