Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Look For AO Website!

New Look For AO Website!

We've had a bit of a makeover in the web department.

Today marks the launch of the new Anarchy-online.com. In addition to the new look, there's a new content management system in place making the site easier to update and easier to use in general, which means we can update more often and keep things better organized. And, well, it looks pretty damn spiffy, too.

We hope you enjoy.

Love the look of the new site , I am guessing either that they are still working on it, or that the server downtime is affecting the website as well. Load times are very long and many of the links on both sides of the page at http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...1003,1004,1012
    (btw that is the link I am sent to when i use the "Server News" link on Front Page) are not yet functional. I have not yet explored all the new bells and bangles. Keep up the nice work

Also found that links in "Support FAQ" that link to internal content. as opposed to external sites return 404 errors "The requested URL /content/support/faq/support/18_005426/0_005448 was not found on this server."
    Last edited by Peregryn; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 16:24:20. Reason: Additional Information
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

the new site is awsome hopefully it will attract more customers

Very nice!!!
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

ooh! kickass!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by Peregryn View Post
    Love the look of the new site , I am guessing either that they are still working on it, or that the server downtime is affecting the website as well. Load times are very long and many of the links on both sides of the page at http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...1003,1004,1012
    (btw that is the link I am sent to when i use the "Server News" link on Front Page) are not yet functional. I have not yet explored all the new bells and bangles. Keep up the nice work

Also found that links in "Support FAQ" that link to internal content. as opposed to external sites return 404 errors "The requested URL /content/support/faq/support/18_005426/0_005448 was not found on this server."
    I will take a look into that, thanks for the heads up.

Thumbs up It rocks. Period.

I believed the website layout really fits with the game's sci-fi motif perfectly! ^.^
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

Woah!

I love the look, nearly jumped outa my seat in suprise when i loaded it up for the first time. but the link to DL the large client with bittorrent gives a 404 not found error.

Smile

I like it a lot : )
    Nokeeper. 220/30/80 Godfather. Equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=161560
    Cerumen. 220/30/70 Healpole.
    Battlesuit. 219/30/xx PewPew.
    + Alt army.

Wow. Thanks a lot! That's a homepage to be proud of!

Please tell me that little splash screen with the personal mech is what the new engine is going to look like

Tbh, I hate it.
    It looks cheap and warped straight from 1995.
    No offense to the designer, but this looks like some basic photoshop filters stacked on top of each other without a finishing touch.

edit: bring back this layout: http://web.archive.org/web/200002291...hy-online.com/
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 22:07:23.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Tbh, I hate it.
    No offense to the designer, but this looks like some basic photoshop filters stacked on top of each other without a finishing touch.

edit: bring back this layout: http://web.archive.org/web/200002291...hy-online.com/
    Yeah because something that looks like a homestead.com site is any better...

Times new roman font is *wicked* cool (how's that for 1995?)

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Tbh, I hate it.

that old site looks like designs i was screwin around with when i was in... oh.. what was that... 9-10th grade. which was late 90's.

the new site is more graphically intense compared to older designs...

i guess i'm rather indifferent.. since i hardly ever goto the AO website.. mainly since they hardly ever cared to update it in past few years.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

new changes should have been expected with Funcom's plans for the future

FC,1 thing though

What happened to the organization info pages????

I ask this, since I host orgbots and they can not get org info at this time since this area has been removed with the new site
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

Looks nice but there's some problem in the code for the LCA maps. Every time it rotates it slows the mech animation down greatly.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by daman425 View Post
    new changes should have been expected with Funcom's plans for the future

FC,1 thing though

What happened to the organization info pages????

I ask this, since I host orgbots and they can not get org info at this time since this area has been removed with the new site
    uh?

they are there. the addresses have changed. check aodevs forums (my sig..) for further info on it...

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I find old design more professional. Just because there's silverish background and new animation, it doesn't really boost futuristic feelings. If nothing else, background color makes it harder to read (gradual darkening doesn't help either).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Very nice I especially like the updates to the timeline and story updates appearing on the main page.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

I really like the new look. It has a more genre-specific feel to it. Great job guys.

Famine (or another),

Are we going to see the AO Forums reskinned to match the new look? Right now it's kind of in an oddball state.

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

The new site looks promising, a lot more 'scifi'ish to my eyes atleast, I loved the slogan lightyears beyond elves!

Now just waiting for the forums to be reskinned...
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast